What's new

Boko Haram leader says missing Nigerian schoolgirls converted to Islam

This reminds me of the old witch test.
Woman would be tied, weighed down with a stone and thrown into a river. If she sank (which she did) she was a witch, and if by some miracle she surfaced, she was deemed innocent, the lord decided so.
Safe to say, there were not many miracles.

God was an extended break during the Dark Ages.Good thing humanity started to clock in working hours by herself eventually.

God was an extended break during the Dark Ages.Good thing humanity started to clock in working hours by herself eventually.

Such a sorry era for the whole human race. We would have been colonizing at least the planets of our solar system if not the stars if we wouldn't have lost those 1000 years.

Such a sorry era for the whole human race. We would have been colonizing at least the planets of our solar system if not the stars if we wouldn't have lost those 1000 years.

I don't blame religion,i blame man,the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the germanic tribes which took it down.Imagine Rome going forward from the 5th century onwards.

I don't blame religion,i blame man,the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the germanic tribes which took it down.Imagine Rome going forward from the 5th century onwards.

It would have stagnated because there would not have been an Industrial revolution. You need intellectual property right, the rule of law, scientific revolution and an advance maritime system if Rome was to survive. If the Mongols have not Invaded Song Dynasty China then China would have been the first Industrial nation. Rome would be fucked then. The Arab would have invaded the most prosperous parts Rome in the 7th century AD anyways (N.Africa, Syria, Asia Minor and IMO more importantly Egypt, by far the most important region of Rome as it dependent on it's grains and had the largest urban population and literacy hence tax revenue),.

BTW your right, the Germanic tribes practically put West Eurasia into darkness regardless of religion because they destroyed not only centuries old infrastructure but the means and idea of creating them. They sacked much of the important like the Gothic invasion of Greece. The Vandal Germanic even destroyed Urban populations and learning institutions in N.Africa (Carthage).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom