What's new

Bose, Not Gandhi, Ended British Rule In India: Ambedkar

Well one thing is for sure that you ain't a Bengali!Plus after going through all your posts i can safely assume that you aren't even a Marathi because Marathis are extremely proud of their contribution to the I.N.M. and admire freedom fighters like Netaji for being brave and courageous.Well i have doubt about you being a Sikh Punjabi/Arya Punjabi because Punjabis won't blindly follow the propaganda of the Gandhian dynasty.
These three races contributed the most to the Indian Freedom struggle.

Dude,it doesn't matter what ethnic group he belongs to.Even if he were to be a Bengali,that would not make an iota of difference.Traitors are in every race,it has been like that since the very inception and it is gonna be as such till the kingdom comes.A traitor is a fucking traitor.
But personally,I don't think he belongs to any of the three ethnicity you mentioned.

I give the British voters credit. They voted out their war leader Churchill out for the Labor Party who were in favor of giving India independence.
There were a lot of events and factors which led to Indian independence, over a very long period of time. It was an arduous, step by step process in which many parties and individuals played important roles at specific times.
If Indian independence would have been the result of British empire being kicked out by the actions of one individual (like some idiots so desperately want to believe), then rest assured, India would have fragmented along religious and ethnic lines and resulted in formation of numerous small states, with constant bickering and fights among themselves. Just look at the racially motivated stupid, blatant bong nationalism being displayed above. Throw into the mix the Kannada nationalism, Telgu nationalism, the Tamil nationalism, the Maratha nationalism, the Pathans, the Punjabis, the Gujjus, Kashmiris, north east states etc and the recipe was ripe for a clusterfvck, more complex and intertwined than the crises in the middle east.

What 'lot more' contributions do you speak of? Can you elaborate?
Well atleast Netaji didnot make a blunder like Quit India, which ended up disturbing the entire country. With lack of co-ordination among the leaders, no support from other political parties, improper planning the movement was bound to fail. Add to it that the majority of the Congress leaders were put behind the bars before the movement.

British were bound to leave India. It would have happened much earlier had it not been for the war in Europe. Colonialism was losing its flavor the world over, being replaced with the riches being brought about by capitalism and open markets. What was the point of investing into resources to physically hold onto colonies, when capitalism would bring in much more richer dividends ? We were already governing ourselves with provincial elections, political parties, creating our own laws etc...we had our own police forces, civic structure/bodies, court system etc.
Ofcourse!
Britishers had realised that India had become ungovernable.
At this point I would also like to mention the Royal Navy of India's mutiny of 1946 and its contribution. That was another major event that brought an end to britisher's rule.

Lol,Bengalis were in the forefront of the national struggle against the British empire unlike your race who were nothing but little pu$$ies in front of the Brits.Our ancestors fought relentlessly against the Brits and millions sacrificed their lives for India's independence.Heck,we made the lives of the brit officials a living hell and hence they were forced to transfer their capital from Kolkata to Delhi in order to save their a$$es from us.Still we killed hundreds of high ranking brits and never gave them a chance to breath with ease!Got it,my little Congressi bootl*cker:lol:!!

Bengal was the first to fall to British rule. They stayed under British rule the longest.
Punjab was the last to fall.

Keep in mind large chunks of India were ruled by Indian royals

Well atleast Netaji didnot make a blunder like Quit India, which ended up disturbing the entire country With lack of corrdination among the leaders, no support from other political parties, improper planning the movement was bound to fail. Add to it that the majority of the Congress leaders were put behind the bars before the movement.
Netaji's blunder was to go the military way, when he had no experience nor was he a great strategist! He could not deal with little political bickerings!!
The movement failed because the leadership was imprisoned before anything could get off in a coordinated fashion. The British govt acted swiftly to roundup and jail the leaders and kept them incommunicado from their followers.
Ofcourse!
At this point I would also like to mention the Royal Navy of India's mutiny of 1946 and its contribution. That was another major event that brought an end to britisher's rule.
RIN mutiny actually started as a strike. But little known fact is that the British army soldiers in Royal Indian Army had also mutinied earlier and refused to serve in India. While the authorities let that event slide, for various reasons, the lack of consequences for such actions inspired personnel in RIN and also RIAF!! Yes there was a mutiny in the Royal Indian airforce too!!
But more amusing thing is that even though one would want to consider the 'brave' personnel' as freedom fighters or heroes, the armed forces of independent India or Pakistan refused to reinstate these fired personnel.
To say that the mutiny was a major event in forcing British to leave India is somewhat of a long stretch. British forces were active all over the world for over more than 200 hundred years. Mutinies were nothing new to them.

Bengal was the first to fall to British rule. They stayed under British rule the longest.
These people conveniently forget the defeat in Battle of Plassey, the foundation stone for British rule in India. Funny, blind nationalism turns many into such ignorant fools!!

Punjab was the last to fall.

Keep in mind large chunks of India were ruled by Indian royals
Yeah,it's true that we Bengalis actually sided with the Brits in order to depose the Islamic Nawabs from the throne because of their blatant religious bigotry towards the Hindu Bengali populace and this was the major reason why the Brits won the battle of Plassey with such ease.Bengalis were at first quite happy with the East India company rule but then we slowly realized that the Brits were no different from those Islamic Nawabs in exploiting us and hence we picked up arms against the British Empire and waged a relentless guerilla campaign against them.Bengal was the epicenter of armed movement in the first half of the 20th century.We killed hundreds of high ranking british officials and literally made their lives a living hell.We terrorised them so much that they were finally compelled to move the capital of British India to Delhi.But the Bengali freedom fighters still didn't leave them in peace.Our brave revolutionaries followed them and threw a bomb at Lord Hardinge I during the Delhi durbar possession in which he was seriously injured.Heck,our revolutionaries even attacked the heart of British administration in Bengal(The Writer's Building) and killed several high ranking british Police officials.Millions of young,educated Bengali youths made the supreme sacrifice in order to free our Motherland from the yoke of slavery!!

RIN mutiny actually started as a strike. But little known fact is that the British army soldiers in Royal Indian Army had also mutinied earlier and refused to serve in India. While the authorities let that event slide, for various reasons, the lack of consequences for such actions inspired personnel in RIN and also RIAF!! Yes there was a mutiny in the Royal Indian airforce too!!
But more amusing thing is that even though one would want to consider the 'brave' personnel' as freedom fighters or heroes, the armed forces of independent India or Pakistan refused to reinstate these fired personnel.
To say that the mutiny was a major event in forcing British to leave India is somewhat of a long stretch. British forces were active all over the world for over more than 200 hundred years. Mutinies were nothing new to them.
That would be underestimating the impact RIN's mutiny had on Britishers. Lets not forget that after RIN's mutiny Britishers had admitted that the Indian army, navy and air force units were no longer trustworthy, and for the army "only day to day estimates of steadiness could be made". The situation had thus been deemed the "Point of No Return".
And yes, I knew about Royal Indian airforce's revolt of 1946.

Last edited:
You didnt read what I had posted earlier. TL,DR; Indian independence was the culmination of various events and factors. No single man was responsible to affect the course of events overall, but the contributions of many at their specific times cannot be ruled out and hence they are all celebrated. Do you realize this?

He actually lost. He lost the political battle to lead congress. He was never a military graduate nor did he have the military acumen to lead men into battle. He did NOT form the INA. INA was formed in 1942 by the British Indian POWs captured by Japanese. Please do read up on history, instead of propaganda material.
And FYI, real power does not lie in the armed forces, it lies in the collective will of the people. Blindly worshiping what you personally perceive to be a hero is very detrimental to the overall well being of a nation. One should realize that.

So If I express my different opinion, I am a congressi sickular hack, but when you blindly support and hero worship a political figure or person, you are being fair and balanced? Now where do I recollect this attitude from?

Nope. The threat of 1857 FWI was to the East India Company which lost control of the Indian territories after the mutiny. The British crown took over. And the demand for Indian representation in the UK parliament and subsequent political upheaval leading to self governance made the British realize that India as a colony was a lost cause.

What caliber do you speak of? If Netaji had any caliber, he would have stuck around and fought great political battles and won. IMHO, Jinnah had much more political acumen and caliber than Netaji could even dream of. Gandhi, Nehru, Patel, Azad, Jinnah were of a different political breed and they collectively forced the British crown to concede many political privileges.

Royal Indian navy mutiny was not inspired by Netaji nor by the INA. These were the same troops which defeated the Japanese and INA forces in SE Asia. The main reason for mutiny was the deplorable conditions and food. Actually what started out as a strike morphed into a mutiny. Some historians want to give it a freedom movement flavor. Anywho, the sailors and officers who were involved or participated in this were kicked out of the forces and surprisingly were not reinstated even by forces in independent India nor Pakistan. Goes to show how dissent is not tolerated by the armed forces and the political power over armed forces in a democracy. So, again real power doesnt lie in the armed forces, it lies in the will of the people.
Pretty much wrong on all points, except the creation of the INA. That credit goes to Rashbehari Bose. Not in 1942. In 42, after the surrender of Singapore were the first soldiers recruited under Mohan Singh.
Bose was forced to relinquish his Leadership of the Congress, because he was not the kind to take diktats from Gandhi on how to raise the stakes.

Another big lie from the Nehruvian fanatics is that the forces were not reinstated in India and Pakistan. India did not (except rarely), but Pakistan did. In fact Habibur Rahman himself led the Lashkars into Kashmir in the 1948 war to establish Islamic Rule. It's has been a common part of our folklore there since then.

Bose was different and had no stomach for the cheap and communal politics at that time that allowed Indian 'freedom fighters' like Congress collaborating and creating and running Ministries of their own, while the nation was dragged to a second World War without our consent.

The influence of the INA on RIN Mutiny especially after the Red Fort Trials was something even the ring leaders did not deny. So your whitewashing and propaganda here to paint your fake 'leaders' as the harbingers of Indian freedom does not hold. Plus, the INA Mutiny was not an isolated revolt. There were similar instances all over the country. What is interesting is that occasional mutinies broke out all the time and defection was frequent even before, albeit in very low numbers. After the Trials, the British officers were no longer seen as one of their own. You can lament that. :cheers:

I get it, nice times it must have been for the likes of you. I don't hold it against you. Everything in this world is relative. So, did Nehru have a hand in the murder/execution of Bose? What do you think?

Besides, all this is of academic importance. The papers should and will be released over time. I suspect a trickle. I can care less provided they do come out, eventually. We can then perhaps de-recognize the Congress party and arrest its most avid and criminal minds under the sedition laws. It should happen, and the way things are going, (including the bad habit of Truth to come out), it looks rather inevitable. I will suggest those die hard Nehru bhakts with good eloquence to prepare an epitaph for their benefit or at least the 'last words' before succumbing to the hangman's noose.

Of course, I don't necessarily mean anybody in particular. That would be very...unbecoming of me. :)

That would be underestimating the impact RIN's mutiny had on Britishers. Lets not forget that after RIN's mutiny Britishers had admitted that the Indian army, navy and air force units were no longer trustworthy, and for the army "only day to day estimates of steadiness could be made". The situation had thus been deemed the "Point of No Return".
And yes, I knew about Royal Indian airforce's revolt of 1946.
He is not ignorant. And not lying. It's called peddling of half truths. Very convenient and effective especially to the untrained audience. If you have done your research on your own and not willing to take the story hook line and sinker, punching holes in it is rather easy.

Well atleast Netaji didnot make a blunder like Quit India, which ended up disturbing the entire country. With lack of co-ordination among the leaders, no support from other political parties, improper planning the movement was bound to fail. Add to it that the majority of the Congress leaders were put behind the bars before the movement.

Ofcourse!
In a real country with a spine, Gandhi and Nehru would have had to answer for their lack of support to the real Independence Movement. The Bengalis may have become rather spineless* today, but they were the real and first revolutionaries in India. The pioneers, the first to light the spark. Without their newspapers, their op-eds, their street fighters, their songs, their poets, their associates, their first movements, their social reform, their thinking, their religious movements, their national consciousness - nothing would have happened. Gandhi was close to what Hume(who established Congress) had in mind for the people of India - 'a pressure valve'. No more, no less. :)

@scorpionx Pls tag the other bongs dada. :D

* Now its the opposite with them - lot of words, no action. Including Bengal BJP. Just like us. :whistle:

Just look at the racially motivated stupid, blatant bong nationalism being displayed above. Throw into the mix the Kannada nationalism, Telgu nationalism, the Tamil nationalism, the Maratha nationalism, the Pathans, the Punjabis, the Gujjus, Kashmiris, north east states etc and the recipe was ripe for a clusterfvck, more complex and intertwined than the crises in the middle east.
Utterly baseless statement. First, I am not bengali - your assumption based on the username chosen by me is wrong. Plus, your conclusions ('blatant bong nationalism') is to put bluntly - disgusting and utterly racist. This is especially hypocritical from your POV considering NONE of the bengali INDIAN nationalists and revolutionaries except Sarat Bose and Suhravardy wanted anything to do with a separate identity. The poems, the plays, the stories, the works of art were absolutely national and completely devoid of any ethnic bias. Tagore wrote about the country, Bose led the Azad Hind Fauj, Surya Sen fought and died for freedom of India. Not freedom of Bengal.

I suspect that yours is a case not of ignorance but deliberate mischief, one that includes lies, half truths, and anthing that can be manipulated to present your chosen leaders with a halo. :)

Nethaji, the name that evokes passion in the hearts of tamils even now. Majority of people were Tamils in the INA, and still to this day his photograph appears in every marriage / house invitations from the people living in the South of TN.

We the people of India want to know his final fate and last resting place.

Nehru was another politician, in the string of politicians that congress has given to India, no more no less; Netaji on the other hand was a Hero, a Leader, nationalist, and above all a True Patriot.

Utterly baseless statement. First, I am not bengali - your assumption based on the username chosen by me is wrong. Plus, your conclusions ('blatant bong nationalism') is to put bluntly - disgusting and utterly racist.
Oh, please spare the political correctness classes here. Bongs, Kannads, Gultis, Gujjus, Tams etc...we all call each other names in open conversations. No one ever minds that. Anywho...

I was neither targeting you specifically (I know u not Bong), nor the Bengalis as a people. I was pointing out the conversations between two members here, who here, indulged in less than gentlemanly chitchat. If my statement comes out as racist, I apologize.
That being said, in the overall context of Indian independence movement, the contributions of Subhash Chandra Bose are important but not of high significance. You make good points and I concur with you on some of them. Yes, stories of Netaji's aura and romanticism of taking up arms against the British empire captured the nation's imagination. But in the larger picture, his was more of a little irritant than any substantial contribution.

And for the record: I am not a fan of the Congress party and neither am I a bleeding heart liberal (read - CPI).
I suspect that yours is a case not of ignorance but deliberate mischief, one that includes lies, half truths, and anything that can be manipulated to present your chosen leaders with a halo. :)
I do not exactly revere Nehru or Gandhi, but I do respect them, just like I do respect Bose or Bhagat Singh. For they, along with others, were statesmen and politicians and knew that Indian independence depended on the political one upmanship with the British. They used the threat of violence perpetuated by ultranationalists like Bose or Azad or Bhagat Singh to play the British into believing that if India did not achieve independence, the results would be bad for them.
The importance of those little stories gets blown out of proportion when you people look at individual incidents in Indian independence movement history without as much as looking at the larger picture or the larger context. And that is what I am trying to point out here. Bose was not solely important for India's independence.

If the Japanese had conquered India they would have killed ten times more Indians than the British ever did. Look at the dead in Andaman & Nicobar islands.

There are dozens of famines in India during British rule. To be blunt British did not care about the Indian masses.

Saying the Japs would kill more Indians cannot be proven as it never happened. The reality is the British killed many Indians with policies.

You cannot balem Bose for his military skills. He did not have any. He was simply a man with a mission to free his motherland. There is no manual to do that. YOu have to run with what you got, and make the best out of it.

Back
Top Bottom