What's new

Brazil sells 9 Mirage2000 for $425000

A few months ago a friend of mine saw 2014 BMW X5 5.0 with the 4.4 Liter Twin Turbo engine for sale at $9000.00. It has about 90,000 miles on it. The SUV looked great. After he had a mechanic run the diagnostic on it, the estimated repair came at over $10,000. It would be way more if the local BMW dealer does the work.

Fighter jets require serious maintenance as they are mission critical. My point is cheap is not always cheap. The Brazilians were happy to get rid of it
German cars, dont touch them with a pole - you will pay multiple times the price of the car in maintenance/parts... so much for german engineering

These Mirage 2000s are much more capable than the Egyptian Horus Mirages we are looking to grab.In hindsight we could have also focused on the second hand Mirage 2000 market for enhanced 3rd generation capabilities.:hitwall:

These Mirage 2000s are much more capable than the Egyptian Horus Mirages we are looking to grab.In hindsight we could have also focused on the second hand Mirage 2000 market for enhanced 3rd generation capabilities.:hitwall:
Thing is, MRF isn't certified to maintain the M2000. While i'm sure the AF has looked at replacing the M5 with the 2k, apparently it's not a sustainable option.

Thing is, MRF isn't certified to maintain the M2000. While i'm sure the AF has looked at replacing the M5 with the 2k, apparently it's not a sustainable option.
Mirage 2000 is a completely different beast compared to Mirage III/IV.

Arnold Schwarzenneger should buy them. They would compliment his fleet of Humvees and the german tank he owns.

They probably sold the planes after removing all the hard points.

But still its too cheap.
Yes

When u think is cheap, INS Vikramaditya is free from Russia but the refurbished with 2 revised maitenance fee cost Indian enough money to buy a similar 1and half new carrier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom