What's new

Boeing Quietly Delivers 3rd P-8I to India, Second P-8I delivered this month

These allegations of no freedom are based on what? Pakistani experiences or does one have any other proof's for it. If it's based on Pakistan than one can say the US places restrictions for everything that it gives to Pakistan be it aid money or any assistance.

No radar source codes, no custom weapons on their MMRCA fighters, EUM restrictions, frequent controls of US aircrafts that we procure, the fact that they wanted to decide where the US engines for LCA could be used, the fact that they don't supply us with long range weapons that even Gulf countries gets. One can also add that F35s maintenance will be done in special maintenance hubs only, which means we would need to send them to Italy, or possibly Japan, if IN would get them, that they control UAV operations, even of export customers of the Reaper drones, or that they denied upgrades of French navies E-2 AWACS (a NATO country!)... ... ...

And I didn't even mentioned the problems we had in the last war because of their sanctions, which effected our forces!

P-8i: India’s Navy Picks Its Future High-End Maritime Patrol Aircraft

Latest Updates:

3rd plane delivered; Pentagon testers says that the P-8A has big problems. It could still be very useful to India – though there is ONE problem that really has to be fixed.

Jan 23/14: Testing. Bloomberg News reports that an unreleased copy of the Pentagon’s annual DOT&E report isn’t positive for the P-8A. DOT&E chief Michael Gilmore reports that the P-8 still exhibits “all of the major deficiencies” identified in last year’s report, and is “not effective [DID: does not meet stated criteria] for the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance mission and is not effective for wide area anti-submarine search”.

To review, DOT&E’s FY 2012 annual report (q.v. Jan 17/13) focused on the P-8 sensors’ ability to work as advertised, and to work together. The main radar has track-while-scan deficiencies, problems with high-resolution image quality, radar pointing errors that were especially troublesome over land and in littoral regions, and cross-cue errors with the MX-20HD surveillance turret. The MX-20HD itself had issues with auto-track integration, and interference was making it hard for the AN/ALQ-240(V)1 ESM systems to accurately pinpoint radars and communications sources around the plane.

Reactions in India were as negative as one might image, but that doesn’t mean the P-8is are useless to India. The P-8i’s speed, sensors, and civil airspace compatibility could still allow them to act as important adjuncts, and may even make them more useful than existing Tu-142/IL-38 aircraft, even if they don’t match the advanced American standards set for them. USN Lt. Caroline Hutcheson says the P-8s “fully met” the criteria for “effective” patrols, which is not the same as DOT&E’s definition of “effective” as “meeting all contracted capabilities”.

Unfortunately, Bloomberg’s report didn’t discuss the P-8′s deficiencies in detail, and the FY 2012 report cited a main P-8 fuel tank that overheats in hot weather during grounding and low-level flight. That’s not a great feature in India, and would be a real problem for the P-8i if it hasn’t been fixed. Sources: Bloomberg, “Boeing Surveillance Plane Found Not Effective for Mission”. Sources: Bloomberg, “Boeing Surveillance Plane Found Not Effective for Mission” | India’s Business Standard, “Pentagon report: Indian Navy’s new submarine hunter is ineffective”.

Latest Updates:

3rd plane delivered; Pentagon testers says that the P-8A has big problems. It could still be very useful to India – though there is ONE problem that really has to be fixed.

Jan 23/14: Testing. Bloomberg News reports that an unreleased copy of the Pentagon’s annual DOT&E report isn’t positive for the P-8A. DOT&E chief Michael Gilmore reports that the P-8 still exhibits “all of the major deficiencies” identified in last year’s report, and is “not effective [DID: does not meet stated criteria] for the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance mission and is not effective for wide area anti-submarine search”.

To review, DOT&E’s FY 2012 annual report (q.v. Jan 17/13) focused on the P-8 sensors’ ability to work as advertised, and to work together. The main radar has track-while-scan deficiencies, problems with high-resolution image quality, radar pointing errors that were especially troublesome over land and in littoral regions, and cross-cue errors with the MX-20HD surveillance turret. The MX-20HD itself had issues with auto-track integration, and interference was making it hard for the AN/ALQ-240(V)1 ESM systems to accurately pinpoint radars and communications sources around the plane.

Reactions in India were as negative as one might image, but that doesn’t mean the P-8is are useless to India. The P-8i’s speed, sensors, and civil airspace compatibility could still allow them to act as important adjuncts, and may even make them more useful than existing Tu-142/IL-38 aircraft, even if they don’t match the advanced American standards set for them. USN Lt. Caroline Hutcheson says the P-8s “fully met” the criteria for “effective” patrols, which is not the same as DOT&E’s definition of “effective” as “meeting all contracted capabilities”.

Unfortunately, Bloomberg’s report didn’t discuss the P-8′s deficiencies in detail, and the FY 2012 report cited a main P-8 fuel tank that overheats in hot weather during grounding and low-level flight. That’s not a great feature in India, and would be a real problem for the P-8i if it hasn’t been fixed. Sources: Bloomberg, “Boeing Surveillance Plane Found Not Effective for Mission”. Sources: Bloomberg, “Boeing Surveillance Plane Found Not Effective for Mission” | India’s Business Standard, “Pentagon report: Indian Navy’s new submarine hunter is ineffective”.

Meanwhile smoke smoulders from the destroyed P3s.

I guess you haven't forgot the mid-air collision of two indian navy IL-38 aircraft in Goa was the ''worst naval aircraft accident in naval aviation history''.

And then we have the eyerie smoldering as the main course. Not top mention the pakistani SIGNIT aircraft we shot down.

And then we have the eyerie smoldering as the main course. Not top mention the pakistani SIGNIT aircraft we shot down.

We are killed by the enemy. At least we don't kill ourselves like the indian navy because of incompetence.

We are killed by the enemy. At least we don't kill ourselves like the indian navy because of incompetence.

Yeah that's why your navy exists. :rofl:

If you want to troll, buzz off. In couple of years even IN air wing will be bigger and better than PAF. Accidents happen.
Min reason is port congestion. Expanding navy strains our maintenance capability.

Although I hate to be off-topic , but there are multiple cases of destruction of PN due to the so called incompetence .

Meanwhile smoke smoulders from the destroyed P3s.

Sometimes I wonder why out of 1000 million Indians PDF has been blessed by the ones without brains.

Although I hate to be off-topic , but there are multiple cases of destruction of PN due to the so called incompetence .

Do you know the meaning of incompetence.

It is when your submarine goes down while in port and you do not even know what happened or do not want to know.

Do you know the meaning of incompetence.

It is when your submarine goes down while in port and you do not even know what happened or do not want to know.

PNS Ghazi , PN ship sunk by PAF says hello .

Look at the reasons given by PN about loss of Ghazi and the PN ship was not sunk but damaged beyond repair .

PNS Zulfiqar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is news for me and I shall check from my sources. The reference mentioned are Indian therefore I shall not comment at the moment. Lets wait and see what comes up, if I am successful in getting any information.

This is news for me and I shall check from my sources. The reference mentioned are Indian therefore I shall not comment at the moment. Lets wait and see what comes up, if I am successful in getting any information.

Let me help you by giving a Pakistani source, a PAF pilot no less :D

The Fighter Gap 2

Back
Top Bottom