What's new

BNP goes gaga over US honour

Zabaniyah

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The main opposition BNP yesterday brought out a triumphal procession to celebrate the special honour given by a state senate of the US to its Chairperson Khaleda Zia for her contribution to establish democracy.

Thousands of leaders, workers and supporters of BNP and its front and associate bodies took part in the procession, which started from the party's central office at Nayapaltan and ended at Jatiya Press Club.

Party's standing committee member Nazrul Islam Khan addressed a rally before the procession. He termed the honour a rare gesture as it happened for the first time in last 166 years.

New Jersey State Senate on May 23 honoured Khaleda Zia, now in USA, as a fighter for democracy.

Both the treasury bench and opposition members unanimously adopted a resolution honouring Khaleda Zia, mentioned party Vice-chairman Shamser Mobin Chowdhury, also a member of her entourage.

Acting Secretary General of BNP Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir also greeted the party chief for her successful trips to the UK and the US.

“Her visits will boost the relations between Bangladesh and these countries. The honour given by the New Jersey Senate to Khaleda Zia for her contribution to establish democracy, combat terrorism and empowerment of women made the countrymen proud,” he said in a statement issued yesterday.

Nice title.

BNP goes gaga over US honour

French give Hasina award. Americans give Khaleda award.

Interesting. Fascinating.
Because the French are losers sucking up to Indians.

I think someone in new delhi is deeply disjointed and all attempts of propaganda has failed while AL traitors are being exposed day and night.

The US honours so many good leaders.

Wikileaks indicates the types they do!

It is so natural for underdeveloped countries, developing to get a pat on the back and ride piggyback to cosmetic fame!

It is natural and it has nothing to do with the whiteman pat syndrome or a colonialist mindset, let me hasten to add.

I think someone in new delhi is deeply disjointed and all attempts of propaganda has failed while AL traitors are being exposed day and night.

Delhi has nothing do with who the whiteman praises.

BTW the New Jersey Senate is the US?

It is like Baluchis stating Khaleda is a great woman!

Baluchis = Pakistan?

If BNP come back to office next time then they should elect prof. Yonus as President.

Genius :D

I prefer the British or even the Germans better.

Certainly his personal image, connection and credibility can not be harmful to Bangladesh. If he becomes president then at least we will have someone with pre-established personality. I do not know what's in the mind of Begum Zia but she already raised Prof. Yonus issue in international forum. I think arrogant la-hasina made a blunder here. BNP can bank on his issue, gain support from international community and then go all out movement for mid term election along with Islamic parties. History can be made here. ;)

I liked her interview with Voice of America. She answered everything in a simplistic manner. I also liked her attitude that BD and America should work directly instead of Dada middleman. Seems like she could make it clear to Mr. Robert Blake.

I liked her interview with Voice of America. She answered everything in a simplistic manner. I also liked her attitude that BD and America should work directly instead of Dada middleman. Seems like she could make it clear to Mr. Robert Blake.

So you agree that Begum Zia is presidential, articulate and effective leader unlike, lets us say big mouth arrogant Hasina. ;)

Let us at least agree on this. :cheers:

So you agree that Begum Zia is presidential, articulate and effective leader unlike, lets us say big mouth arrogant Hasina. ;)

Let us at least agree on this. :cheers:

I think both of them played their innings and its time now for fresh blood.. YOU interested? :)

If BNP come back to office next time then they should elect prof. Yonus as President.

Not only BNP should restore Dr. Yunus, it should also stop Padma Bridge construction and all other development works started by AL govt. These works include many water treatment plants to supply pure water to the citizens. One such construction project has already started in CTG, two others in Khulna and Dhaka will start by the end of this year. BNP should also stop all the military procurements that this govt is doing.

BNP destroyed the future of BD by stealing money earmarked to build the power sector. Hawa Bhaban was responsible for collecting 10% as bribes for establishing any big private industry. I would prefer a pro-india, but progressive AL than an all-eating corrupt BNP. This party should be kept out of power for another half a century. It remains no more a party of Gen. Zia.

Not only BNP should restore Dr. Yunus, it should also stop Padma Bridge construction and all other development works started by AL govt. These works include many water treatment plants to supply pure water to the citizens. One such construction project has already started in CTG, two others in Khulna and Dhaka will start by the end of this year. BNP should also stop all the military procurements that this govt is doing.

BNP destroyed the future of BD by stealing money earmarked to build the power sector. Hawa Bhaban was responsible for collecting 10% as bribes for establishing any big private industry. I would prefer a pro-india, but progressive AL than an all-eating corrupt BNP. This party should be kept out of power for another half a century. It remains no more a party of Gen. Zia.

I can conclude that you are not a well wisher of current BNP. I think Jamuna bridge got completed during BNP regime so I would not think that they will stop developing project.

Unfortunately current Awami is nothing but Dalal party of Bharat so you as a Bangladeshi nationalist can not support that party either.

Awami has done enough damaged to the country for last two years. As a result it will be ousted by the people by next election.

To be fair, BNP is a centre right political group which favours the business class and the elites. Look, BNP had some issues, but I would rather have the assets amongst bangladeshi people rather than loaning it out to ill minded foreigners. 10% bribe is not all bad, compared to selling of the country.

I have to agree with iajdani. They already had their chances for around 10 years each, its time for new blood to take over and steer bangladesh forward

Back
Top Bottom