What's new

BrahMos test-flown from Su-30 MKI fighter jet; world will envy IAF, says BrahMos Aerospace MD

ChiefAssasin

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
With today’s successful flight, the BrahMos air version programme now inches closer towards actual test firing, when a 2.5-ton Brahmos air-to-ground missile will be fired from the Sukhoi-30 in the coming months.

Integration of BrahMos supersonic missile system on Su-30 MKI will make the world envy Indian Air Force (IAF), says BrahMos Aerospace CEO & MD Sudhir Kumar Mishra. Brahmos, the world’s “most formidable” supersonic cruise missile system was today successfully integrated and test-flown with IAF’s Su-30MKI frontline strike fighter.

Speaking to FE Online after the test flight, Mishra said, “This is the most important step in the direction to giving the IAF incredible offensive capability on its frontline fighter aircraft.” “Dr Kalam always asked why India should be the fourth or fifth country to adapt or make a defence technology. But with the integration and test-flight of this supersonic missile system on Su-30 MKI, we have become the first in the world to have such a capability,” he said.

Mishra added that no country in the world has a missile system, the likes of BrahMos, integrated on its frontline fighter jets.

With today’s successful flight, the BrahMos air version programme now inches closer towards actual test firing, when a 2.5-ton Brahmos air-to-ground missile will be fired from the Sukhoi-30 in the coming months.

Asked about when the missile system will be test-fired from the Su-30 MKI, Mishra expressed confidence that the test will take place in 2016 itself. “By the end of this year, IAF will be able to proudly say that it has the BrahMos firepower,” he said. “A single test-fire from the aircraft will be enough. BrahMos has demonstrated its capability multiple times and once it is test-fired from the IAF jet once, it will be ready for integration on all other Su-30s immediately,” he added.

“The powerful missile will enable the IAF penetrate deep inside the enemy territory to deliver a deadly blow to their vital installations from stand-off ranges. The integration brings a paradigm shift in the capability of the IAF vis-à-vis its adversaries,” says BrahMos Aerospace.

The Su-30-BrahMos combination will carry out air combat operations within and beyond visibility range and will provide the IAF with the capability of attacking targets protected by powerful air defence assets, it says.

“Today’s flight trial has been keenly observed by several other nations in the world in possession of the Su-30 strike fighter who are looking towards acquiring a lethal weapon system for the Russian-made warplanes,” it adds.

They were giving Tarik pe tarik since 2013. Finally it is very nice that it flew on MKI. Great news . This is a great combo of world's one of the most fearsome fighter with world's best cruise missile.

They were giving Tarik pe tarik since 2013. Finally it is very nice that it flew on MKI. Great news . This is a great combo of world's one of the most fearsome fighter with world's best cruise missile.
It's not easy to pack a 2.5 tonne missile on a plane that was not designed to carry it.

I'd be interested to know if the P8i will be able to carry two of these?

I'd still take the Super Bug with LRASM

getasset.aspx

Lrasm is still being tested and is subsonic. Easy to shoot down.

subsonic doesn't mean it's easy to shoot down :what:

subsonic is stealthy and LRASM has stealth built into it.

I have a feeling U.S has the tech to see supersonic missiles, and that's why we never went for one ourselves.

I have a feeling U.S has the tech to see supersonic missiles, and that's why we never went for one ourselves.

Meh. Subsonic is subsonic. However stealthy it will be picked up 20 km out by a good destroyer. Giving it a minute to shoot down. And yea I know it has jammers but CIWS don't care as they are just lead.

Meh. Subsonic is subsonic. However stealthy it will be picked up 20 km out by a good destroyer. Giving it a minute to shoot down. And yea I know it has jammers but CIWS don't care as they are just lead.

NATO has had to deal with the threat of USSR supersonic ASM since the 60's this is nothing new

LRASM with it's long range,huge warhead, and advance sensors is more of a threat than any supersonic ASM..

NATO has had to deal with the threat of USSR supersonic ASM since the 60's this is nothing new

LRASM with it's long range,huge warhead, and advance sensors is more of a threat than any supersonic ASM..
Lol OK..

don't get me wrong Brahmos is one sexy deadly beast, but LRASM is another category of bad *** in my opinion

the B-1B Lancer can carry 24 of these, and if the range is 500 to 900KM as is speculated and can operate in a total GPS/ESM denial environment and locate the enemy by it's self is huuuuuuge.

don't get me wrong Brahmos is one sexy deadly beast, but LRASM is another category of bad *** in my opinion

the B-1B Lancer can carry 24 of these, and if the range is 500 to 900KM as is speculated and can operate in a total GPS/ESM denial environment and locate the enemy by it's self is huuuuuuge.
if IAF id really going for a second MRCA and a american one im sure we might get LRASM maybe with a bit lesser range

Do you know that the LRASM program was initially divided into LRASM-A and LRASM-B? A is what you see today. B was supposed to be a short-medium range Brahmos class missile.

B was canceled because the technology was not feasible while being very expensive.

The US doesn't have a Brahmos class missile, and that's not because of choice. In fact, the US attempted to buy Russian KH-31. The sale was supposed to happen but the Russians canceled in the last minute. They realized the US doesn't have the technology so it was pointless to sell it to them.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom