What's new

Born in India, will die in India

Would, could, might etc... all in the future.

I'm totally right, the ABV govt implemented the amendment specifically for Assam. The conditions set for NRC was specially for Assam.

Nationwide NRC is not declared yet, may be it will be. But the conditions are not known yet.

You are getting confused.

Assam NRC was part of Assam accord signed in 1985 by the then Congress government led by PM Rajiv Gandhi.

Nation wide NRC was passed and became a law in 2003 when ABV was the PM.

The only missing pieces of are if and when the Nation wide NRC would be started?

If and when started what would be the process i.e what are the rules and documentation required, if any.

The above two steps are the prerogative of the government and does not need any new amendments to the constitution as the law for nation wide NRC was already passed and has been part of the constitution for over 15 years now.

You are getting confused.

Assam NRC was part of Assam accord signed in 1985 by the then Congress government led by PM Rajiv Gandhi.

Nation wide NRC was passed and became a law in 2003 when ABV was the PM.

The only missing pieces of are if and when the Nation wide NRC would be started?

If and when started what would be the process i.e what are the rules and documentation required, if any.

The above two steps are the prerogative of the government and does not need any new amendments to the constitution as the law for nation wide NRC was already passed and has been part of the constitution for over 15 years now.
I'm not talking about any amendments that maybe needed to implement NRC. I'm talking about conditions for NRC.

Assam accord has no NRC, it simply says identify the foreigners who came into India between 1966 and 1971. It doesn't even call for their deportation but rather giving them voting rights after 10 years wait period.

If you know anything about the NRC, that would be implemented throughout India, including the cutoff period and so on please provide it, I'm all ears.

Huge turnout at peaceful rally in Kerala against CAA

By K.M. Rakesh in Bangalore
  • Published 2.01.20, 3:41 AM
  • Updated 2.01.20, 3:41 AM
  • 3 mins read
image894858c0-b3cb-4d7d-8d63-b1e101f53ad5.jpg

The rally against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the NRC winds its way through Kochi in Kerala on Wednesday.(PTI picture)

Muslim organisations, supported by people of other faiths and members of the civil society, on Wednesday closed ranks in Kerala to stage one of the biggest rallies in the country since the citizenship-related protests began.

The sweep and breadth of the crowd and the peaceful conduct prompted a senior Supreme Court lawyer to suggest that such non-violent political processes were the best alternative under the circumstances instead of every politician rushing to the court to challenge the changes to the citizenship law.

Organisers estimated that around 5 lakh people participated in the event held in Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala.

The protesters flooded Kochi from across the state and began assembling in a stadium from 1pm before they began their long march to Marine Drive, about 5km away.

The extent of the response was such that when the convention began at Marine Drive a little before 6pm, some of the protesters were still leaving the stadium. An hour later, less than half of them could find a place in the overcrowded Marine Drive where several religious leaders and politicians from all parties had assembled to address the gathering.

The convention gave a call for a long-term agitation until the Centre withdrew the amendment and ensured that no discriminatory legislation would be implemented.

“I think this is the biggest rally by a united front of all Muslim organisations in Kerala. The speciality is the support from all other communities, political parties and intellectuals,” said Ebrahim Kunju, a former minister and one of the organisers.

The organisers had deployed thousands of volunteers to make sure the protesters maintained discipline and peace. The marchers carried placards with pictures of Mahatma Gandhi, B.R. Ambedkar and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.

Inaugurating the rally, Indian Union Muslim League state president Panakkad Syed Hyderali Shihab Thangal told the gathering: “We are born in India and we will die in India since every Indian citizen has the right to do that.”

“Every like-minded Indian citizen will make sure that the Centre withdraws the citizenship act. This is a law that divides people on communal lines. We must not allow that,” the hugely popular leader said.

Sunni leader Kanthapuram Aboobacker Musaliar declared that the long march and the rally were only the beginning of a series of protests. He kept urging the gathering to maintain discipline but never lose any opportunity to question anything against the Constitution.

Aboobacker said: “We are a disciplined people. Without taking the law into our hands, and by staying within the parameters of the law we have the right to question everything.

“The only thing we are asking the Centre is what its problem is in allowing people to live peacefully based on the rights enshrined in the Constitution. Indian Muslims have never worked against the Indian ethos of unity in diversity. Tell me if there is a Muslim among those who killed Mahatma Gandhi and two Prime Ministers,” he said.

“We had the Babri Masjid judgment in which the Supreme Court found evidence about a mosque being demolished but then gave that land to build a temple. We kept quiet and urged all Muslims to maintain law and order,” he said.

“But this one is not like that. The CAA and the NRC discriminate against Muslims, and we will not take it lying down,” said Aboobacker.

Senior Supreme Court lawyer Kaleeswaram Raj, who was not at the rally, later told The Telegraph that “peaceful protests” would be the best option under the circumstances.

“I don’t agree with every political leader approaching the court against the CAA or any such legislation. There is no alternative to peaceful protests where people’s voice is heard. This is how political process differs from adjudicative process,” said Raj.

“We can’t follow America where they go to the court for everything. For example, lobbying is fine in America, but it won’t have the same results in India. But countries like France and Germany are good examples of how protests would work. But again the focus should be on peaceful protests,” he added.

The day was marked by similar protests in Kozhikode in north Kerala where a long march was held and a human chain formed in Kunnamangalam panchayat in the same district.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/india/born-in-india-will-die-in-india/cid/1732209
Commie mallus are good at getting people out for these stunts. They've done hundreds of kilometeres long human chains etc a few times too.

Anyway, you Indian muzzers are going to be just fine, only the illegal alien BD ones must go, it's pretty simple.

Save your energy for UCC when we purge the constitution of the sharia (and everyone else's bs too.) Wonder what will happen to the cow laws then. Also, Population Regulation Bill/Act... and when Ram Mandir construction begins... wahin pe.

100 % True. All my school friends and classmates, save one, have all gone over to the dark side. These are all people with high education and credentials, and holding high positions in India/US/UK. All are rabidly anti-Muslim and believe all the lies being spread by WhatsApp, as long as it is anti-Muslim.

What you are saying, is also clear, if one carefully reads the posts of the most of Indian posters, including those, who are currently banned on PDF.

'm not talking about any amendments that maybe needed to implement NRC. I'm talking about conditions for NRC.

No further amendments are needed to conduct nation wide NRC.

It is purely the prerogative of the government.

No one in India either wants to destroy Hindus or nationalism.

We pride being nationalists like our fellow Hindus.
Yah except that i said "Hindu nationalism", I.e. Hindutva. That's different to basic nationalism. You wouldn't really get it, until India's Muslims are out of the way. Then you'll get it.

NRC in Assam was first compiled in 1951, very few know this fact. Assam Accord mandated that illegal Bangladeshis after 1971 irrespective of their religion will have to leave the state.

These muslims are wilfully intermixing the NRC and CAA protests together, these two are vastly different especially in the case of NE.

A large chunk of Assam's population is unhappy with the way this NRC was conducted with rampant document forging by the miyas and without any sample reverification for fictitious entries in the border areas. We disregard the Assam Accord's cut off date of 1971 and want to expand the scope of present NRC based on the 1951 list.

Huge turnout at peaceful rally in Kerala against CAA

By K.M. Rakesh in Bangalore
  • Published 2.01.20, 3:41 AM
  • Updated 2.01.20, 3:41 AM
  • 3 mins read
image894858c0-b3cb-4d7d-8d63-b1e101f53ad5.jpg

The rally against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and the NRC winds its way through Kochi in Kerala on Wednesday.(PTI picture)

Muslim organisations, supported by people of other faiths and members of the civil society, on Wednesday closed ranks in Kerala to stage one of the biggest rallies in the country since the citizenship-related protests began.

The sweep and breadth of the crowd and the peaceful conduct prompted a senior Supreme Court lawyer to suggest that such non-violent political processes were the best alternative under the circumstances instead of every politician rushing to the court to challenge the changes to the citizenship law.

Organisers estimated that around 5 lakh people participated in the event held in Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala.

The protesters flooded Kochi from across the state and began assembling in a stadium from 1pm before they began their long march to Marine Drive, about 5km away.

The extent of the response was such that when the convention began at Marine Drive a little before 6pm, some of the protesters were still leaving the stadium. An hour later, less than half of them could find a place in the overcrowded Marine Drive where several religious leaders and politicians from all parties had assembled to address the gathering.

The convention gave a call for a long-term agitation until the Centre withdrew the amendment and ensured that no discriminatory legislation would be implemented.

“I think this is the biggest rally by a united front of all Muslim organisations in Kerala. The speciality is the support from all other communities, political parties and intellectuals,” said Ebrahim Kunju, a former minister and one of the organisers.

The organisers had deployed thousands of volunteers to make sure the protesters maintained discipline and peace. The marchers carried placards with pictures of Mahatma Gandhi, B.R. Ambedkar and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.

Inaugurating the rally, Indian Union Muslim League state president Panakkad Syed Hyderali Shihab Thangal told the gathering: “We are born in India and we will die in India since every Indian citizen has the right to do that.”

“Every like-minded Indian citizen will make sure that the Centre withdraws the citizenship act. This is a law that divides people on communal lines. We must not allow that,” the hugely popular leader said.

Sunni leader Kanthapuram Aboobacker Musaliar declared that the long march and the rally were only the beginning of a series of protests. He kept urging the gathering to maintain discipline but never lose any opportunity to question anything against the Constitution.

Aboobacker said: “We are a disciplined people. Without taking the law into our hands, and by staying within the parameters of the law we have the right to question everything.

“The only thing we are asking the Centre is what its problem is in allowing people to live peacefully based on the rights enshrined in the Constitution. Indian Muslims have never worked against the Indian ethos of unity in diversity. Tell me if there is a Muslim among those who killed Mahatma Gandhi and two Prime Ministers,” he said.

“We had the Babri Masjid judgment in which the Supreme Court found evidence about a mosque being demolished but then gave that land to build a temple. We kept quiet and urged all Muslims to maintain law and order,” he said.

“But this one is not like that. The CAA and the NRC discriminate against Muslims, and we will not take it lying down,” said Aboobacker.

Senior Supreme Court lawyer Kaleeswaram Raj, who was not at the rally, later told The Telegraph that “peaceful protests” would be the best option under the circumstances.

“I don’t agree with every political leader approaching the court against the CAA or any such legislation. There is no alternative to peaceful protests where people’s voice is heard. This is how political process differs from adjudicative process,” said Raj.

“We can’t follow America where they go to the court for everything. For example, lobbying is fine in America, but it won’t have the same results in India. But countries like France and Germany are good examples of how protests would work. But again the focus should be on peaceful protests,” he added.

The day was marked by similar protests in Kozhikode in north Kerala where a long march was held and a human chain formed in Kunnamangalam panchayat in the same district.

https://www.telegraphindia.com/india/born-in-india-will-die-in-india/cid/1732209
Not in India.. you guys should strive for a name of the new country that is about to be born..

Pakistan's struggle also started by suggesting the name first.

Yah except that i said "Hindu nationalism", I.e. Hindutva. That's different to basic nationalism. You wouldn't really get it, until India's Muslims are out of the way. Then you'll get it.

I believe that, for most of the elite Hindus, the concepts of Indian and Hindu nationalism are inseparable, interchangeable and overlapping. This bogey of so called Indian nationalism is, for the most part, to deceive the minorities, particularly Muslims, and keep them under the yoke of submission. So, now, they believe that the time has come and is ripe, for snatching even this sham garb of secularism away, for all times to come.

Hyderabadistan.

Tamilistan.

Karalistan.

Dehlistan (UP+Bihar)

Or

Simply give Mmuslims of Maqboozahindustan a separate homeland with Deccan as it capital...peaceful migration from there or there to... with a sea port .... Karala and Hyderabad can merge... in other words all of the SouthStates must separate from GauMattaBelt and muslims can move there en mass....

West Bengal can finally flurish... South is subsidising these Hindutva meniachs...
hyderabad-state-2a5a5371-3d70-49b5-8b27-4fd5a3f2de5-resize-750.png
They will have to come up with something new and attractive.. Like the word "Pakistan"..

There is a difference between Hindu and Hindutva. Majority of Hindus are very docile and people loving people.

NRC in Assam was first compiled in 1951, very few know this fact. Assam Accord mandated that illegal Bangladeshis after 1971 irrespective of their religion will have to leave the state.

These muslims are wilfully intermixing the NRC and CAA protests together, these two are vastly different especially in the case of NE.

A large chunk of Assam's population is unhappy with the way this NRC was conducted with rampant document forging by the miyas and without any sample reverification for fictitious entries in the border areas. We disregard the Assam Accord's cut off date of 1971 and want to expand the scope of present NRC based on the 1951 list.

I agree but I do not want to digress. The current protests across India excluding North east are related speculated nation wide NRC.

who are the people who are spreading this nonsense and why are they threatening muslims?leftist bbastards are spreading wrong info...many hindus across india dont have documents too...if NRC affects muslims,it affects hindus too...feel sad to see people falling for false propaganda.
I assure all my Indian muslims...if anything of the sort of what that man is speaking happens(removing indian citizenship to legal muslims) crores of hindus will hit the roads...a common hindu has anger for islam and atrocities committed by muslims all across india...he has anger against muslims for breaking his country into two...but at the same time majority of the hindus dont go to extent of supporting such an inhuman act..As long as hindus are majority in this country,all the people living here will be safe(can't say the same for muslims or christians though)

who are the people who are spreading this nonsense and why are they threatening muslims?leftist bbastards are spreading wrong info...many hindus across india dont have documents too...if NRC affects muslims,it affects hindus too...feel sad to see people falling for false propaganda.
I assure all my Indian muslims...if anything of the sort of what that man is speaking happens(removing indian citizenship to legal muslims) crores of hindus will hit the roads...a common hindu has anger for islam and atrocities committed by muslims all across india...he has anger against muslims for breaking his country into two...but at the same time majority of the hindus dont go to extent of supporting such an inhuman act..As long as hindus are majority in this country,all the people living here will be safe(can't say the same for muslims or christians though)

The contradictions in this para says it all when it comes to the conditions of the Muslims in India. Read the half-truths and slimy lies that are perpetuated within the Hindu community to justify their "anger".

Are you dumb? Or are you acting like one? Can't you see the happenings around you? Can a daily wager, a poor beggar etc have enough documents to prove that they were born in India?
Poor people actually have more documents than the rich as they have to contunously deal with the government. 99.99% would have aadhar cards as every subsidy is linked to it. Others would have some or the other documents

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom