What's new

Britain is No Longer a Major Military Power

What a pity it is for this land, which generated lots of world leaders.
But it still has power and an elite leader in the future will restore its glory.
The republican system damaged the country. May All power should returned to the queen.

What is Trident? Britain's nuclear deterrent explained

What is Trident?

Trident is Britain's nuclear weapons deterrent. It consists of four Vanguard-class submarines which can carry up to 16 Trident II D5 ballistic missiles, each armed with up to eight nuclear warheads.

At any time, one submarine is on patrol, one is undergoing maintenance, one is preparing for patrol and one has just come off patrol and is recovering.

Britain has had a Continuous At Sea Deterrence (CASD) since 1969. Trident is currently referred to (in defence speak) as Operation Relentless and is based in the Faslane area of Scotland.

How powerful is Trident?
No one knows exactly, but most nuclear weapons are approximately seven times more powerful than the atomic bomb which was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945.

Trident's ballistic missiles can hit a target up to 7,500 miles away and travel at speeds of more than 13,000 miles an hour.

What do we know about the submarines?
The UK's Vanguard-class submarines are called HMS Vanguard, HMS Vengeance, HMS Victorious and HMS Vigilant. They are huge - measuring more than twice the size of two Boeing 747s. Each contains a nuclear reactor which boils sea water and the steam is used to power them through the water.

The patrols are so secretive that only four among the crew of 135 know what route the submarine will take, on voyages lasting months.

upload_2017-3-25_21-46-13.jpeg

The Royal Navy’s four Vanguard Class nuclear-powered submarines carry Britain’s Trident nuclear deterrent.

Length: 492 ft

Displacement: 15,900 tonnes

Crew: 132

Top speed: 25 knots

In service: 1993 to present

Armament: Spearfish torpedoes and up to 16 Trident II D5 nuclear missiles

Power: Rolls Royce PWR2 nuclear reactor

Boats: HMS Vanguard, HMS Vengeance, HMS Victorious, HMS Vigilant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/21/what-is-trident-britains-nuclear-deterrent-explained/

So, every Submarine has 16 Ballistic missiles each with 8 nuclear warheads, that makes it a total of 16 x 8 x 4 = 128 x 4 = 512 nuclear warheads.. and that is just the naval branch!!! imagine the rest, meaning the army and the airforce..
So in many ways Britain is still a major military power after the US, Russia and China, since it can also project its power mainly through the sea..

PS: Note that this 512 nuclear warheads alone exceeds the 400 figure that the UK announces as its nuclear arsenal !!!

I dont agree with it GB is still a major power and with the addition of new carriers it will grow more the Indians can;p

Its funny to be called a leach by one of the biggest Leach in history ;p

Oh yes so it was us invading Ukraine ... If you dont like it quit Nato our try to kick Poland then ... If not then Poland has the right to request Help ...

India is already more powerful than GB. They won't match up any time soon

What is Trident? Britain's nuclear deterrent explained

What is Trident?

Trident is Britain's nuclear weapons deterrent. It consists of four Vanguard-class submarines which can carry up to 16 Trident II D5 ballistic missiles, each armed with up to eight nuclear warheads.

At any time, one submarine is on patrol, one is undergoing maintenance, one is preparing for patrol and one has just come off patrol and is recovering.

Britain has had a Continuous At Sea Deterrence (CASD) since 1969. Trident is currently referred to (in defence speak) as Operation Relentless and is based in the Faslane area of Scotland.

How powerful is Trident?
No one knows exactly, but most nuclear weapons are approximately seven times more powerful than the atomic bomb which was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945.

Trident's ballistic missiles can hit a target up to 7,500 miles away and travel at speeds of more than 13,000 miles an hour.

What do we know about the submarines?
The UK's Vanguard-class submarines are called HMS Vanguard, HMS Vengeance, HMS Victorious and HMS Vigilant. They are huge - measuring more than twice the size of two Boeing 747s. Each contains a nuclear reactor which boils sea water and the steam is used to power them through the water.

The patrols are so secretive that only four among the crew of 135 know what route the submarine will take, on voyages lasting months.

View attachment 386740

The Royal Navy’s four Vanguard Class nuclear-powered submarines carry Britain’s Trident nuclear deterrent.

Length: 492 ft

Displacement: 15,900 tonnes

Crew: 132

Top speed: 25 knots

In service: 1993 to present

Armament: Spearfish torpedoes and up to 16 Trident II D5 nuclear missiles

Power: Rolls Royce PWR2 nuclear reactor

Boats: HMS Vanguard, HMS Vengeance, HMS Victorious, HMS Vigilant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/21/what-is-trident-britains-nuclear-deterrent-explained/

So, every Submarine has 16 Ballistic missiles each with 8 nuclear warheads, that makes it a total of 16 x 8 x 4 = 128 x 4 = 512 nuclear warheads.. and that is just the naval branch!!! imagine the rest, meaning the army and the airforce..
So in many ways Britain is still a major military power after the US, Russia and China, since it can also project its power mainly through the sea..

PS: Note that this 512 nuclear warheads alone exceeds the 400 figure that the UK announces as its nuclear arsenal !!!

Dude, I had to visit the doc to get myself a tetanus shot after I looked at your pic.

Dude, I had to visit the doc to get myself a tetanus shot after I looked at your pic.
What about the Astute class, do you need any shot for its pic too?
SHIP_SSN_HMS_Astute_Marianne_Buchanan_lg.jpg

article-2631814-1DF68FDD00000578-719_964x662.jpg

What about the Astute class, do you need any shot for its pic too?
SHIP_SSN_HMS_Astute_Marianne_Buchanan_lg.jpg

article-1337832-00D6B57C000004B0-729_634x355.jpg

You must be kidding me. The astute is all of 7000 Tonnes. Hell it's like 40% the size of vanguard. You showing pigmy subs now? Wait....midgets are actually 'little people', how bad of me to forget?

This is the astute

article-1337832-00D6B57C000004B0-729_634x355.jpg

THIS is how a REAL NUCLEAR Sub looks like -'nuff said

maxresdefault.jpg

Every country having a second strike capability is a major military power,developing or not.
And quit calling your country ''developing'',you know thats not true anymore.:pissed::pissed::pissed:
China's GDP per capita is around 11000 USD. We are strong in certain area and not as strong in others. Our urbanisation is around 50% compare to 75% or higher in developed countries. Let's get back on topic.

About the SS parades,it might seem odd to you but,despite loosing WW2,some countries are allowed,and should celebrate the men who fought for them
Even so it's pretty strange for Poland to ally with people who honour the SS, or with the people in Ukraine who did this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

especially since your Soviet buddies weren t so different from the nazis.
The Soviet Union wasn't. Modern Russia is the antitheis of this, the only country actually willing to stand up to militant Salafists as well as the militant feminists who want abortions up to birth and beyond and homosexual activists who want to discuss their sex lives in front of five year olds in schools.

Even so it's pretty strange for Poland to ally with people who honour the SS, or with the people in Ukraine who did this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres_of_Poles_in_Volhynia_and_Eastern_Galicia

The Soviet Union wasn't. Modern Russia is the antitheis of this, the only country actually willing to stand up to militant Salafists as well as the militant feminists who want abortions up to birth and beyond and homosexual activists who want to discuss their sex lives in front of five year olds in schools.

is it? Britain was as bad and racist as poland, so why single only them out? Churchill's racism lead to the death of over 4 million people, how is his track record different from Hitler's? If you can make a hero out of Churchill then why shouldn't the poles make a hero out of Hitler?

Maybe because he killed millions of them you moron.

Churchill killed millions of too you jackass, what exactly is the difference between him and hitler? Plus, you're whitewashing the fact that the root cause of WW2 was Britain to start with, so why blame only the Nazis?

Churchill killed millions of too you jackass, what exactly is the difference between him and hitler? Plus, you're whitewashing the fact that the root cause of WW2 was Britain to start with, so why blame only the Nazis?
I'll spell it out to you: Hitler killed MILLIONs of Poles. So it would be rather odd for Poles to honour him, no? Churchill didn't kill millions of Englishmen to my knowledge.

I'll spell it out to you: Hitler killed MILLIONs of Poles. So it would be rather odd for Poles to honour him, no? Churchill didn't kill millions of Englishmen to my knowledge.

But churchill killed MILLIONS of PEOPLE in ways AS CRUEL AS HITLER. If you can overlook that, why shouldn't any right winger?

No you're not. With no ability to project power, age old equipment etc. I haven't even gone into your country being penned in by two enemies, you're more powerful how? You're weaker conventionally speaking,and forget about the nuclear deterrent. You're still chugging along trying to develop a sea based deterrent, where as the UK has had one for since the 70's.

@mike2000 is back You reading this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom