What's new

BrahMos-equipped Su-30MKIs hit bull’s eye as Gaganshakti-2018 concludes

But Tejas suffered technical difficulties/problems during the exercise.

First you need to understand that we are not a nation driven by emotions (like Pakistan) ,we have proven policies for handling a situation and any nation
China is a regional rival as well a economic partner, there is actually huge potential in the business relationship of India and China, each nation is trying to reap benefits from each other
There's are also lots of disputes between these two countries ,and China has a long list of rivals it doesn't want India to join them
And similarly India doesn't want China to join Pakistan in case a war breaks out
You have to understand there are no friends or foes just national interests
As I said before two front war is a worst case scenario and highly unlikely
China never actually helped pakisPak in any war be it 65 or 71
The didn't even moved a few divisions towards the Indian borders,they just issued threats in 65 war

You have already bombed your economy back to stone age, by involving in useless wars and being the puppet of superpowers

If you guys are not driven by emtions than why this bollywood drama of two front war day in day out by your army chief and air cheif?

I agree these are all national interests, China is using Pakistan against India and we know this and our war with India is going to be ours and a smaller Pakistan needs whatever resources to fight against you but when your generals pull this BS of flattening Pakistan in two days and than move assets towards china, i just want to ask you what do think the chinese will do in those two days? Eat popcorn and wait for you to attack them? What if the Chinese attack first and you dont get the chance to flatten Pakistan or your airforce fails to flatten Pakistan in two days?or while your busy flattening Pakistan the chinese come in a flatten you out. I think these are the worst case scenarios for operation gagan shakti,which you guys have failed to address and than non-coherent rant about hindi- chini bhai bhai.

Regarding the bombing to vedic ages you know it was sarcastic remark because that indian monkey just came out of the closet so i had to shut him up.

Why are indian forummers always boasting about this de facto russian-supplied missle that they(russians) have even repeatedly refuse to induct it themselves?

Just face it, india is just a naive n guilable sucker for some old, warehouse clearance stock.

Last edited:
If you guys are not driven by emtions than why this bollywood drama of two front war day in day out by your army chief and air cheif?

I agree these are all national interests, China is using Pakistan against India and we know this and our war with India is going to be ours and a smaller Pakistan needs whatever resources to fight against you but when your generals pull this BS of flattening Pakistan in two days and than move assets towards china, i just want to ask you what do think the chinese will do in those two days? Eat popcorn and wait for you to attack them? What if the Chinese attack first and you dont get the chance to flatten Pakistan or your airforce fails to flatten Pakistan in two days?or while your busy flattening Pakistan the chinese come in a flatten you out. I think these are the worst case scenarios for operation gagan shakti,which you guys have failed to address and than non-coherent rant about hindi- chini bhai bhai.

Regarding the bombing to vedic ages you know it was sarcastic remark because that indian monkey just came out of the closet so i had to shut him up.
First you need to stop watching Bollywood movies and serials (it can screw with your mind)
:p:
Truth is whatever war scenario iaf is preparing itself for we may never know in detail we can only assume ,
You should know china has a very few airbases in Tibet and close to the border of India , the Chinese lack military infrastructure on the border ,
China has numerical superiority in artillery and tanks but these numbers will hardly come into play,no large mechanised formations can cross himalayas ,so the war with China will basically be infantry and Airforce
We will enjoy numerical superiority for a few weeks in war,as for China they can't hit us with enough power in first few weeks,despite them having 3 times the number of fighters, they have only a few airbases in taklamakan and the entire Tibetan plateau ,they have to use commercial airports to achieve balance , whereas our bases are evenly spread
Chinese SAM units and ballistic missile unite have the same situation
So you see we can concentrate on Pakistani Airforce for a few days while keeping defensive posture on the east
This exercise may or may not have these these objectives to flatten Pakistan ,but this exercise has the objective to determine the weak points in the iaf and also to determine the operational readiness
I personally don't think China will get involved in a Indo Pak war ,it will however supply you with any weapon system you might need

But Tejas suffered technical difficulties/problems during the exercise.
Yes you are right about this ,but Airforce just after the exercise has asked government to boost its production ,

Wrong calculation. Half the weight is fuel which will be mostly consumed when missile reaches target.
Good point buddy

Wrong calculation. Half the weight is fuel which will be mostly consumed when missile reaches target.
May be,that's why I have used the word provided 3000kg at the time of impact, still if its weight reduced to half means it's impact energy will reduced to only half, which will be 2.14 tonnes TNT equivalent for brahmos. Still much higher than tomahawk with full fuel.
Kinetic energy is directly proportional to mass of the moving body,and directly propotion to square of its velocity
First you need to stop watching Bollywood movies and serials (it can screw with your mind)
Truth is whatever war scenario iaf is preparing itself for we may never know in detail we can only assume ,
You should know china has a very few airbases in Tibet and close to the border of India , the Chinese lack military infrastructure on the border ,
China has numerical superiority in artillery and tanks but these numbers will hardly come into play,no large mechanised formations can cross himalayas ,so the war with China will basically be infantry and Airforce
We will enjoy numerical superiority for a few weeks in war,as for China they can't hit us with enough power in first few weeks,despite them having 3 times the number of fighters, they have only a few airbases in taklamakan and the entire Tibetan plateau ,they have to use commercial airports to achieve balance , whereas our bases are evenly spread
So you see we can concentrate on Pakistani Airforce for a few days while keeping defensive posture on the east
This exercise may or may not have these these objectives to flatten Pakistan ,but this exercise has the objective to determine the weak points in the iaf and also to determine the operational readiness
I personally don't think China will get involved in a Indo Pak war ,it will however supply you with any weapon system you might need

Yes you are right about this ,but Airforce just after the exercise has asked government to boost its production ,

Good point buddy

Let's do math, brahmos will be travelling with Mach 2.8 or 3457km per sec,let's take it's weight 3000kg for calculation asper quoted in many sources.
For comparison we will take tomahawk missile since often there is a tendency to compare both by both sides,though I think tomahawk is a missile of its league.
Tomahawk speed will be 840km with 1300kg.
The kinetic energy of Brahmos will be
Eb= 0.5*3000*3457*3457 J

=17926273500 J= 4.28 tonnes of TNT equivalent.
Now let's calculate for tomahawk
Et=0.5*1300*840*840.
=458640000 J= 0.11 tonnes of TNT eqiequival.

So in reality the impact energy for Brahmins is 4.28 tonnes of TNT where as tomahawk is only having mere 0.11 tonnes of TNT.
Which means brahmos impact energy will be roughly 39 times higher than that of tomahawk, provided impact mass of tomahawk and brahmos has to be 1300kg and 3000kg respectively.
Nice try but you made an error.
Mach 3 is 1020.87 m/s not 3457 km /s

Oops my bad. Made a mistake... But facts won't change when we compared with tomahawk.
But i like when people write comments with hard facts and calculations. Keep it up.

Dont worry i dont watch bollywood crap!! I can understand how it has messed up your generals mind who think they can win a two front war.

I also think China wont be involved in Indo-Pak war but they will provide us with weapons and logistics to fight you indians. If all is lost for us than we are definately going to take you down- ( you know what im talking about) and im sure the Chinese will love that.

Operation Gagan shakti will definately engage the pakistani side but im sure indians will take casualties which later on chinese can easily finish off. We have the capability to weaken your assets both indians and Chinese know that.

If the Chinese want to attack you first than I personally think we will provide chinese with our military bases to China and who knows might even join China to finish you off (afterall you are our enemy and i dont think Pakistan should lose this chance) and honestly you might win a war against pakistan but with China you dont stand a chance at all and a two front war.. forget it.

Last edited:
u.s and russia working on hypersonic cruise missiles that can destroy ships.supersonic missile can be intercepted

well i wasnt being sarcastic.
Presenting a calculation in a comment is far better than the usual chest thumping and jingoism.
WRONG. Jingoism is key to discussing everything here on PDF. Enough jingoism when coupled with an unwillingness to hear the other side out and a touch of blind hatred- will win all arguments by making your adversary forfeit.
Clearly you are an amateur.

There absolutely are. Destroyers are equipped with LR SAMs and/or MR SAMs, both of which are capable of sea-skimming intercept and can work either in conjunction or as a layered system.
The issue is not sea skimming, it is less reaction time. Currently only SM-6 kind of missiles can intercept Brahmos. Why? SM-6 has a range of 400+KM and a speed of 3.5 Mach. Not to mention high maneuverability. Too bad only US has it.
If the AShM manages to survive those layers, it would have to contend with Chinese/Pakistani IR-guided Sea-RAM equivalents like the FL-3000N or HHQ-10, all the while being subjected to electronic interference and decoy countermeasures.
Not useful. Why? Because likes of FL3000N are short ranged weapons and have a range of 6 KM against a supersonic missile. At mach 3, the missile is moving at 1 KM per second. There is not enough time for this weapon system to dispense enough missile and guide them to secure an intercept.
If the AShM still manages to survive that, it would face several CIWS systems like the Type 730 (deployed by Pakistan as well) and the Type 1130, the latter of which has been tested against Mach 4 class missiles.
Again CIWS is useless against a target like Brahmos. Why? Very low effective range. Less than 4 KM. At this range brahmos will be executing the S maneuver, so it will be impossible for these systems to hit it. Also at this range, these systems have less than 3 seconds to intercept. And even if they hit, the debris and explosion from the missile will severely damage the ship because it will be so damn close.

Last edited:
The issue is not sea skimming, it is less reaction time. Currently only SM-6 kind of missiles can intercept Brahmos. Why? SM-6 has a range of 400+KM and a speed of 3.5 Mach. Not to mention high maneuverability. Too bad only US has it.

You do realize that the range of the missile depends on flight profile, right? Having a 400+ km slant range doesn't mean it will engage these missiles at 400+ km. Any vessel with VLS SAM capability would theoretically have the capability to track incoming supersonic AShMs and launch multiple SAMs in very quick succession.

Not useful. Why? Because likes of FL3000N are short ranged weapons and have a range of 6 KM against a supersonic missile. At mach 3, the missile is moving at 1 KM per second. There is not enough time for this weapon system to dispense enough missile and guide them to secure an intercept.

You clearly missed the part about the layered defense system. The FL-3000N, HHQ-10, and Type 1130/730 are the last line of defense within the entire missile defense complex. Furthermore, have you done calculations to explain your claim that these defenses wouldn't be able to engage a Mach 3 missile?

Again CIWS is useless against a target like Brahmos. Why? Very low effective range. Less than 4 KM. At this range brahmos will be executing the S maneuver, so it will be impossible for these systems to hit it. Also at this range, these systems have less than 3 seconds to intercept. And even if they hit, the debris and explosion from the missile will severely damage the ship because it will be so damn close.

None of these claims are valid without either a calculation (involving the max firing rate/salvo of the CIWS and Sea-RAM systems, muzzle velocity of the CIWS, velocity of the Sea-RAM, and the yet-classified tracking capabilities of their FCRs) or the documented result of live-fire trials of these systems. Saying that "X" can't do that or "Y" can't hit that is meaningless.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom