What's new

Bravery award for Manipuri officer

I beg to differ; Fijians also serve in the British Army as Fijian citizens.

I beg to differ; Fijians also serve in the British Army as Fijian citizens.

Ok, maybe they have that arrangement too. But your blanket statement that all commonwealth citizens can join the BA is wrong. Indians certainly cant, and I don't think Australian or Canadian or Pakistanis do either.

Ok, maybe they have that arrangement too. But your blanket statement that all commonwealth citizens can join the BA is wrong. Indians certainly cant, and I don't think Australian or Canadian or Pakistanis do either.

Since you have set yourself up as the resident authority on laws of the UK, this will burst your bubble.
Look up the link below.

army.mod.uk/UOTC/7209.aspx

"Nationality

You must be a British or Commonwealth Citizen, or an Irish National."
The above is an extract from the army's website.

Further, an Indian national who is defined as a resident of the UK may stand for parliament, vote in elections and be appointed as a judge.

India has a constitution and the laws, rules and regulations define who may be permitted to be a member of the armed services.

The UK has a series of Acts of Parliament promulgating the laws of the land. It does NOT have a constitution.

Incidentally, not only can Canadians and Australians join up but also US citizens.
Now lets put this to rest as your disinformation has been clearly shown up for what it is.

yes PIOs are not indians OFFICIALLY..but they are treated on par.this is not the first time we're fecilitating a PIO even p.M s of certain countries are PIO s...its just an attempt to remind them of their roots..here for eg..Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PIOs are not Indians Officially or Unofficially. They are not at par with NRIs or RICs (Resident Indian Citizens). The PIO card allows them visa-free entry into India and some other sops.
But they cannot vote, they cannot be elected, they cannot join govt service. Even to join private service; they need to inform the local authorities; a small formality but still necessary. They can apply for and get Indian Citizenship easier than most applicants for naturalisation.

PIOs are not Indians Officially or Unofficially. They are not at par with NRIs or RICs (Resident Indian Citizens). The PIO card allows them visa-free entry into India and some other sops.
But they cannot vote, they cannot be elected, they cannot join govt service. Even to join private service; they need to inform the local authorities; a small formality but still necessary. They can apply for and get Indian Citizenship easier than most applicants for naturalisation.

Whats a PIO?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom