What's new

Breaking: UAE Oil Tanker attacked in Gulf of Oman

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI

images

Easy to point a finger towards another, right? But the remaining fingers point back towards you.

Iran is a victim of its shortsighted geopolitics and mischievous character beneath the waves of narrative-building.

false equivalence here(Apples and oranges). My point is that the US is actually a trouble maker worldwide(to a certain extent, while it does do good, but NET isnt as good as Americans think it is) while your point is to show Iran's relationship with subordinate proxies? BRO, just go relax. you missed this one.

Israeli war planes over Gaza. As we all discuss this jets fly over Gaza to bomb.
Gaza will never surrender. Iran restored their dignity that weak *** Arabs hypocritcally sold to ISrael for nothing. Muslims who havent helped other countries cant lie cuz they have nothing to show for the fake support they say they extend. Israel tells GCC arabs- dont send $ to Gaza, and they follow Israel's instructions. disgusting. they dont hate me, they hate the truths i expose. weaklings!

operations like these requires intelligence.UAE and saudia are friends.i don't think that they want war.recently houthis fire missiles on saudia airport in which people wounded.i think it's not fair to blame ksa.irani proxy is totally out of control.
Irani proxies are out of control? oooo...what about Jundollah and Jaish Ul-Adl which Pakistan allow Saudis use to attack Iran? they arent out of control right? JeM you guys have unleashed on India in Kashmir isnt out of control? YOur sectarian outfits designed to kill Shia and Ahmadiyas are not out of control? Ooooooh, you guys were hosting Bin Laden(and i say it now Pakistan is hosting AQ's #2 man as we speak) but that support for AQ iss not out of control? dont be a hypocrite. thnx.

i don't support irani attack.basically you are saying that you support irgc actions.recently houthis fired a cruise missile that hit saudia airport and many people wounded.now even on this oil tanker,many irani members are blaming it on ksa.i think iran should think wisely before any attacks.clearly no reaction on airport attack from saudia means no war.they don't want war but you should ask houthis to stop.i think iran can solve it's problems if it invites arab countries for talks.
US and Saudis have shown recently that they dont want war with Iran. now whose boss of the Persian Gulf? If they keep playing games with an opponent they are underestimating , Iran will give them the work. Iran has studied them well in the ME and is competent enough to give them damage they dont want to report on to their citizens. facts on ground are supporting this...but we were saying this b4, but now you guys are starting to see the evidence. US needs to play more smart and more tactical. force aint winning the way it used to b4. Go ask Gaza!

In the past decade they have helped Bashar Al Assad massacre sunnis.
Blockheads like you call extremist Sunnis "Sunnis",which is pathetic and manipulative. Yes, sunni civilians died, but so did Shia, Allawi, but it was mistakes, cuz that happens in war. As we speak US hits afghan civilians even with the best military technology so this is not uncommon. Iran helped Assad fight foreign sponsored terrorist groups, which were mostly Sunni AND funded, trained, brainwashed, manipulated and supported by US+ GCC. get your facts right b4 u start spewing propaganda BS here.

They helped the US invade iraq and afghanistan too.
....to secure their interests. it was a means to an end, it wasnt an objective. stop manipulating!

Probably because everyone is tired of the Iranian regime.
Everyone's also tired of you guys:
1) your country wants top weapons whereas you dont have $ to fund it. China is going to get tired of supporting u guys
2) You host terrorist groups, like AQ, JEM, JUA, etc just like Iran, so on this topic, pls shut your trap
3) You played double game with US- collected uS $$$ under musharaff that was for economic development ,but u bought more weapons and kept supporting Taliban, which was against US interests, so u betrayed US already.
4) US wont sell u anymore weapons because you've been lying and deceiving US. The moment US puts more pressure on Pakistan for Taliban support, Taliban will start losing territory in Afghanistan.

I agree.

Iran has never supported pakistan and always has sided with india.

Let them burn.
cuz you guys prefer Saudi+GCC cash to Iranian friendship. Money prevents you guys from having deep values/interests.

Let them burn.
Oh, dont worry, Iran is definitely ready to burn.....ALONG with her enemies....but they dont want that, hence they havent attacked militarily. cowards.

Blockheads like you call extremist Sunnis "Sunnis",which is pathetic and manipulative. Yes, sunni civilians died, but so did Shia, Allawi, but it was mistakes, cuz that happens in war. As we speak US hits afghan civilians even with the best military technology so this is not uncommon. Iran helped Assad fight foreign sponsored terrorist groups, which were mostly Sunni AND funded, trained, brainwashed, manipulated and supported by US+ GCC. get your facts right b4 u start spewing propaganda BS here.

....to secure their interests. it was a means to an end, it wasnt an objective. stop manipulating!

Everyone's also tired of you guys:
1) your country wants top weapons whereas you dont have $ to fund it. China is going to get tired of supporting u guys
2) You host terrorist groups, like AQ, JEM, JUA, etc just like Iran, so on this topic, pls shut your trap
3) You played double game with US- collected uS $$$ under musharaff that was for economic development ,but u bought more weapons and kept supporting Taliban, which was against US interests, so u betrayed US already.
4) US wont sell u anymore weapons because you've been lying and deceiving US. The moment US puts more pressure on Pakistan for Taliban support, Taliban will start losing territory in Afghanistan.

Relax Assadist, stop getting so emotional.

Ha trying to compare Pakistan to Iran. There is no comparison. The day Pakistan helps someone mass murder and mass rape their civilians - I'll call it out. But Pakistan is not Iran, we do not do rubbish like that, we've had our issues but heck we haven't gone to that extremes like how Iran has done to sunnis in Syria and Iraq.

Pakistan is far ahead of Iran in terms of moral high ground.

^This should be a good lesson for many Pakistanis here. Many of deluded Assadists host vast hatred for our country even though we have stayed mostly neutral. They use the same arguments the west uses against it. Maybe one day these Assadists and Iranian regime fanboys will attack us too and claim to be fighting "terrorists".

what ever it was and how fast IRGC members reacted, we should keep doing this.

Headline is media hype. Read the stories: the U.S. account and the owner's account don't necessarily contradict each other.

Not sure what you're reading but this paragraph is pretty obvious. I highlighted it for you, as it is possible that there may be a reading comprehension on your part, Kiddo.

"Yutaka Katada, the owner of one of the stricken fuel tankers crippled in explosions in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, says the U.S. is wrong about the way the attack was carried out. Speaking at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday, he contradicted Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Navy, which released a video that purports to show an Iranian patrol boat removing a limpet mine from the port side of the Kokuka Courageous. Katada said his ship was attacked on the starboard side by a flying object, not by a mine. “It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said, according to the Financial Times. “It seems there was a high chance they were attacked by a flying object. The impact was well above the water. I don’t think it was a torpedo.” The Japanese ship owner did not say who might be responsible for the attack. Iran has vehemently denied it was involved."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese-oil-tanker-owner-says-us-is-wrong-about-gulf-attack

Peed I appreciate your great analysis in technical specifications of military weapon systems.

But with all due respect your analysis of geopolitical chess moves is amateur. No the Americans are not sitting saying “what kind of crazy fearless guys” are these.

Americans have gone up against Nazi SS and Imperial Japan Kamikaze pilots and the true “crazy” Vietcong forces. So in all honesty, IRGC isn’t even top 5 of “craziest” soldiers the US has faced off against.

Well i don't know which of those points make me a clueless amateur (admitted I don't earn my money via political analysis). You think that I think that the US navy forces are now full of fear?
I didn't state something like that.
It's just again a bold action of the IRGCN like the arrest of those U.S.N forces a few years back. They realize that the classic superpower stance of republican frontman Trump has not intimidated Iranians.
This is a important signal here, not a Abe Abdollah Boys vs. SS vs. Kamikaze vs. Vietcong contest.

Nonetheless, Iran taking the limpet mine irregardless of the time destroys evidence that would otherwise fall into US hands.

If Iran is accused of this, Iran can say prove the mine was ours and without the mine the US has a video of soldiers removing an unknown origin explosive. That is circumstantial evidence at best and doesn’t prove anything. So again Iran wins by removing it even though they got “caught”.

That's the key point.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. We had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment."
US National Security Advisor John Bolton defending the use of deception in advancing military agendas:

Japanese tanker owner contradicts U.S. officials over explosives used in Gulf of Oman attack
The owner of the Kokuka Courageous says something had flown at the ship despite U.S. officials' claims.

Ship's operator casts doubt on reports that mine damaged tanker in Gulf of Oman
JUNE 14, 201901:05

June 14, 2019, 6:00 PM GMT+4:30
By Linda Givetash and Arata Yamamoto

The Japanese owner of a tanker attacked in the Gulf of Omanclaimed Friday that it was struck by a flying projectile, contradicting reports by U.S. officials and the military on the source of the blast.

U.S. Central Command said the two vessels were hit Thursday by a limpet mine, which is attached to boats below the waterline using magnets. U.S. Central Command released video it claimed showed an Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps patrol boat removing an unexploded mine from one of the tankers, the Kokuka Courageous.

But on Friday morning, the owner of the 560-foot Courageous, said that sailors saw something flying toward the vessel just before the explosion and that the impact was well above the waterline.

"We received reports that something flew towards the ship," said Yutaka Katada, president of Kokaku Sangyo Co. at a press conference. "The place where the projectile landed was significantly higher than the water level, so we are absolutely sure that this wasn’t a torpedo.

"I do not think there was a time bomb or an object attached to the side of the ship."

U.S. officials have not yet responded to the claims. But President Donald Trump reiterated U.S. allegations that Iran was behind the attack, telling the Fox News Channel that the incident had "Iran written all over it."

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Thursday that the weapons used and the level of expertise behind the attack suggested Tehran is the culprit.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif angrily dismissed the claims and said they were without "a shred of factual or circumstantial evidence."

The attack came on the heels of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's two-day trip to Iran, aimed at improving relations between Washington and Tehran, which have deteriorated markedly in the last 48 hours.

The USS Bainbridge was dispatched to help the damaged vessels in the gulf. A spokesman for Central Command said in a statement Thursday that the U.S. and the international community "stand ready to defend our interests, including the freedom of navigation.”

“The United States has no interest in engaging in a new conflict in the Middle East. However, we will defend our interests,” said the spokesman, Capt. Bill Urban.

The Japanese Foreign Ministry condemned the attacks in a statement Friday and vowed to work with the related countries to secure the safety of the region, but did not mention Iran or other possible assailants.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...t-u-s-officials-over-explosives-used-n1017556

German official: US video 'not enough' to pin blame on Iran for tanker attacks
BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 06/14/19 10:50 AM EDT
oiltanker_iran_us_getty.jpg

© Getty Images

Germany's foreign minister on Friday said that a video released by the U.S. is insufficient evidence to prove Iran was behind attacks this week on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

“The video is not enough. We can understand what is being shown, sure, but to make a final assessment, this is not enough for me,” Foreign Minister Heiko Maas told reporters in Oslo, according to Reuters.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday blamed Iran for the attacks on the Norwegian-owned MT Front Altair and the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous, citing intelligence, the weapons used, expertise required and similar recent attacks.

The U.S. military released a video later on Thursday that it says shows Iran's Revolutionary Guard removing a mine from one of the targeted oil tankers.

The captain of the Kokuka disputed the U.S. assertion on Friday.

“Our crew said that the ship was attacked by a flying object,” said Yutaka Katada, president of ship operator Kokuka Sangyo.

Katada, citing accounts from the ship’s crew, said, “I do not think there was a time bomb or an object attached to the side of the ship," according to The New York Times.

Iran has pushed back on the U.S. assigning blame, calling the accusation “the simplest and the most convenient way for Pompeo and other U.S. officials.”

Thursday's attack came just weeks after allegations of sabotage in attacks against four oil tankers off the coast of the United Arab Emirates. The U.S. blamed Iran, pointing to limpet mines that officials said were Iranian.

Iran denied any involvement in those attacks.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...nough-to-pin-blame-on-iran-for-tanker-attacks

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo: "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. We had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment."
US National Security Advisor John Bolton defending the use of deception in advancing military agendas:

German official: US video 'not enough' to pin blame on Iran for tanker attacks
BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 06/14/19 10:50 AM EDT
oiltanker_iran_us_getty.jpg

© Getty Images

Germany's foreign minister on Friday said that a video released by the U.S. is insufficient evidence to prove Iran was behind attacks this week on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

“The video is not enough. We can understand what is being shown, sure, but to make a final assessment, this is not enough for me,” Foreign Minister Heiko Maas told reporters in Oslo, according to Reuters.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday blamed Iran for the attacks on the Norwegian-owned MT Front Altair and the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous, citing intelligence, the weapons used, expertise required and similar recent attacks.

The U.S. military released a video later on Thursday that it says shows Iran's Revolutionary Guard removing a mine from one of the targeted oil tankers.

The captain of the Kokuka disputed the U.S. assertion on Friday.

“Our crew said that the ship was attacked by a flying object,” said Yutaka Katada, president of ship operator Kokuka Sangyo.

Katada, citing accounts from the ship’s crew, said, “I do not think there was a time bomb or an object attached to the side of the ship," according to The New York Times.

Iran has pushed back on the U.S. assigning blame, calling the accusation “the simplest and the most convenient way for Pompeo and other U.S. officials.”

Thursday's attack came just weeks after allegations of sabotage in attacks against four oil tankers off the coast of the United Arab Emirates. The U.S. blamed Iran, pointing to limpet mines that officials said were Iranian.

Iran denied any involvement in those attacks.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...nough-to-pin-blame-on-iran-for-tanker-attacks

Japanese tanker owner contradicts U.S. officials over explosives used in Gulf of Oman attack
The owner of the Kokuka Courageous says something had flown at the ship despite U.S. officials' claims.

Ship's operator casts doubt on reports that mine damaged tanker in Gulf of Oman
JUNE 14, 201901:05

June 14, 2019, 6:00 PM GMT+4:30
By Linda Givetash and Arata Yamamoto

The Japanese owner of a tanker attacked in the Gulf of Omanclaimed Friday that it was struck by a flying projectile, contradicting reports by U.S. officials and the military on the source of the blast.

U.S. Central Command said the two vessels were hit Thursday by a limpet mine, which is attached to boats below the waterline using magnets. U.S. Central Command released video it claimed showed an Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps patrol boat removing an unexploded mine from one of the tankers, the Kokuka Courageous.

But on Friday morning, the owner of the 560-foot Courageous, said that sailors saw something flying toward the vessel just before the explosion and that the impact was well above the waterline.

"We received reports that something flew towards the ship," said Yutaka Katada, president of Kokaku Sangyo Co. at a press conference. "The place where the projectile landed was significantly higher than the water level, so we are absolutely sure that this wasn’t a torpedo.

"I do not think there was a time bomb or an object attached to the side of the ship."

U.S. officials have not yet responded to the claims. But President Donald Trump reiterated U.S. allegations that Iran was behind the attack, telling the Fox News Channel that the incident had "Iran written all over it."

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Thursday that the weapons used and the level of expertise behind the attack suggested Tehran is the culprit.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif angrily dismissed the claims and said they were without "a shred of factual or circumstantial evidence."

The attack came on the heels of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's two-day trip to Iran, aimed at improving relations between Washington and Tehran, which have deteriorated markedly in the last 48 hours.

The USS Bainbridge was dispatched to help the damaged vessels in the gulf. A spokesman for Central Command said in a statement Thursday that the U.S. and the international community "stand ready to defend our interests, including the freedom of navigation.”

“The United States has no interest in engaging in a new conflict in the Middle East. However, we will defend our interests,” said the spokesman, Capt. Bill Urban.

The Japanese Foreign Ministry condemned the attacks in a statement Friday and vowed to work with the related countries to secure the safety of the region, but did not mention Iran or other possible assailants.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...t-u-s-officials-over-explosives-used-n1017556

Not sure what you're reading but this paragraph is pretty obvious. I highlighted it for you, as it is possible that there may be a reading comprehension on your part, Kiddo.

"Yutaka Katada, the owner of one of the stricken fuel tankers crippled in explosions in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, says the U.S. is wrong about the way the attack was carried out. Speaking at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday, he contradicted Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Navy, which released a video that purports to show an Iranian patrol boat removing a limpet mine from the port side of the Kokuka Courageous. Katada said his ship was attacked on the starboard side by a flying object, not by a mine. “It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said, according to the Financial Times. “It seems there was a high chance they were attacked by a flying object. The impact was well above the water. I don’t think it was a torpedo.” The Japanese ship owner did not say who might be responsible for the attack. Iran has vehemently denied it was involved."
Nope. The U.S. never claimed that there was a torpedo involved. The owner is unsure what the function of the flying object was. (The flying object may have been a reconnaissance drone - perhaps it even triggered the mine.) So the accounts may be complementary, not contradictory.

Nevertheless, the U.S. Navy pic shows both a hole in the side of the ship and an object described as a "likely limpet mine" stuck to the same side.

Apparently there was more than one attack on this vessel, at different times and on different sides - no wonder reports are confused: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...33356502dce_story.html?utm_term=.543ca05c7e5e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom