What's new

Breaking News ....

Nop, it has been reversed when CPIM came to power this year. For a state like Kerala where the major part of its revenue comes from tourism, banning liquor was the last thing to do.
not sure what reverse mean but I saw lungi clad people queuing for liquor from 2 pm in front of liquor shops, whereas restaurants(that can earn tourist money) do not serve alcohol. The white fella (I met there while traveling) told me, I did not believe him, he proceeded to ask the waiter if they got 'special soda'... and we got beer in coffee mugs. :(
Usually restaurants charge more from tourists, it makes no sense to stop them from selling liquor(or making it hard to get license).

not sure what reverse mean but I saw lungi clad people queuing for liquor from 2 pm in front of liquor shops, whereas restaurants(that can earn tourist money) do not serve alcohol. The white fella (I met there while traveling) told me, I did not believe him, he proceeded to ask the waiter if they got 'special soda'... and we got beer in coffee mugs. :(
Usually restaurants charge more from tourists, it makes no sense to stop them from selling liquor(or making it hard to get license).

It was a very partial decision as it favored high end restaurants to serve liquor through out while small toddy and liquor shops were refrained from doing so. We're Indians and Jugaad apna dhandha banta hai dost !! Ban or No Ban, you'll get it if you have the will.

It was a very partial decision as it favored high end restaurants to serve liquor through out while small toddy and liquor shops were refrained from doing so. We're Indians and Jugaad apna dhandha banta hai dost !! Ban or No Ban, you'll get it if you have the will.
i had no problem getting it mate, am indian too... lolz... getting liquor to drink at home is easy but to get it in restaurant is difficult.. it was not high end but was full of foreigners due to its touristy location(all with coffee mugs next to dinner)..

i tried toddy with cassava+fish curry in a toddy shop... toddy tests weird, but drank anyway... :)

i had no problem getting it mate, am indian too... lolz... getting liquor to drink at home is easy but to get it in restaurant is difficult.. it was not high end but was full of foreigners due to its touristy location(all with coffee mugs next to dinner)..

i tried toddy with cassava+fish curry in a toddy shop... toddy tests weird, but drank anyway... :)

When I was in Kerala during the ban, I had to really search for em but got it anyways. It wasn't as freely available as it did earlier. I am a local.

He has apparently expressed concern about liquor destroying the younger generation of 20 to 25 year olds.

We might be looking at a age limited liquor ban nationwide ...

Cheers, Doc
Very stupid for a politician to do so.

May be a bomb on liberals! Mobi bashing will eventually come to a near ending. I see this guy as a next prime minister of India as well.

New India going to born again Lol...............

Back
Top Bottom