What's new

Body Armour

so has any thing changed in last five years or we still are producing those old 1995 era vests
@Quwa @tamir
I've occasionally seen photos of current gen (by Western standards) body armour in use by some Pak military personnel, but it doesn't seem widespread. Also, I'm not sure if they're locally sourced or imported.

I've occasionally seen photos of current gen (by Western standards) body armour in use by some Pak military personnel, but it doesn't seem widespread. Also, I'm not sure if they're locally sourced or imported.
Can you share those pictures ?

Can you share those pictures ?
12742733_841222125989973_8860840761378385140_n.jpg

Looks like there is no SAPI (Small Arms Protective Insert) in the vest. Otherwise there wouldn't be any folds in the vest.

bro i know i am asking alot but can you do a piece on Pakistan military body armor and their capabilities vs other international systems.

12742733_841222125989973_8860840761378385140_n.jpg

Looks like there is no SAPI (Small Arms Protective Insert) in the vest. Otherwise there wouldn't be any folds in the vest.
There are no SAPI because those guys were on site for a music video. @Zarvan There are quite a few pics, just scan through the Pakistan Military Multimedia thread from the past 12-18 months.

so has any thing changed in last five years or we still are producing those old 1995 era vests
@Quwa @tamir
Several types have been introduced... Apart from the Interceptors which are although in service with army but standard with the FC KPK..

New vests are now being provided to the troops on frontline duties .. While others are also getting them ... Check out the Pak mil multimedia thread for real time updates.

Several types have been introduced... Apart from the Interceptors which are although in service with army but standard with the FC KPK..

New vests are now being provided to the troops on frontline duties .. While others are also getting them ... Check out the Pak mil multimedia thread for real time updates.
12729257_10153710414699130_1476890151380593889_n.jpg

What is this best and How good is it ?
@DESERT FIGHTER and @Quwa

12729257_10153710414699130_1476890151380593889_n.jpg

What is this best and How good is it ?
@DESERT FIGHTER and @Quwa
This looks like a plate carrier, without any SAPI plate. Which defeat entire purpose of wearing it. Plus, wearing black carriers and Black knee and elbow pads on camouflage uniform is not only unprofessional but also defeats the the purpose of having a camouflage uniform.
images

This looks like a plate carrier, without any SAPI plate. Which defeat entire purpose of wearing it. Plus, wearing black carriers and Black knee and elbow pads on camouflage uniform is not only unprofessional but also defeats the the purpose of having a camouflage uniform.
images
Can it stop bullets or not and if yes of which caliber at maximum it can stop

Can it stop bullets or not and if yes of which caliber at maximum it can stop
It can only stop bullet if there is a SAPI plate in it. Standard issue SAPI's in US military is for protection against 7.62 round. Without SAPI this thing is pretty much extra weight. If lucky,it may stop some low velocity shrapnel.

P1010365-1.jpg

It can only stop bullet if there is a SAPI plate in it. Standard issue SAPI's in US military is for protection against 7.62 round. Without SAPI this thing is pretty much extra weight. If lucky,it may stop some low velocity shrapnel.

P1010365-1.jpg
Is Pakistan producing Bullet Proof Jackets with SAPI plates in them ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom