What's new

Bravery Beyond comparison-Hony Capt Bana Singh

Yes, the terrain is hostile beyond description.

The feet turn into lead and it takes a herculean effort to put one foot beyond another.

What one can vouch for is the veracity of the citation.

Indeed. As I said, there's a citation and there are rewards so there's no denying that it happened. The exact details may be subject to debate but the operation did take place and must have been successful.

@Xeric @Icarus @notorious_eagle - Your comments to validate or invalidate the story ? :unsure:
Bollywood masla, nothing else.

i wonder how conveniently these guys would miss the facts. Quaid OP, now Bana Post indeed was taken by the indians, but that's not how it went. Just to put it in the shortest possible words as i have a headache; Quaid Op was attacked 3 times by a brigade strength. The post was held by approximately 10-15 Pakistani soldiers, being commanded by a JCO. After the third attack when the indians finally decided to leave it as a bad job, they intercepted the wireless transmission from the JCO to his HQ asking for reinforcements. This what he said after he had blunted a brigade size attack for many hours: 'Left with a grenade, a belt of MG ammo, a wounded soldier and myself with a wounded leg. Send in ammo ASP. The indians might resume attack soon.'

The interception was picked up by our Shikari Detachments too.

On hearing this, the indian commander took a wise decision and hurled back his retreating troops again for another attack. Because of severe bad weather we couldnt heli-drop the ammo or the reinforcement. A party of ten men were latter also dropped to reinforce the OP, but they were dropped on a ridge towards rear of the actual Qaid OP. Those men also never returned. Thus, the JCO stood his ground as they say, last man, last bullet, but eventually the indians captured the post.

And before, any of you tries to troll me, i must tell you that i have been to the area. Rather, the second kill of my military service was 2 x indian soldiers on Bana OP through artillery fire. i might also have some pics, would try to find them and post.

Can't really say, we've got citations and rewards so obviously it happened, however I think it is written a bit too dramatically, the literary prowess takes the focus away from the operation itself. The part about a vertical climb during snow, I will contest because any one who has served in Siachen will know that when nature's dumping snow (because that's literally what happens there, feet upon feet of snow is dumped unto you) it's impossible to walk much rather climb a mountain, a cliff face as being claimed being further difficult. The visibility drops to the point that you could hit yourself square in the face and never see your hand and if you're climbing, the foot holes are covered by loose snow so you have no idea where to step and even when you do step, you have a hard time balancing out because the snow is crushed against buried features and old ice to a new shape which twists the foot in a random direction.
Yaar, Qiad OP is indeed a rock face. The indians still do something similar to rock climbing to the reach Bana OP, even today. i have seen them climbing, unfortunate for them, an air-burst target round made two of them go for a free fall when it exploded right on their heads.

And before, any of you tries to troll me, i must tell you that i have been to the area. Rather, the second kill of my military service was 2 x indian soldiers on Bana OP through artillery fire. i might also have some pics, would try to find them and post.
Oh **** :o::o::o:

@Ravi Nair @Ayush :lol:

Bollywood masla, nothing else.

i wonder how conveniently these guys would miss the facts. Quaid OP, now Bana Post indeed was taken by the indians, but that's not how it went. Just to put it in the shortest possible words as i have a headache; Quaid Op was attacked 3 times by a brigade strength. The post was held by approximately 10-15 Pakistani soldiers, being commanded by a JCO. After the third attack when the indians finally decided to leave it as a bad job, they intercepted the wireless transmission from the JCO to his HQ asking for reinforcements. This what he said after he had blunted a brigade size attack for many hours: 'Left with a grenade, a belt of MG ammo, a wounded soldier and myself with a wounded leg. Send in ammo ASP. The indians might resume attack soon.'

The interception was picked up by our Shikari Detachments too.

On hearing this, the indian commander took a wise decision and hurled back his retreating troops again for another attack. Because of severe bad weather we couldnt heli-drop the ammo or the reinforcement. A party of ten men were latter also dropped to reinforce the OP, but they were dropped on a ridge towards rear of the actual Qaid OP. Those men also never returned. Thus, the JCO stood his ground as they say, last man, last bullet, but eventually the indians captured the post.

do post the pics.

@Xeric i m not sure even if that is authentic But some how in late 2000s i got a book naming Defence Of pakistan The Book was in urdu it had a story of 2 soldiers dont remember their ranks either it was kargil or saichen Both of them were tied with skids of Helicopter and then they were dropped at the peak of some mountain

Back
Top Bottom