What's new

Brazil ignores India, sells arms to Pakistan

We objected to a discriminatory waiver that violated the NSG's own fundamental principle of not supplying technology to the three NPT non-signatories.

We had no issues with the waiver so long as the standards and requirements were equal for all.

There is no comparison between Pakistani objections to the discriminatory NSG waiver and Indian protestations over every single arms sale to Pakistan and Pakistan's attempts to obtain nuclear technology for peaceful use.

India's objections arise from a desire to see itself a regional hegemon and an elitist attitude where 'de-hyphenation' is not about each nation conducting its affairs independently, but of Pakistan being discriminated against and not being allowed to gain anything equivalent to India.

On a smaller scale, India's attitude is that of the newly wealthy Zamindar (land owner) who continuously seeks to keep everyone else around him downtrodden and weak, so that he can continue to be the sole influential figure in his neighborhood.
Don't know why you have to bring in that whole 'hegemon' argument. It IS GOI's Job to deny every possible military advantage that you can seek. They don't need to be hegemons to do that- just be aware of their responsibilities

do you indians seriously use ur brain before commenting or you guys just simply like to make some crackling noice with little sense?

ur bold part is tottaly false. Its india in most most of the cases who introduces new weapons in the reagon and Pak as to fallow to counter it. prime example is the nuclear bomb.
if pak wants any weapon they will get it from other means..
this topic will go off topic so i wont bother replying back to such nonsence so i will refrain from commenting any further..
do u pakistani's use ur brain before commenting its was china which introduced nuclear weapon before india

Don't know why you have to bring in that whole 'hegemon' argument. It IS GOI's Job to deny every possible military advantage that you can seek. They don't need to be hegemons to do that- just be aware of their responsibilities
The GoI is going far beyond 'denying military advantage' when it seeks to lobby NSG nations so that they may pressure China to cancel the Sino-Pak civilian nuclear deal.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

do u pakistani's use ur brain before commenting its was china which introduced nuclear weapon before india

China is not in South Asia, so yes, India was responsible for introducing nuclear weapons into the region.

@agnosticmuslim,

As far as NSG waiver is concerned , if pakistan is so 'honest' about 'fundamentals of NSG' why did is kept trumpeting 'we want a deal like india' if the 'NSG fundamentals ' were the real concern??

If India was wrong... By getting a waiver 'as opposed by pakistan' why does it want to commit the same mistake 'going against NSG fundamentals' ???

No. Its NOT NSG waiver was opposed ONLY because of the known results of the Deal .. Obviously to hinder India's Political Gain and Global Influence.

India has a Great Record of Non Proliferation.. The case is Worst for Pakistan Courtesy Dr. AQ Khan.

As far as Objections of weapons are concerned .. After Facing 4 wars ..initaited by Pakistan and events like Parliament Attack and 26/11 India has to be cautious..

How on earth u expect us to remain silent on weapons which are bound to be used against us ?

Its a political Tactics to keep things settled while minimizing these weapons being used in real war.

India is NOT a landlord but a Super Power... U may adress it the way u like but a US Presiedent has more importance than anyone elses.

And i dont tell u to believe cos Obama said so.. But cos we ...

Are developing at 8 percent GDP despite of recession ..

Have over 280 Billion USD in reserves..

Have the capacity to spend 50 Billion USD per year in defence.

Have the worlds largest Democracy..

Have the worlds Largest outsourced industry..

Have one of the Most developed Space Technology..

And a Million more reasons...

Do u still feel 'a local zameendar' attitude could give us all that ??

60 years ago India and Pakistan started the Journey together...

Why couldnt Pakistan achieve all what india has achieves?

To the extent that both Brazil and India are vying for third-tier power status, I don't think it is in Brazil's long term interest to enable India.

Secondly, the nonsense about Mk-series bombs makes absolutely no sense because the POF and AWC produce such weapons.

Whether the cargo was indeed the MARS missiles remains to be seen.

^^ Xinix, did you post that for laughs?

A single city, Abu Dhabi, has forex reserves of over $1T. Is the city of Abu Dhabi a superpower. By your logic they are 3 times more powerful than you.

The definition of a super power includes global force projection. India is presently not even in a position to fully defend itself in the event of a confrontation with its immediate neighbours. At least two of its immediate neighbours have the ability to completely neutralize its military and economic potential for good. I don't think India, by any definition, is a super power as you claim.

It would be a good exercise for you to look at per capita figures for India. Per capita income, per capita hospital beds, per capita sugar consumption etc. These are far more indicative of India's current state than holding somewhat less than 1/3rd the forex reserves of the city of Abu Dhabi.

The GoI is going far beyond 'denying military advantage' when it seeks to lobby NSG nations so that they may pressure China to cancel the Sino-Pak civilian nuclear deal.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

China is not in South Asia, so yes, India was responsible for introducing nuclear weapons into the region.

1. If Pakistan can appose Indian nuke deal so India have every right to appose your deal .........

2. Yes China is not in south asia but neighbor to India so we need nuke to counter Chinese thread

Sorry, am slightly deviant from the main topic

But Ive seen this thing in many-many forum threads as to Pakistani members labeling...

"India is a cry baby for protesting arms sale to Pakistan... they are so scared..." :blah::blah:

I seriously dont get it! whats the point? Isnt it a simple logical fact... that Why would (and why should) India allow Pakistan to get weapons when it can use its levergae to stop the arms sale... even if it fails few time, whats so wrong in trying to stop the enemy from getting weapons??? And i guess many many times it works!

And they follow the comment with

"Pakistan never interferes with Indian arms purchase!!!... we are such saints...":blah::blah:

Again isnt it simple logical fact that Pakistan doesnt have enough leverage to stop India let along influence anyone from offering India weapons?

:taz:

I think Indians should accept the fact that they aren't super power. On a more elaborate note India isn't a proper regional power as well. India isn't able to dictate it's terms to at least two it's neighbors. It can't attack them and can't force them to act according to it's wishes. India can't dictate the whole world nor it can influence it's neighbors. Yes it is a big economic power but it is too far to be even consider as a major regional power, let alone a global super power.

:)

Last edited:
What is this one can understand if Brazil ignores India if it gives Arms for free. But such is not the case it received $$'s.
So if one goes by this theory many countries sell Arms to India so they all ignore Pakistan ?

WOW this is more then 300 billion Dollor industry. so best of luck !
but one question India have 300 B every year:hitwall:

I think Indians should accept the fact that they aren't super power. On a more elaborate note India isn't a proper regional power as well. India isn't able to dictate it's terms to at least two it's neighbors. It can't attack them and can't force them to act according to it's wishes. India can't dictate the whole world nor it can influence it's neighbors. Yes it is a big economic power but it is too far to be even consider as a major regional power, let alone a global regional power.

:)

The last time i heard, French cancelled PAF Mirage upgrades... That too a deal at very end stages...:sniper::sniper:

Please note that there is no 'offical title' like super power.

India is amongst top 10 militaries, has a strong man force.. strong middle class... Vibrant economy... Leading political status... To an extent that a 'few' may disagree but President Obama and Bush repeatedly addressed India as 'Super Powers' or 'Emerging Powers'

India doesnt Need to DICTATE the neighboours... DONT send Terrorists and Make ur own country prosperous.. India will be more than happy...

We have over a billion people to look after... Have strong influence in the world..leave aside just SA.. Which any way doest have a match..to India in any way.

When the Sun Rises.. It need not shout ...the world sees its sunshine automatically.

The last time i heard, French cancelled PAF Mirage upgrades... That too a deal at very end stages...:sniper::sniper:

Well that cancellation worked in our favor. ;)

If India was behind that cancellation than I must say Thank You to India.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom