What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Bangladesh Army rejects Russian tanks

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh Army rejected the offer of Russian T-72B3 MBT's on cost grounds. The Russians asked at least $3 million for each tank, which was deemed unacceptable by the BD Army as these tanks were just upgraded 20 year old tanks.

Instead the Bangladesh Army will buy hundreds of ex-PLA tanks and upgrade them indigenously at its own heavy workshop where it maintains and upgrades tanks and artillery systems.

Bangladesh Army will also evaluate the VT-5 and finalise a deal for these two tanks.

https://www.bdmilitary.com/…/bangladesh-army-rejects-russi…/

It seems again China can't be beaten on price and the fact that BD Army uses their kits to upgrade Type 59s is a huge advantage as the Durjoiy is a customised version for the Bangladesh Army.

"The Bangladesh Army will purchase both new and refurbished tanks from another source after shelving the idea of procuring T-72B3’s from Russia on cost grounds.

Rosoboronexport demanded $3 million for each T-72B3 tanks, which are 20 years old and feature some....."

https://www.bdmilitary.com/defence-procurement/bangladesh-army-rejects-russian-tanks/

Bangladesh Army rejected the offer of Russian T-72B3 MBT's on cost grounds. The Russians asked at least $3 million for each tank, which was deemed unacceptable by the BD Army as these tanks were just upgraded 20 year old tanks.

Instead the Bangladesh Army will buy hundreds of ex-PLA tanks and upgrade them indigenously at its own heavy workshop where it maintains and upgrades tanks and artillery systems.

Bangladesh Army will also evaluate the VT-5 and finalise a deal for these two tanks.

https://www.bdmilitary.com/…/bangladesh-army-rejects-russi…/

It seems again China can't be beaten on price and the fact that BD Army uses their kits to upgrade Type 59s is a huge advantage as the Durjoiy is a customised version for the Bangladesh Army.

"The Bangladesh Army will purchase both new and refurbished tanks from another source after shelving the idea of procuring T-72B3’s from Russia on cost grounds.

Rosoboronexport demanded $3 million for each T-72B3 tanks, which are 20 years old and feature some....."

https://www.bdmilitary.com/defence-procurement/bangladesh-army-rejects-russian-tanks/
Bro, I think I know you in that group :P

Russian also tricked Bangladesh about the price of Su-30 and attempted to shove their newer, unproven fighter jet.

Anyway i wish we could buy T-14 or change the armored doctrine for 120mm smoothbore gun, go for PT-16 or Type-10 and build nato rounds in BOF. Can anyone tell me what makes 125mm so special for our army?? What's difference between two guns?? Pros and cons?

Russian also tricked Bangladesh about the price of Su-30 and attempted to shove their newer, unproven fighter jet.

Heard they even didn't let our army buy armored car with firing ATGM capability under 1 billion credit.

not really breaking news over here. i myself couldn't care less what bangladesh buys

I sincerely hope, BD find some other country to build the 2nd nuclear power plant.Japanese would be better.

Yikes!! We are taking 12 billion credit for this one. Can't imagine how much a Japanese one will cost. And after Fukushima disaster i don't even support a nuclear power plant in BD, govt should really invest in solar power program including generating electricity from wind and wave to supply to rural area and ease the pressure on national grid. পল্লী বিদ্যুৎ gives shitty service there. -_-

Why not get t-90? Or Chinese vt-4

don't know about T-90 but if the article writer is right then army might get some second hand tank from China and upgrade it in BMTF. But let's not jump to the conclusion right now. There's is nothing 100% confirm about BD's procurement until we see or hear it with our own eyes/ear.

not really breaking news over here. i myself couldn't care less what bangladesh buys

This is Bangladeshi forum, so it is BREAKING news for us. Who cares if an outsider like you care or not.

Yikes!! We are taking 12 billion credit for this one. Can't imagine how much a Japanese one will cost. And after Fukushima disaster i don't even support a nuclear power plant in BD, govt should really invest in solar power program including generating electricity from wind and wave to supply to rural area and ease the pressure on national grid. পল্লী বিদ্যুৎ gives shitty service there. -_-
I have heard that, farther nuclear power plant will be build in BoB islands. 1st one was built in Rooppur because sites were preserved there since 1960s.It will be much much safer and convenient to build in offshore Island.France is still getting 80 percent of their electricity need from nuclear without any accident.Fukushima was a 1st generation nuclear reactor met 9.0 Richter scale earthquake.Newer generation nuclear plant has much much more safety features than Fukushima plant.We will get the latest technology plus in offshore island.So not much worry about nuclear accident.

Unfortunately solar, wind still not economical or can meet the vast need in our case.So nuclear will continue for a considerable times to come.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom