What's new

Boost for NSG membership, as India gains entry into 'Australia Group'

Another step that clips India's wings. One step at time, India slowly losing its Independence.

MTCR = Check
Wassenar group = Check
Australia group = Check
NSG = 90% Check (Already enjoying the waiver)

So what has china's deeper than ocean friendship given to pakistan ? Pakistan was also a first class ally of USA. I mean comon who leases its land and allow drones in its territory. Even after so much bending Pakistan is not a member of any of the group.
lol China itself is not a member of these 3 groups.
Matter of time when we will bend chinese for NSG.
good. we are waiting for the bending movement.

and we don't need NSG or any other group to get access to any technology. China is giving us all without any hesitation.

Australian Group ?
is
Still betting for peanuts ??
Very interesting. care to explain how?

I would suggest read the press release statement by Australia Group, especially this part

With its admission into the AG, India has demonstrated the will to implement rigorous controls of high standards in international trade, and its capacity to adapt its national regulatory system to meet the necessities of its expanding economy. India is also aware of the need to constantly adapt its export controls in the face of rapidly evolving scientific and technological challenges, and in this regard, affirmed its readiness to act in close cooperation with all members towards the furtherance of Australia Group objectives.

India and several other countries (including your nation) have not signed NPT quoting it to be discriminatory which was used as a per-condition to enter these elite technology controlling groups. Now these barriers have been removed one by one for India and it is accepted as a responsible state (remember this is a statement from those groups and not India), so its only a matter of time before India gains entry to NSG.
As far as case of China and its tacit support to Pakistan's membership is concerned, India has gone on record stating it has no objection to Pakistan gaining entry. However the trouble is apart from China hardly anyone is supporting the case. As for Chinese diplomats, India at NPT isn't the concern but convincing other nations, Do give it a thought!

@XiNiX @nair @Robinhood Pandey @Joe Shearer Your views gentlemen.

India and several other countries (including your nation) have not signed NPT quoting it to be discriminatory which was used as a per-condition to enter these elite technology controlling groups. Now these barriers have been removed one by one for India and it is accepted as a responsible state (remember this is a statement from those groups and not India), so its only a matter of time before India gains entry to NSG.
As far as case of China and its tacit support to Pakistan's membership is concerned, India has gone on record stating it has no objection to Pakistan gaining entry. However the trouble is apart from China hardly anyone is supporting the case. As for Chinese diplomats, India at NPT isn't the concern but convincing other nations, Do give it a thought!

This is Geo-Politics: Gain of one would be loss of other. That’s why China is playing “Pakistan card” and all other excuses against India’s bid for membership in NSG.

Importance of membership of the NSG means:

1. Access to technology for a range of uses from medicine to building nuclear power plants for India from the NSG which is essentially a traders’ cartel. India has its own indigenously developed technology but to get its hands on state of the art technology that countries within the NSG possess, it has to become part of the group.

2. With India committed to reducing dependence on fossil fuels and ensuring that 40% of its energy is sourced from renewable and clean sources, there is a pressing need to scale up nuclear power production. This can only happen if India gains access to the NSG. Even if India today can buy power plants from the global market thanks to the one time NSG waiver in 2008, there are still many types of technologies India can be denied as it is outside the NSG.

3. India could sign the Nuclear non proliferation treaty and gain access to all this know how but that would mean giving up its entire nuclear arsenal. Given that it is situated in an unstable and unpredictable neighbourhood India is unlikely to sign the NPT or accede to the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) that puts curbs on any further nuclear tests.

4. With access to latest technology, India can commercialize the production of nuclear power equipment. This, in turn will boost innovation and high tech manufacturing in India and can be leveraged for economic and strategic benefits.

For example, India has signed a civil nuclear energy co-operation pact with Sri Lanka. Currently, this entails training people in peaceful uses of nuclear energy, including use of radioisotopes, nuclear safety, radiation safety, nuclear security, radioactive waste management and nuclear and radiological disaster mitigation. Should India get access to advanced nuclear technologies, it can start building updated versions of its own fast breeder reactor and sell it to countries such as Sri Lanka or Bangladesh. Bangladesh is currently looking at buying Russian reactors for power generation.

5. Having the ability to offer its own nuclear power plants to the world means spawning of an entire nuclear industry and related technology development. This could give the Make in India programme a big boost.

Beijing does not want New Delhi to have “full legal acceptance” as a nuclear armed power and have an equal footing in the global nuclear regime. Analysts widely believe that China’s stand at the NSG is part of a strategic battle being fought in Asia. China was vehemently opposed to approval of the 2008 nuclear deal, but pulled back in the face of US and Indian pressure.

A:IN FAVOUR B:AGAINST C:ABSTENTION

China:
B
177528.jpg

A:IN FAVOUR B:AGAINST C:ABSTENTION

China:
B
177528.jpg
With this so much opposition i always wonder what made china to agree on the waiver to india back then in first place ?
You know what, due to this waiver, while you and me are typing this india is already enjoying all the perks of membership. Hence india have the luxury of keeping trying for NSG membership for as much of many years you can imgaine. This luxury would not have been if there was no waiver, and in that case india would have been under immense pressure.

To dumb it down for you, its like a kid is already eating the cadbury which china gave in first place, but now china is saying that you can eat your cadbury but i am going to cry in front of the world that you are eating this cadbury and your friend is not.

So again coming back to main question why did china gave this luxury to india back then ? If there is so much opposition now, then why agree to waiver which makes this todays opposition a laughing stock.
Any chinese can take to answer my question.

Another step that clips India's wings. One step at time, India slowly losing its Independence.

Another false flagger.

At least they could be subtle about it.

is

Very interesting. care to explain how?

I would suggest read the press release statement by Australia Group, especially this part

I personally believe that it is not India's headache to explain to Pakistan and her diplomats and her deep state that it is for them to win credibility by themselves, and that there is no mechanism whereby anything good that happens to India has to be 'compensated' by the world indulging an undeserving rogue state.

Keep to the rules, observe lawful responses to international questions, and watch while the world softens its attitudes.

This is all pearls before an unwilling and sceptical audience, of course; an audience that contains some pretty thick-headed members, people who make statements like "...we don't need NSG or any other group to get access to any technology. China is giving us all without any hesitation..."

I feel sorry for those older Pakistanis who have to sit and squirm in silence while the younger citizens go on making these self-destructive statements.

we don't need NSG or any other group to get access to any technology. China is giving us all without any hesitation...
Is it a case of Grapes are Sour Sir?
we all know that nations have been able to find their way around treaties and get hands on technologies through one means or other. However the greater point is acceptance in main fold politics and clout that such memberships bring.

I feel sorry for those older Pakistanis who have to sit and squirm in silence while the younger citizens go on making these self-destructive statements.
Thats one of the biggest change i've seen here in last couple of years. unfortunately its for the worse..

Last edited:
On NSG road, India has reached a dead end and there it is facing China.

NSG without Chinese nod?
A horse with horns?

Meanwhile:
China could soon be within India’s N-strike zone

And China would serve NSG to India on silver platter.
You do Doklam and beg for NSG?
Lol

Kahan kahan se chale ate hain.
And what do you suppose India should have been done when China entered Doklam?

Another false flagger.

At least they could be subtle about it.

Sir,

Why do you say that?

Australian Group is the least important group of the four.

Russia & India had worked on Brahmos much before India became part of MTCR.

China has been providing both Drone and Missile tech to Pakistan as neither of them are part of MTCR.

Now that India is part of MTCR, would West share Drone tech or Scramjet tech with India? Never. On the other hand now that India is developing these tech on its own, MTCR would prevent India selling this indigenous tech to another country, akin to China is selling the tech to Pakistan.

Thanks

With this so much opposition i always wonder what made china to agree on the waiver to india back then in first place ?
You know what, due to this waiver, while you and me are typing this india is already enjoying all the perks of membership. Hence india have the luxury of keeping trying for NSG membership for as much of many years you can imgaine. This luxury would not have been if there was no waiver, and in that case india would have been under immense pressure.

To dumb it down for you, its like a kid is already eating the cadbury which china gave in first place, but now china is saying that you can eat your cadbury but i am going to cry in front of the world that you are eating this cadbury and your friend is not.

So again coming back to main question why did china gave this luxury to india back then ? If there is so much opposition now, then why agree to waiver which makes this todays opposition a laughing stock.
Any chinese can take to answer my question.
China:AGAINST
177528.jpg

good. we are waiting for the bending movement.

and we don't need NSG or any other group to get access to any technology. China is giving us all without any hesitation.
its not about tech we were getting it from Russia its all about recognition and options jeez acknowledging important feats of enemy is not conceding or important but ignoring any small development just because of emotional reasons is stupid

Sir,

Why do you say that?

Australian Group is the least important group of the four.

Russia & India had worked on Brahmos much before India became part of MTCR.

China has been providing both Drone and Missile tech to Pakistan as neither of them are part of MTCR.

Now that India is part of MTCR, would West share Drone tech or Scramjet tech with India? Never. On the other hand now that India is developing these tech on its own, MTCR would prevent India selling this indigenous tech to another country, akin to China is selling the tech to Pakistan.

Thanks

Omigod.

Are you seriously an Indian? My apologies, but that begs the interrogation: you know, the standard questions -
  1. Where are you from?
  2. What language do you speak?
  3. Which school did you go to?
  4. Have you finished college? What degree, and which college?
My point of view is that it is better to join; better in the tent pissing out, than outside pissing in.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom