What's new

Breaking News: Trump declares any Iranian Strike will mean WAR

I would not be surprisd if any of these found their way in .

B-52s can carry up to 20 JASSM-ER cruise missiles per aircraft

They also have the radar cross section of a blimp.

52 year old aircraft design going up against latest in Russian radars.

B-52 is great for Afghanistan and Syria with no air defense threats. But even if it flies to the strait of Hormuz and releases payload it will still be picked up by air defense systems.

The more pressing concern is B-2 and B-1 lancer for Iran.

They also have the radar cross section of a blimp.

52 year old aircraft design going up against latest in Russian radars.

B-52 is great for Afghanistan and Syria with no air defense threats. But even if it flies to the strait of Hormuz and releases payload it will still be picked up by air defense systems.

The more pressing concern is B-2 and B-1 lancer for Iran.

Oh no worries, F-35s will already have disintegrated Irans coastal radars and air defense sites. B-52s won't be flying over Iran until the Iranian IADS has been suppressed.

Oh no worries, F-35s will already have disintegrated Irans coastal radars and air defense sites. B-52s won't be flying over Iran until the Iranian IADS has been suppressed.

Iran’s radars aren’t on the coast. But I am not going to get into these fantasy war predictions. No point, they just clutter these threads.

You are new to this forum. You need to read more about Iran's remote detection and missile capacity. Iran's OTH radars can easily detect a target as large as a carrier group from 1000km away. And carriers are the easiest targets for Iran's ASHBMs.
I belive I registered on this forum 10 years ago. I may not post, but Im actually not new to this forum.
OTH may tell Iran that something is out there, but it wont help Iran cue in missiles at a carrier and OTH radarsystems would recieve a GPS guided missile at the very beginning. Iran would need ships, drones or planes closing in on the carrier group in order to target the ships, and they’d be destroyed before they even came close to the group in a wartime scenario. I doubt than any of you seriously belive Iran has the maritime intelligence assets needed to perform a search and destroy campaign against a carrier group in the Indian Ocean.

No offense my friend, but that photo looks photoshopped

This forum is littered with nationalistic bluster, as is natural when facing external conflict.

However, there is a difference in being proud of your homeland (which you should be) and sounding utterly foolish from a military standpoint.

Russia and China will not defend Iran. Iran cannot remove the US, Israeli, and Saudi capability to completely destroy or reset the Iranian nuclear program. Iranian SAM sites emit radar, and will be destroyed as B-2s and more are in the air from US bases.

The bunkers that deterred war 10 years ago, are no longer immune from sustained strikes. That problem was solved.

https://taskandpurpose.com/stealth-bomber-tested-nuke

In order to reset the nuclear program of Iran, USA will not rely on B-2 bombers or stealth fighters. For that, USA will have to go into Iran just like it did into Iraq. Foot soldiers coming from thousands of miles away, scouring for 'weapons of mass destruction'. It took USA a lot of time and loss of innocent life before the WMDs were 'found' or 'not found' in Iraq.
I think Iran will be at least a little bit more difficult to 'reset' dont you think?

I belive I registered on this forum 10 years ago. I may not post, but Im actually not new to this forum.
OTH may tell Iran that something is out there, but it wont help Iran cue in missiles at a carrier and OTH radarsystems would recieve a GPS guided missile at the very beginning. Iran would need ships, drones or planes closing in on the carrier group in order to target the ships, and they’d be destroyed before they even came close to the group in a wartime scenario. I doubt than any of you seriously belive Iran has the maritime intelligence assets needed to perform a search and destroy campaign against a carrier group in the Indian Ocean.

I’m so glad your here Armchair General with your decades in military experience.

No BM uses radars to guide it. So nice job showing your ineptitude. With the Armaco attack, Iran showed it can use drones and cruise missiles to avoid radar coverage and strike specific parts of the plants with precision.

And there is no “search and destroy” component needed for a carrier group. They are already being tracked 24/7 (ones near Iran). It’s not like Iran needs to go “omg where is the carrier group let’s find it”.

These arm chair general analysis are getting really old. Especially when someone thinks an OTH can be taken out by “gps guided missile”.

It’s funny Everything Iran has can be taken out by a simple missile or plane, but nothing the US has can be done by the same. Love these analysis’.

Same way they detected and shoot down the drones that attached KSAs refineries? They don't even know where they came from yet.

This is a pointless discussion. If Iran has developed 1500km range ASHBMS, then it has definitely thought about ways to know which direction to fire them at. Otherwise it would be huge waste of resources. Hopefully it doesn't come to the point that they will be used.

Back
Top Bottom