What's new

BrahMos Cruise Missile Not Bound By MTCR, Range Can Be Extended Beyond 300

firstly if some idiot believes that agni 5 has 8000 km range so than he is more capable than the ones in drdo and should tell the govt. of india about the range of agni 5
and secondly russian intelligence chief has also stated that agni 5 does not have that range and isnt icbm reasons for that

nothing more to say now, I think you already got your answer.

augmented ramjet propulsion system.

Thats something even US hasnt mastered yet and they were the inventors of this 'after burner rocket'.
Plus it cant be done with the current design....the design has to be changed completely if solid fuel has to burn alongside conventional fuel in a ramjet arrangement....

Well the range of bhramos right now in Bhramos I cannot be increased but can be increased in future variants.

Bhramos is a cruise missile which uses a RAMJET engine so there is no 'Advanced' propellants that can increase the range of Bhramos I.

Easy. They are gonna make Brahmos II with scramjet engine. Very limited fuel will be needed for phase one of the flight only (pre-scram). MTCR is applicable to states that uncle SAM doesn't like. That's it.

From where they will add fuel for extended range?
The missile is already humongous at its current range...

Btw, I don't have faith in any international treaty that bans research / production of defense equipment and fissile material. Such treaties are there to control sissy states.

and if brahmos is that great why is not russia inducting it

Who said Russia is not inducting it ??

and if he would have sad that agni 5 has 4000 km range you would have believed him

No , I never said I believe that expert , did I .
I was only pointing it to you that the idiot who you mentioned was a chinese.

Who said Russia is not inducting it ??

No , I never said I believe that expert , did I .
I was only pointing it to you that the idiot who you mentioned was a chinese.

now signs of induction yet and if inducted it will be only in navy

Ofcourse Russia is inducting it, but in numbers that are less than India's. This is because most of Russia's budget goes into upkeep of and replenishment of existing defence systems, while India has devoted much of the budget in building up it's systems so it can buy more...........
Also Russia being so large and a little isolated from it's primary adversaries, it gives much more importance to distance and power rather than speed..............Even during cold war Russians had the longest range missiles, cause of their lack of reach all over the world that USA had with their "Empire of Bases"

now signs of induction yet and if inducted it will be only in navy

So ....... Atleast Russia is inducting Brahmos .

We know about some other JV where even after doing the entire work their own forces rejecting the product .

Can you guys explain how exactly BrahMos Aersospace is planning to increase the range of BrahMos?? I get the flight profile thing, but is there anything else? Any other physical additio

The current fuel load of the missile is enough to enable it to do 600kms, but the liquid ramjet that Russians provide us for brahmos stop working precisely at 300kms.and that is because of Russia's obligation to MTCR. India can increase the range of brahmos only when India buys the intellectual property rights of Russia's liquid ramjet or reverse engineer their engine to produce an indigenous version.since our govt doesn't prefer the latter, the first one is something that they've gone ahead with

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom