What's new

BRAHMOS attracts high-level delegates at IDEX 2011

Taiwan,singapore,indonesia ,vietnam,malaysia etc etc.. But let them 1st complete indian armed force order book.

What countries need missiles like that?

Here you go

Supersonic
Brahmos

These missiles travel faster than the speed of sound, usually using ramjet engines. The range is typically 100–500 km, but can be greater. Guidance systems vary.

Examples:

* BrahMos Block-I/II India/ Russia
* C-101 China
* C-301 China
* C-803 China supersonic terminal stage only
* C-805 China
* KD-88 China
* P-800 Oniks Soviet Union
* Kh-31 Russia
* 3M-54 Klub Russia supersonic terminal stage only
* Supersonic Low Altitude Missile (SLAM) (not to be confused with the similarly named subsonic *Standoff Land Attack Missile) and SM-64 Navaho were U.S. early-cold-war era projects for strategic long-range cruise missiles. Neither was accepted into service. United States
* ASMP France
* P-500 Bazalt Soviet Union/ Russia
* P-700 Granit Soviet Union/ Russia
* P-270 Moskit Soviet Union/ Russia
* YJ-91 China

Except all the countries which is not belong to the above list..

Those countries don't have that kind of money.

Let those countries decide on what they want.

You dont have to worry about how they finance their purchases.

Dont criticize something just because you have nothing else to do. This is not the only thread in this forum , there are many others, you are free to vent your frustration over there.

but considering the current production capacity.. we cant even think of selling brahmos to outside....

Taiwan makes their own 300 Km mach 2 Hsuing Feng 3

@ rockstar
The list you posted, are these missiles cruise missiles ??/ Last i heard Brahmos was the only supersonic cruise missile which was followed by US Tomahawk which was a subsonic cruise with the highest speed 3 times less than Brahmos. This way we also have Shaurya hypersonic missilebut its a different category of missile.

We are now also building long range Nirbhay which is comparable to Tomahawk (subsonic). I hope we soon develop long range Brahmos. There are some rumors about Brahmos-ex (the extended version of Brahmos). Is it true ??/

@ rockstar
The list you posted, are these missiles cruise missiles ??/ Last i heard Brahmos was the only supersonic cruise missile which was followed by US Tomahawk which was a subsonic cruise with the highest speed 3 times less than Brahmos. This way we also have Shaurya hypersonic missilebut its a different category of missile.

We are now also building long range Nirbhay which is comparable to Tomahawk (subsonic). I hope we soon develop long range Brahmos. There are some rumors about Brahmos-ex (the extended version of Brahmos). Is it true ??/

No its a AShM

There are many supersonic AShms.

YJ 12
SS 22

Do not underestimate the Harpoon simply because it is subsonic. It has very advanced pop maneuvers along with multiple axis of attacks. Things the Brahmos lacks.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom