What's new

Breaking : 4 More P8I 's

no

but there is another thing india need from isreal and she wary bbecause high cost and here 1 bilion in second closed deal

india maybe half year want to buy some equepment from isreal and dont do it beacaise cost

no

but there is another thing india need from isreal and she wary bbecause high cost and here 1 bilion in second closed deal

india maybe half year want to buy some equepment from isreal and dont do it beacaise cost
India' isn't going to source all of its equipment from one supplier, diversification is critical to India's strategic autonomy. Cost is not really an issue, as you can see from the BARAK-8/S-400/Rafale/FGFA/C-17/P-8/AH-64E/EL/W-2090 etc etc examples, India is willing to pay IF the product is top notch and a comparable product isn't already made in India.

The number of defence deals and JVs with Israel is only going to increase over time.

im talking about this http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ventures-with-Israel/articleshow/53256697.cms

im sure india have few sources of there weapons

this deal and im not talking barak 8 have dicided mounth ago but its take alot of time to sign it

Stay calm mate, stay assured that not an ounce of what that portal says is correct. Every thing is fine and will see service. Barak8, SPYDER and SPIKE.... all's going well.

You see there are a lot of contenders for the above systems , and they are not really much happy with a single nation bagging all... they need to pay just a little to sow numerous false alarms across Indian Private Media.

Thank you for validating my point. I know you inadvertently did so. Point being, it is extremely difficult to detect something in vast deep ocean.

Exactly - a good reason why Pakistan should have shut up & sit quietly when TTP blew up your P-3C Orions instead of requesting US for replacements...after all, they are just there to suck up Pakistani taxpayers money to fuel & maintain them, and they would be totally useless in detecting any Indian submarine in IOR.:rofl:

OR...you can read my next para to hopefully install some sense in your brain OS...

If it was a Pakistani submarine, I would say good luck to your P-8 and whatever!

...if it was a Pakistani submarine...

> It would be throwing off a range of sound, hydrocarbon, magnetic anomalies, radio and other EM emissions. All of which can be detected & tracked by onboard equipment on the P-8I.

> It would need to come up for air from time to time. Crashed planes don't do that to the best of my knowledge. I suppose you will now jump up & down about AIP. So let me explain that while it does extend the amount of time you can stay underwater, it is still a finite amount of energy, and while using which your speed cannot usually exceed 4-6 knots...meaning you can't chase ships anymore, and cannot get out of sight of MPAs fast enough.

Unless....you seat your submarine on the sea floor. All equipment off and the super-mutant crew maintaining pin-drop silence and able to survive without oxygen for days & days. Then, it would be almost equally difficult to detect as a crashed plane (I said almost because that much hulk of metal still produces a distinctive magnetic signature). But it wouldn't matter in this case because at that point you would have become totally combat-ineffective.

As good as sunk.

So in short, it would be the PN SSK that you should be wishing your good luck on. It will seriously need it.

When i read the username paksanity i got worried. Then he said submarine hunting is the same as hunting for disintegrated debris of a medium plane submerged in kilometers deep water possibly spread over a large area and i felt comforted that not all my assumptions about the world were wrong. So paksanity is like pakcharity, pakpeace, pakantiterrorism etc etc...

P8 US Navy:

airmissile-png.321216

The four aircraft will cost $1.1 billion. The first aircraft will be delivered in 50 months.

Indian Navy was the first to operate the aircraft outside the US.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom