What's new

BRAHMOS attracts high-level delegates at IDEX 2011

No its a AShM

There are many supersonic AShms.

YJ 12
SS 22

Do not underestimate the Harpoon simply because it is subsonic. It has very advanced pop maneuvers along with multiple axis of attacks. Things the Brahmos lacks.

That the reason we r also developing Nirbhay sub sonic long range(1000Km) which have some great manuvear and stealth..
And i think we have Harpoon Block III the latest one..

Hi tanlixiang28776 stop asking stupid question.

Countries instrested in Brahmos :

Saudi Arabia
UAE
South Africa
Indonesia
Malayasia
Taiwan
South Korea
Brazil
Chile
Many undisclosed countries.

img_307.gif

Each missile system costs nearly Rs 100 million ($2 million)

I hope we soon develop long range Brahmos. There are some rumors about Brahmos-ex (the extended version of Brahmos). Is it true ??/

there were reports of India trying to make extended range Brahmos indigenously, without Russia. It might name it seperately. ( this is another project and not the one with russia).

read this :Australia By The Indian Ocean: BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile - for Indonesia?

"The laboratory testing of the missile has started. Another, longer ranged variant is also being considered [presumably by India?], although joint development would not be possible, since Russia is a signatory to the MTCR."

Besides the high costs that will keep away many countries from procuring it, I think we should have some restrictions to selling it as well. Providing Gulf countries with such weapons is a difficult point imo, especially with their relations to Pakistani forces. Not to mention that it would make our relations to Iran more difficult as well and the same can be said, if we sell them to Indonesia, or Malayasia, which would be a problem for Singapore and Australia.

Brahmos is a powerful and deadly weapon, so exports decisions should be taken wisely and not only for economic reasons!

No its a AShM

There are many supersonic AShms.

YJ 12
SS 22

Do not underestimate the Harpoon simply because it is subsonic. It has very advanced pop maneuvers along with multiple axis of attacks. Things the Brahmos lacks.
They are the best and thats why many countries are using them. India is also purchasing Harpoons. But stop second guessing Brahmos, just read about it before talking about it. Brahmos is actually a cruise missile used in many roles including anti-ship. Try to accept achievements of your neighbor. We always admire you, you should also try sometimes.

Besides the high costs that will keep away many countries from procuring it, I think we should have some restrictions to selling it as well. Providing Gulf countries with such weapons is a difficult point imo, especially with their relations to Pakistani forces. Not to mention that it would make our relations to Iran more difficult as well and the same can be said, if we sell them to Indonesia, or Malayasia, which would be a problem for Singapore and Australia.
Yeah, i agree...not to sell weapon to conflict areas, if both sides a decent relation with us.

Brahmos is a powerful and deadly weapon, so exports decisions should be taken wisely and not only for economic reasons!

Everyone has some or the other rival. Does not mean that we don't start doing business. Singapore has no enmity with either Malaysia or Indonesia. The reason why they are so heavily armed with latest weapons is because of the worry that political turmoil in Malaysia or Indonesia such as coming of extremist dictators, communists etc would be a problem for them. They are not enemies. I have been to Singapore a few times and they are perhaps the only country without enemies in Asia. About Australia, I dunno.

I think the Brahmos is very hard to export because of its joint venture nature with Russia. A Brahmos sold mean a split 50% of profit between India and Russia. Russia will probably veto any sale of Brahmos. On the other hand, customers who want the "Brahmos" can go straight to Russia for the Yakhont; which is the orignal "Brahmos" and Russian can keep 100% of the profit. The latest news is that Indonesia is going to equip 16 of its warships with the Yakhont and for Vietnam, we already possess the Yakhont as well:smokin:

@ rockstar
The list you posted, are these missiles cruise missiles ??/ Last i heard Brahmos was the only supersonic cruise missile which was followed by US Tomahawk which was a subsonic cruise with the highest speed 3 times less than Brahmos. This way we also have Shaurya hypersonic missilebut its a different category of missile.

We are now also building long range Nirbhay which is comparable to Tomahawk (subsonic). I hope we soon develop long range Brahmos. There are some rumors about Brahmos-ex (the extended version of Brahmos). Is it true ??/

Well, one can guarantee that the Brahmos can easily strike targets at distances greater than 300kms.Tomahawk weighs only 1440kg and has a range of 2500km a length of 6.28m whereas Brahmos weighs 3000kg and has a length of 8.4m.:victory::tup:

How a about the p 700 granit. That thing was a beast.

That thing was a beast ......ye it waaaaaaaaas but notany more now........

Brahmos guidance system is far accurate than P700 granit or yahont...and we wont rely on granit or yakhot....

And @5Star..... will u also go to yakhont to by Brahmos II hypersonic....?
DO they have any Hypersonic version...?

* Supersonic

* Maneuvarble

* Pinpoint Accuracy

* Comes without any strings..Especially when Russia is also involved

* Supports Multiple platforms

* Basically Antiship which can also used to attack Land based targets..
So not a surprise that many countries are interested in it..It will indeed spreads fear in their enemies :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom