What's new

Boeing all for made-in-India F-18s fighter jets for IAF

I am so, so, SO ready for a Boeing, or LM partnership with a company like TATA to integrate and test a full system, not just module fabrication and testing.

Last edited:

I am so, so, SO ready for a Boeing, or LH partnership with a company like TATA to integrate and test a full system, not just module fabrication and testing.

We have to play smartly here. We need technology and they need market, plus India can become cheap manufacturing base to the world !

We have to play smartly here. We need technology and they need market, plus India can become cheap manufacturing base to the world !

Even more than technology, India needs another serious aerospace integrator, other than just HAL. A brand spanking new manufacturing plant, under the wing of Boeing or LM, that can integrate/test helicopters like Chinook, or one that integrates/tests a fighter like F18s is just as good. We all know they'll prefer TATA's Aerospace division as well,

Guy says it perfectly, 1:10 -

Last edited:
In hindsight they should of just bought the rights to manufacture the Mirage 2000-5/9. It's basically on even terms or better than Tejas in my opinion

mirage2000_3.jpg

tried and couldn't

Sir,
First of all my intentions were not to hurt your or for that matter any other member's feelings.I have got nothing against PAF although i do admit that i don't have any particular affinity toward it only because it belongs to our adversary.Nowhere in my post i have made any derogatory remarks against PAF.What i have stated are hard cold facts which was stated by one of your own AVMs in his memoirs.Being a mature member i think you also know that deep down in your heart.It's the exact reason why PAF didn't come to the rescue of the Pakistani soldiers during the Kargil conflict thus exposing them to constant Indian aerial bombardments.If the PAF had received the required spares from the USA then i am quite sure that it would have intervened on behalf of the Pakistani soldiers at that time.This is the exact reason why your Air Force has developed the JF-17 with the Chinese and is leaning for buying more Chinese aircraft.
We simply don't want this to happen to our front line fighters and that too in the time of a real conflict.The Yankees can never become a trusted ally of our country unlike Russia or for that matter Israel.Heck,they were the ones who blocked the sale of the Arrow BMD system a few years back and now they are deliberately blocking the sale of ELTA-2052 AESA radar needed for our LCA MK-1A/2 aircraft:coffee:!!
Hi,

Using your analogy of sanctions, then you're already doomed !

P8 apaches, Chinooks, c17s spooky gunships

Hi,

Using your analogy of sanctions, then you're already doomed !

P8 apaches, Chinooks, c17s spooky gunships
Sir
I do agree with you view in this matter,we are already fcuked up in a way :(but the only silver lining is that we haven't yet bought any front line equipment like fighters or MBTs from the USA.

Sir
I do agree with you view in this matter,we are already fcuked up in a way :(but the only silver lining is that we haven't yet bought any front line equipment like fighters or MBTs from the USA.
Hi,

Not really the defence establishment knows very well what they're into. As I have mentioned given the deepening of ties plus Chinese factors. American will go a step ahead in ensuring and beefing up Indian security requirements.

But, yes that will come at a price. The stringent export regulations they have

Hi,

Not really the defence establishment knows very well what they're into. As I have mentioned given the deepening of ties plus Chinese factors. American will go a step ahead in ensuring and beefing up Indian security requirements.

But, yes that will come at a price. The stringent export regulations they have
Sir,
Personally i would never believe the intentions of the USA because of it's checkered past and its dubious records of dumping it's close allies in their time of need.Just look at South Vietnam or Saddam Hussein's Iraq in this regard!!I just wonder if our Govt. has really thought about all the pros and cons before signing all these deals with the USA:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom