What's new

BMD tested successfully

Ok thanks. I have some other work to do now. I will post my envelope calculations later (incl) 3rd stage and we can discuss it later.
Ok thats fine. Tag me when you are back.
Just to mention that we did re-check calculations by comparison with Rim size of TEl which are standard for the type of trucks used on Shaheen-3.
So pretty sure about the figures above , with a 10% error margine.

Here is breakdown of dimensions in length.

PicsArt_02-12-02.15.00.jpg

Also by these calculations it can be seen that shaheen-3 is less than a meter longer than Shaheen-2 and 10 cm wider. But has 750 km more range due to introduction of a third stage and reduction of warhead size.

Last edited:
Ok thats fine. Tag me when you are back.
Just to mention that we did re-check calculations by comparison with Rim size of TEl which are standard for the type of trucks used on Shaheen-3.
So pretty sure about the figures above , with a 10% error margine.

Here is breakdown of dimensions in length.

View attachment 376344

Also by these calculations it can be seen that shaheen-3 is less than a meter longer than Shaheen-2 and 10 cm wider. But has 750 km more range due to introduction of a third stage and reduction of warhead size.

Thanks thats the picture i wanted 3.15 metres is the third stage and assume liquid fuelled.

You are saying shaheen - 3 is 3 stage to begin with, do you have evidence for this? I don't see a 3rd stage on the picture on the far right:

2017-06-2-23-36-32-jpeg.375200

Thanks thats the picture i wanted 3.15 metres is the third stage and assume liquid fuelled.

You are saying shaheen - 3 is 3 stage to begin with, do you have evidence for this? I don't see a 3rd stage on the picture on the far right:

2017-06-2-23-36-32-jpeg.375200
Shaheen-3 was made three stage missile same way as Agni-5 . By cramming a third stage in the top triangle.

PicsArt_02-12-02.42.03.jpg

The third stage is from the arrow mark to where the black cable runner ends.
The warhead sits on top.

you have to put interceptor in the path of a warhead flying at 4 times its own speed.... if the warhead changes path just before re-entry how are you going to that in final 20 seconds...

I hope you understand what non sense means

Exactly. And you expect the intercepting missile not to be getting feed of course correction, not to mention close in velocity precluding too much variations in glide path of target missile due to paucity of time and coolly ignore the fact of it being a two tiered structure? Remember interceptor is not in chase mode

Until and unless you are secondary input to MIRVs wherein their course correction is in real time as per threat assessment. So you mean to say you have made MIRVs like that? Then you may as well talk of Indian plans of reusable missiles

Yeah I get the nonsense when I see it.

speed is important caz its related to your radars ability to track.. any thing faster than mach 15 can be presumed to be untrackable

mid course decoys are deployed in space. even radar reflective balloons can be made to look exactly like warhead and would travel at same speed as war head in state of weightlessness in space..

mirv would give many warheads per missile. it will not over whelm radar (speed should do that) it will over whelm the capacity of your launchers... you don't have a chance to re load

manouverability... yes ...whole idea of defeating an ABM would rest on keep making the defender guessing to maximum time thus reducing the response time... if warhead changes trajectory several times especially just before re entry.... at mach 15, war head will take 20-25 seconds to impact.... that's a ridiculously low response time to calculate the final trajectory and get an interceptor in its way (speed is important here too)...

with passage of time you might see a back firing motor (in addition to already present side firing ones, on shaheen and ababeel, which are responsible for changing trajectory) to increase speed further.....

you have to put interceptor in the path of a warhead flying at 4 times its own speed.... if the warhead changes path just before re-entry how are you going to that in final 20 seconds...

I hope you understand what non sense means
There are time tested techniques to nullify that, I hope you are aware of that too.

May I point out That this is prototype 03 of Indian PDV and had many changes from PDV 01?
I won't be specific, but Indian members here can spend some time and look at the pics below , point out the improvement and write the reasons, definitions and speculations.

View attachment 376326
Nobody will have critical Changes information and if someone have, they will not disclose it due to obvious reasons. Hope that is well understood.

Shaheen-3 was made three stage missile same way as Agni-5 . By cramming a third stage in the top triangle.

View attachment 376351
The third stage is from the arrow mark to where the black cable runner ends.
The warhead sits on top.

Thanks final question, what diameter is Shaheen III/Ababeel (stage sections). I have gathered a few other numbers I need, I think I just need this one and can proceed with a best case scenario envelope.

Really, the typical Indian mentality of washing the soap before hands on display again, remember what you people were mouthing off when Tejas first flew some 20 years earlier, but i guess you creatures never learn. One test and you think you have achieved it all......it's easy to target a missile when you know exactly which direction and when it's flying, not something that will strike out of the blue....weekend warriors and their wet dreams. LoL.
One test? Pretty sure about that?

Exactly. And you expect the intercepting missile not to be getting feed of course correction, not to mention close in velocity precluding too much variations in glide path of target missile due to paucity of time and coolly ignore the fact of it being a two tiered structure? Remember interceptor is not in chase mode

Until and unless you are secondary input to MIRVs wherein their course correction is in real time as per threat assessment. So you mean to say you have made MIRVs like that? Then you may as well talk of Indian plans of reusable missiles

Yeah I get the nonsense when I see it.

Real time ... 20 seconds 6.2 km / second... a half a second delay means missing target by 3.1 km.... yeah you tell me what real time bolltwood bullshit u are taliking about.... complete and utter non sense

Well, It looks India BMD is getting mature after this test at least against some types of Pakistani missile.
However both countries should not over estimate their own technologies and capabilities as well as should not underestimate other's capabilities too.

I believe still Ababeel Missile's danger exists there in form of offensive actions against India.
while Pakistan is under threat due to Indian BM as well as it does not possess BMD technology.

MIRV is a threat against Indian PAD Tech.
While Pakistan obviously has Offensive capability but lacks right now defence against BM from enemies side.

Back
Top Bottom