What's new

Brazil ignores India, sells arms to Pakistan

I think we have that MAR-1 HARM or we are going to have it. This thing have been discussed many times and we have last time concluded that although the cost is $100 Million for 100 MAR-1, but this will pay back because we will reverse engineered it and but its Anti radiation head on a Pakistani designed missile with much more range than on this MAR-1 and may be on our H-2 & H-4 Stand Off weapons as soon as we get our hands on it.

Brazil Has A very Sma force, How can they produce armsif they got 20-30 jets in total?

yes welll russians and americans are no more only reliable defence producers china has join too of the league of defence exporters

The deal is well under way and deliveries will commence this year. No substance in deal cancellation news at all.

News appeared in January 2010....

ISLAMABAD/RIO De JANEIRO: The supply of 100 automatic Anti Radiant missiles (MAR-1) to Pakistan from Brazil would be started this year.

Defense sources informed Online that Government of Brazil on December 03, 2008 gave approval for the sale of 100 missiles to Pakistan, which can be used in air-to-surface attacks on radar tracking installations. After formal agreement, the supply of such missiles would be started to Pakistan from Brazil this year and would be completed in 2 or 3 years, sources said, adding that, the medium-range missiles is being made by Brazilian firm Mectron.

Sources went on to say that not only missiles would be given to Pakistan but also Brazilian authorities would impart training and other facilities to Pakistani authorities in this respect.

MAR-I having 25 to 30 kilometer range is anti-radiant missile and can be used in air to surface attack on radar tracking installations of enemy.

The Pakistan’s defense authorities were of the view that the defense capability of Pakistan would be increased after taking 100 missiles from Brazil.

Pakistan would also enter in ranks of those countries having names in defense technology because Brazilian firm would also impart training facility to country’s respective authorities in order to give missile technology to Pakistan, they said.

Also...........

1217jx3.png

1 USD = 1.778 Br Real; so the deal is worth about USD $45M for 100 missiles at $450,000 per missile. That is roughly the cost of AIM 120C variants. This shows that Pakistan is able to spend top dollar to get good missiles. If this deal went through, I would certainly see this as a major pain point for India, especially with technology transfer, as Pakistan would be able to make many more missiles.

The deal is well under way and deliveries will commence this year. No substance in deal cancellation news at all.

News appeared in January 2010....

ISLAMABAD/RIO De JANEIRO: The supply of 100 automatic Anti Radiant missiles (MAR-1) to Pakistan from Brazil would be started this year.

Defense sources informed Online that Government of Brazil on December 03, 2008 gave approval for the sale of 100 missiles to Pakistan, which can be used in air-to-surface attacks on radar tracking installations. After formal agreement, the supply of such missiles would be started to Pakistan from Brazil this year and would be completed in 2 or 3 years, sources said, adding that, the medium-range missiles is being made by Brazilian firm Mectron.

Sources went on to say that not only missiles would be given to Pakistan but also Brazilian authorities would impart training and other facilities to Pakistani authorities in this respect.

MAR-I having 25 to 30 kilometer range is anti-radiant missile and can be used in air to surface attack on radar tracking installations of enemy.

The Pakistan’s defense authorities were of the view that the defense capability of Pakistan would be increased after taking 100 missiles from Brazil.

Pakistan would also enter in ranks of those countries having names in defense technology because Brazilian firm would also impart training facility to country’s respective authorities in order to give missile technology to Pakistan, they said.

Also...........

1217jx3.png

I think when you said "We" in your comment above you actually meant Chinese. Isn't it? WS-13, AFAIK, is a copy of RD93 produced by China. Let me know if Pakistan was part of the project too. if not then I will safely assume you what you wanted to comment was

"Chinese knew russians would do something like that and Chinese already started to work on the backup."

correct me if i am wrong.

Take it that way if it satisfies you. Thank you.

:)

the US also willing to supply the AGM-88 HARM to Pakistan

the US also willing to supply the AGM-88 HARM to Pakistan

Well why is PAF waiting for, they should have gone for it right when ordered Blk 52s, if it was on table then.

100 of these would be another boost.

100 AGM-88 HARMs
100 MAR-1s
and Chinese ones should have been checked out too.

Diversified portfolio.

Well why is PAF waiting for, they should have gone for it right when ordered Blk 52s, if it was on table then.

100 of these would be another boost.

100 AGM-88 HARMs
100 MAR-1s
and Chinese ones should have been checked out too.

Diversified portfolio.

And 500 AIM-120. That would be a perfect package. PAF shouldn't waste time now.
:yahoo:

I think we have that MAR-1 HARM or we are going to have it. This thing have been discussed many times and we have last time concluded that although the cost is $100 Million for 100 MAR-1, but this will pay back because we will reverse engineered it and but its Anti radiation head on a Pakistani designed missile with much more range than on this MAR-1 and may be on our H-2 & H-4 Stand Off weapons as soon as we get our hands on it.

I think it is not HARM (High Spead Anti Radiation Missile).As per my understanding, different ARMs use different tactics like different hunters....but the objective is the same...to kill the radar before it goes off and you lose your signiture...HARM uses high speed to kill the radar before it turns off...ALARM can loiter and wait for it to turn on again...MAR uses stealth and passive homing to do the same...so it all different ball games

There is a huge defence corporation potential between Brazil and Pakistan. Brazil has one of the leading commercial airplane industry with their successful regional plane called embraer. It is flown in US by all the airlines with great safety records...

i am sure we will see a lot more soon.

Back
Top Bottom