What's new

Breakthrough in Syria: Assad is loosing ground very fast

Arab countries can't conquer Israel, a state of only a few million Jews. I highly doubt Islamists can conquer the central and western parts of Syria. Just too much support for Baathists there. Not a chance IMO.

Assad stays,Assad goes,there is no more Syria.It's just a human catastrophy where the wicked will still prey on the weak regardless of the regime for years to come.Various groups will fight each other in Mad Max decorum of what was once Syria.
Depressing but sadly your probably right.

The war in Syria is not about Shia versus Sunni. It is about secular Baathists versus Islamists. 80% of Syrians are Baathists, 20% are Islamists. You can see the dense population centers are all Baathist controlled. Islamists are mainly in the north near Turkey, the south near Jordan, the east near Anbar.
Sp 80% with tanks, artillery and air force are losing vs 20% with light weapons? :lol:

Sp 80% with tanks, artillery and air force are losing vs 20% with light weapons? :lol:

Not exactly losing. Trying to find a terrorist is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I don't see terrorists threatening Hama, Homs, Aleppo (west part), Damascus, Daraa.

Saudi Arabia is doing worse in Yemen. Can't even beat Houthis.

That's a stupid idea, because the only one bleeding are Syrians.
Along with Iran.

You guys invested like billions in Syria, at the end a few terrorists came and burned all your investments.

But incompetence runs in your blood. I hope the Israelis and the Americans bring you out of your misery.

Along with Iran.

You guys invested like billions in Syria, at the end a few terrorists came and burned all your investments.

But incompetence runs in your blood. I hope the Israelis and the Americans bring you out of your misery.

Obama is lifting sanctions on Iran at the end of June, just in time for them to pour billions more into propping up Assad.

Along with Iran.

I'm almost sure you are a false flag, but if you are not, in case you didn't notice, you were actually bled out in Iraq and Afghanistan in a way that Iran would not even come close. You spent trillions of dollars only to bring 2 pro-Iran governments in those countries, and got back thousands in body bags. That all happened after Vietnam fiasco.

Please, blabber more about incompetence. We have not 'invested' anything in Syria, but yes, we are helping them to fight terrorists which are hugely funded by your backward allies in the Middle East, e.g Qatar and Saudi Arabia and also yourself, giving weapons and funds to Al-Qaeda. It's money good spent, killing 'good' terrorists in eyes of America.

:rofl: Im sure most pakistanis will also Laugh their *** out reading this.. :lol: I think Turkey should make Pakistan its national security adviser, Pakistan sure has alot of experience to share/teach Turkey on such 'moderate rebels'.:ph34r::sarcastic:

Turkey will learn it the hard way, just like Pakistan did. Instead of mediating the conflict, they have taken an active part to overthrow a sovereign neighboring state by supporting hardcore Jihadis. Thats as dangerous as it is foolish. They've exposed themselves to severe security threats (in the long term)

Turkey will learn it the hard way, just like Pakistan did. Instead of mediating the conflict, they have taken an active part to overthrow a sovereign neighboring state by supporting hardcore Jihadis. Thats as dangerous as it is foolish. They've exposed themselves to severe security threats (in the long term)
Meeh... its ironic how you perfectly describe Assad clans actions in 90s where they supported pkk.
Talking about long term security threat. :)

Meeh... its ironic how you perfectly describe Assad clans anction in 90s where they supported pkk.
Talking about long term security threat. :)

Your support of takfiris is on a whole different magnitude than whatever support Assad gave to PKK, they cant be compared. The only thing ironic is that Turkey enjoyed great relations with Syria. It had a great foreign policy success in mediating between conflicts and actors. Probably as good as Iran-Syria relations at the time, with Turkey getting good share in the Syrian economy.
But now what you have is an implacable enemy state on your southern border. This in and of itself is bad, but then there is other security threats (ISIS, Nusrah). Nusrah et al may leave you alone now but can quickly turn the table. I refer to Pakistan case. They used to have strong central government and security apparatus (like Turkey) to swiftly deal with terrorists. But after supporting taliban and other elements that eroded. They are every day regretting their policies in Afghanistan.
And it is also particularly troublesome for Turkey, because Syria is a direct neighbor with a long border.
This is not how "zero problems with neighbors" was supposed to pan out. :)

Your support of takfiris is on a whole different magnitude than whatever support Assad gave to PKK, they cant be compared. The only thing ironic is that Turkey enjoyed great relations with Syria. It had a great foreign policy success in mediating between conflicts and actors. Probably as good as Iran-Syria relations at the time, with Turkey getting good share in the Syrian economy.
But now what you have is an implacable enemy state on your southern border. This in and of itself is bad, but then there is other security threats (ISIS, Nusrah). Nusrah et al may leave you alone now but can quickly turn the table. I refer to Pakistan case. They used to have strong central government and security apparatus (like Turkey) to swiftly deal with terrorists. But after supporting taliban and other elements that eroded. They are every day regretting their policies in Afghanistan.
And it is also particularly troublesome for Turkey, because Syria is a direct neighbor with a long border.
This is not how "zero problems with neighbors" was supposed to pan out. :)
I admit our FP is going wrong, i always said that if you remember but i dont understand why everyone is taking Pakistan as an exsample in this sutiation, Its a whole another country in a different environment.

Turkish army is more than capable to take care of any rag tag terrorist, Isis is threatening Turkey since years but no action so far except the hostage crisis to keep Turkey out.
And lets say Isis somehow manages to attack Turkey which wont happen anyway, NATO is obligated to defend in such a scenario, there goes your Pakistan analogy. :victory1:

And about support, well Hafez supported pkk and Turkey is supporting fsa, tit for tat, one has to ask why they supported pkk in the first place, it was a stupidity in astronomical scale that made us clear that we wont see a friendly Syria as long as Assads have the control there.

I admit our FP is going wrong, i always said that if you remember but i dont understand why everyone is taking Pakistan as an exsample in this sutiation, Its a whole another country in a different environment.

Turkish army is more than capable to take care of any rag tag terrorist, Isis is threatening Turkey since years but no action so far except the hostage crisis to keep Turkey out.
And lets say Isis somehow manages to attack Turkey which wont happen anyway, NATO is obligated to defend in such a scenario, there goes your Pakistan analogy. :victory1:

And about support, well Hafez supported pkk and Turkey is supporting fsa, tit for tat, one has to ask why they supported pkk in the first place, it was a stupidity in astronomical scale that made us clear that we wont see a friendly Syria as long as Assads have the control there.

They are different countries and no situations are the same. But there is similarity.
Syria and Turkey has had conflict stretching back before Assad dynasty, which had to do with water issues and other things.
But Syrian support of PKK stopped long before this civil war erupted. Again, I go back to Turkey having very close relations to Assad and getting major economy deals.

Anyway, we can sit here all day and say Assad is this and that. Opposition is this and that. It wont go anywhere.
But Turkey should go back to its previous policies of mediation. Not because Iran wants to. Its just the logical thing.
Whats happening in Syria is not a good situation for Turkey. Raging war next door, and countless of refugees streaming in, and you dont know who is who.
So how do you guarantee stability and security in the long term? By having friendly relations with neighboring states. I think its pretty clear that neither the opposition nor Assad will take over the entire Syria.
So political solution based on power sharing, is the logical course of action.

Which it is why it baffles me when I read news sources saying that Turkey is telling the opposition not to negotiate with Assad.
I guess Turkey, for now, has decided to do an "all or nothing" approach. But I dont think it will have positive outcome for either Turkey or Syria.

For those that support the rebels, just what exactly do you expect will come after Assad? Have you learned nothing from Libya? The only way forward for Syria is a secular democratic state in which all Syrians can vote under international observation for a president of their choice and with a constitution that guarantees the rights of all citizens. Supporting rebel and terrorist groups will only cause the country to implode. Perhaps that's what you really want...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom