What's new

Bollywood by Pakistani Student

very few pakistan songs have been copied anyways . a miniscule number and how do we know the India music directors don't do it without the Pakistani's permission ?

As i said many of songs from Mahesh Bhatt films of 90s were copies of Pakistani songs.

This beautiful song of is actually copy of a Pakistani songs with few bits added.

If you talk about pakistan copying Bollywood and Hindi tv serials ,let me put it this way, Bollywood is many times more popular in Pakistan than in south India. Not to mention Bollywood stars are equally popular in Pakistan if not more.

whatever guys say here , its liked by every section of Pakistan society .
Bollywood and hindi channels their primary source entertainment like the its in north india .

Its self evident from their news programs, comedy skits involve that liberal dose of Bollywood .

Last edited by a moderator:
Bollywood is very popular in Pakistan.

Its just that they don't want to admit it in front of us Indian as it hurts their fragile ego .

We should be decent enough not to insist on it either .

If anybody is in doubt just they check few of their tv programs including news programs on youtube . Its full of Bollywood relatedskits.

For educated Pakistanis movies means Bollywood , as Pakistan own films industry cater to only lower class blue collar types with its Gujjar movies.

Bollywood is like India,there is good,bad and ugly.Nobody gets a medal for giving the exact correct judgement on it.Take a walk folks,all of you.

I guess the author of this article did not watch those anti-Pakistan Bollywood movies which were made to entertain the blind nationalism of Indian patriotic peoples :D

Bollywood movies were better before bringing this politics, Muslim terrorists/dada/villains in movies and entertainment industry. Another problem is message/stories of Bollywood movies is being reiterated over and over and over again in different films.

I guess the author of this article did not watch those anti-Pakistan Bollywood movies which were made to entertain the blind nationalism of Indian patriotic peoples :D

Bollywood movies were better before bringing this politics, Muslim terrorists/dada/villains in movies and entertainment industry. Another problem is message/stories of Bollywood movies is being reiterated over and over and over again in different films.

Indians movies are made for Indians living in India or abroad. Pakistan opinion doesn't matter as it is not made for Pakistani. Watch or don't watch doesn't make any difference.

Indians movies are made for Indians living in India or abroad. Pakistan opinion doesn't matter as it is not made for Pakistani. Watch or don't watch doesn't make any difference.

I think that's not what producers of those movies say as they claim that Mahaan Indian cinema is for everyone and that it transends all boundaries and these movies release worldwide even with Arabic subtitle to generate more revenues

If Indians movies are made only for indians then the whole concept of communication is destroyed and if pakistani opinion dont matter to you then why your fellow Indian posted the opinion of Pakistani about bollywood movies on Pakistani forums :)

I think that's not what producers of those movies say as they claim that Mahaan Indian cinema is for everyone and that it transends all boundaries and these movies release worldwide even with Arabic subtitle to generate more revenues

If Indians movies are made only for indians then the whole concept of communication is destroyed and if pakistani opinion dont matter to you then why your fellow Indian posted the opinion of Pakistanabout bollywood movies on Pakistani forums :)

I partially agree and few points i disagree.

When Hindi movies are made, The whole concept and Target is based on Indians only. Not a single producer/director ever thinks of any other country.

They make Films which we like to see. For example, you might think that Super Hit movies like Border/LOC Kargil/Gaddar/etc. are anti-Pakistani. But it's not. It's made for Indian and accordingly. Even there are many Hollywood movies which are against many countries, Still it's made because their target audience are from western countries.

Pakistan can have opinion same like we have opinion on Hollywood, But does it make difference ? I don't think so. Reason is obvious. Bollywood and Hollywood are made for specific audience, But others do watch but it doesn't make any difference in popularity and revenue.

I partially agree and few points i disagree.

When Hindi movies are made, The whole concept and Target is based on Indians only. Not a single producer/director ever thinks of any other country.
Thats where you are wrong because producers are only interested in profits and to generate more revenues otherwise why they would have subtitle in other languages and why release movies in countries where Indians are tiny minority. We have seen that even american singer Akon was asked to sing for upcoming bollywood movie Ra.one to attract more international audience. Pakistani singers/actors are also getting hired for bollywood movies to attract Pakistani audience.

Are Chinese movies only made for chinese peoples? Are hollywood movies only for american? You need to think outside of the box. If you would have made google or internet you would have made it only for Indians :)

Thats where you are wrong because producers are only interested in profits and to generate more revenues otherwise why they would have subtitle in other languages and why release movies in countries where Indians are tiny minority. We have seen that even american singer Akon was asked to sing for upcoming bollywood movie Ra.one to attract more international audience. Pakistani singers/actors are also getting hired for bollywood movies to attract Pakistani audience.

Are Chinese movies only made for chinese peoples? Are hollywood movies are only for american? You need to think outside of the box. If you would have made google or internet you would have made it only for Indians :)

True. Plus their stars come to Pakistan to promote their films. Sharukh wanted to come to Pakistan at the time when My name is Khan was released, but the BJP threatened him out of it. :lol:

Are Chinese movies only made for chinese peoples? Are hollywood movies are only for american? You need to think outside of the box. If you would have made google or internet you would have made it only for Indians :)

I will give you data sometime later.

95% revenues comes from Indians only.

Pakistani mostly watch pirated DVD/HD/CD movies. 50% Revenues comes from Indian Multiplex, 25% from TV channel rights (100s of Hindi Channels buy those rights), In 25% remaining (In which 50 Countries theatre, DVD/HD rights and many more things).

You must have seen Star Plus -- 100% Advertisement are Indians. Right ?? 90% revenues comes from Ads. What does it make difference if any Pakistani don't watch at all. 0%, What if you watch everyday. Still 0%.

Hollywood 80% Revenues comes from Western countries. 20% from rest of the world. Will Hollywood movies will ever think of 20% ?? I am sure not.

True. Plus their stars come to Pakistan to promote their films. Sharukh wanted to come to Pakistan at the time when My name is Khan was released, but the BJP threatened him out of it. :lol:

I think art and music should stay away from politics and should not belong to sepcific region/peoples..Nusrat fateh ali khan was pakistani but his music should be for everyone who want to listen him :)

I will give you data sometime later.

95% revenues comes from Indians only.

Pakistani mostly watch pirated DVD/HD/CD movies. 50% Revenues comes from Indian Multiplex, 25% from TV channel rights (100s of Hindi Channels buy those rights), In 25% remaining (In which 50 Countries theatre, DVD/HD rights and many more things).

You must have seen Star Plus -- 100% Advertisement are Indians. Right ?? 90% revenues comes from Ads. What does it make difference if any Pakistani don't watch at all. 0%, What if you watch everyday. Still 0%.

Hollywood 80% Revenues comes from Western countries. 20% from rest of the world. Will Hollywood movies will ever think of 20% ?? I am sure not.

Your thinking is very narrow minded. I am sure if producers think like you then indian movies will be banned in other countries as they will not see the point of releasing Bollywood movies with Arabic subtitle in middle east countries or they will not bother to release it in some African countries where Indians are not even one percent of total population

I enjoy Bollywood movies every once in a while. I particularly liked 3 Idiots and found my name is Khan annoying though. The indians at work made fun of me :(
So I had to mock the Singh is Kinng movie to get back at em ;)

you can focus on whatever. but deep in your heart you know that things don't change. the watcher is the always the Master. and the dancer/actor is the entertainment and that is FACT. that is why they dance for people. for their Masters

holy crap...what are you smoking mate??? I never knew i am the master of both bolywood and holywood...kind of feeling like a master now :) ...b/w i recently watched "Bol"..must say amazing movie...wait that made me master of lolywood..right???

Grow up man...I have literally grown up on Pakistani plays...they are way too good...and indian one suck's...this is a fact..won't make me any less indian....

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I think art and music should stay away from politics and should not belong to sepcific region/peoples..Nusrat fateh ali khan was pakistani but his music should be for everyone who want to listen him :)

and it is...don't bother explaining things..bunch of kids on the loose...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom