What's new

Bollywood stars arrive in Israel in bid to boost India-Israel ties.

Does Common Israelis know about Bollywood? :S

I know, there are migrant Jews from various Indian Jew Communities there; alibeit a minority(like cochini jews)..

Jewish women of Bollywood cinema

Many of Indian cinema's stars came from families of Baghdadi Jewish descent who had been living in country for decades
Movie goers from Bombay to Bangalore were star stuck over Bollywood’s Sulochana during the golden age of Indian cinema. At the time, most of them were unaware that Sulochana was Jewish and that her real name was Ruby Myers.

But Myers wasn’t the only actress to light up the silver screen in India during the 1920’s and ‘30s. Rose Ezra and Farhat Ezekiel Nadira shared the Bollywood limelight along with other Jewish actors. They came from Indian families of Baghdadi Jewish descent who had been living in India for decades.

At the time, many Hindu and Muslim women weren’t allowed, for modesty’s sake, to appear in movies, according to documentarian Eric Molinksy. However, Jewish women were able to pursue careers as actresses in India.

They were able to play diverse roles. For example, Nadira was known for playing the “bad girl” and, for her strong screen presence. Most of the Jewish Bollywood stars reached their peak in the 1920s and 30s. However, many continued acting throughout their lives. Sulochana held her last film role in 1980, three years before she past away.

Reprinted with permission from Shalom Life
Jewish women of Bollywood cinema - Israel Jewish Scene, Ynetnews

Naadira (Farhat Ezekiel Nadira)
Farhat Ezekiel Nadira (5 December 1932 – 9 February 2006), commonly known as Nadira was an actress in Indian cinema. She is best remembered for her performance in films in the 1950s and 1960s such as Shree 420 (1955), Pakeezah (1972) and Julie (1975), which won her Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award.[1]
16.jpg

There used to be a ancient Jewish community in Kerala. They escaped persecution from the Babylonians(ya, that's how old the community is), and landed in Kerala.. They moved back to Israel when it was formed..

Last edited by a moderator:
Tourism

TourismAround 35,000 Israelis, mostly youth, after finishing their military service, visit India annually.[57] The number increased to around 65,000 , where many tend to visit the Himalayas, especially the towns of Old Manali, Vashisht, Naggar, Kasol and the villages surrounding Dharamsala. The number of tourists from India visiting Israel touched 20,000 in the year 2007.[57] By 2010, India replaced Korea as the top source market for Israel from Asia last year with 41,000 tourist arrivals.[58] Indian tourists were also the biggest spenders in Israel with an average of $1,364 , outranking the average tourist expenditure in Israel of $1,091.[59][60]

------------------------Not Needed---------------------------------

Thanks bro, she is hot, btw I wonder what Jackie Chan was thinking about, pointing his finger. :angel:

hahahahahah.......

I think the same 99% males think about something....::D:D:D

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

-----------------not needed---------------------

hahahahahah.......

I think the same 99% males think about something....::D:D:D

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

-----------------not needed---------------------

Yep, you could tell Jackie Chan was being naughty, hence she is slapping him on the back. lol

There used to be an ancient Jewish community in Kerala. They escaped persecution from the Babylonians(ya, that's how old the community is), and landed in Kerala.. They moved back to Israel when it was formed..

The olden generation is still there, but the younger generation has left to Israel.

Most of the jews are so integrated into Kerala culture, that they refuse to move to Israel saying that they cannot adjust.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a man I don't have any problem with Indian women ever, such this beauty girl is always welcome to my office staying overnight for free!!!

I know my Pakistani friend thought the same, but anyways "viva" India-Israel friendship, wish Allah bless you guys forever!!!

Thanks bro, she is hot, btw I wonder what Jackie Chan was thinking about, pointing his finger. :angel:

he was thinking about strong family bonds israelis and indians have:lol:

"I find that Israelis and Indians both have strong family bonds,” observed Producer Sundeep “Bobby” Bedi, Kaleidiscope Studios Founder. “I look forward to a heightened creative interaction.”

Back
Top Bottom