What's new

BMD tested successfully

Hi!
I never claimed that K-15 had any servo controlled nozzle. The only missiles in indian inventory to possess that is Agni-4,5 and K-4.
Btw,have a look at this launcher(TCT-5 canisterized launcher for A-5)-
http://i.imgur.com/jpwkYF6.gif
As far as I remember there was a CAD model of flex nozzle of Agni-5 that I remember seeing in one of the seminars. if you search hard,I am sure you can find the pics.
Hi shaheen!
here is a pic of ISRO's rocket that has flex nozzles implemented via servo control-Kindly note similar system is in place with Agni-4,5 and K-4
http://i.imgur.com/m3DkhHK.png
Also by "Real thrust vectoring" i meant a missile that can do this.
3dp_lockheed_trident_launch-e1458624255935.jpg

Also by "Real thrust vectoring" i meant a missile that can do this.
Hi shaheen!
They can do this because of the simple reason that they have got flex nozzle implemented by servomechanism. All of India's strategic missiles that were designed recently in past 5-8 years have got this. So this manuevre can be exhibited by K-4 as well.
However what makes Trident an awesome SLBM is not itz flex nozzle but itz entire composite structure coupled with that telescopic aerospike(A very famous american invention and patent!).Besides It's very very compact for the range it can go and deliver it's deadly payload!
Kindly go through these pics to know more about existence of servo controlled nozzle in ISRO's solid rocket. I have seen elaborate CAD models for DRDO's servo control mechanism as well in their exhibitions and seminars.
I wonder ,why doesnt pakistani research establishments ever release detailed engineering drawings of their rocket motors or nozzles.But as @The Deterrent pointed out,I guess they never felt the need to do so.
http://i.imgur.com/HCDn8PS.png

Hi shaheen!
They can do this because of the simple reason that they have got flex nozzle implemented by servomechanism. All of India's strategic missiles that were designed recently in past 5-8 years have got this. So this manuevre can be exhibited by K-4 as well.
However what makes Trident an awesome SLBM is not itz flex nozzle but itz entire composite structure coupled with that telescopic aerospike(A very famous american invention and patent!).Besides It's very very compact for the range it can go and deliver it's deadly payload!
Kindly go through these pics to know more about existence of servo controlled nozzle in ISRO's solid rocket. I have seen elaborate CAD models for DRDO's servo control mechanism as well in their exhibitions and seminars.
I wonder ,why doesnt pakistani research establishments ever release detailed engineering drawings of their rocket motors or nozzles.But as @The Deterrent pointed out,I guess they never felt the need to do so.
The examples you are giving are of an under development system,not a deployed one.

The examples you are giving are of an under development system,not a deployed one.
Hi!
Agni-4 is a deployed system. Agni-5 will get deployed very soon as the development trials have been finished. K-4 also has finished the development trials and will commence deployment aboard INS arihant very soon. You see,my point was both DRDO and ISRO have the technical competencies to design such a system and implement it. There can be no better proof than detailed engineering drawing from a ISRO magazine. Again as I mentioned in my post above all the strategic missiles designed in recent past have this feature. The current research effort here in india is geared towards all composites structure,telescopic aerospike,and MIRV.

agniii.png

Exhaust nozzle of Agni-5 closeup. Its surrounded by solid plate. How does it flex?

Hi shaheen!
Btw.. There is a clear evidence of Flex nozzle on another Indian Ballistic missile but i wont give it out and let some Indian find it :D

Real time ... 20 seconds 6.2 km / second... a half a second delay means missing target by 3.1 km.... yeah you tell me what real time bolltwood bullshit u are taliking about.... complete and utter non sense

Exactly ... thanks for saying exactly what I said. So until and unless Pakistan has MIRVs that have significant manoeuvring capabilities (apart from the post boost phase 'bus' which will anyways be in very limited quantities) the three points (phases of a ballistic trajectory) of interception of a Ballistic Missile, today, are covered by technology available with India.

Issue is, the success rate. And the costs. How much and till what level does India want to spend, that shall define the success today.

So "bolltwood" bullshit or not ..... Utter nonsense from the post that I quoted initially.

And that is Bollywood.:haha:

For those who really want a rudimentary knowledge of a BMD system. A simple link:

https://www.aspi.org.au/publication...what-should-australias-policy-be/SI71_BMD.pdf

Ciao.

Off to my hover mode!:lazy2:

Exactly ... thanks for saying exactly what I said. So until and unless Pakistan has MIRVs that have significant manoeuvring capabilities (apart from the post boost phase 'bus' which will anyways be in very limited quantities) the three points (phases of a ballistic trajectory) of interception of a Ballistic Missile, today, are covered by technology available with India.

Issue is, the success rate. And the costs. How much and till what level does India want to spend, that shall define the success today.

So "bolltwood" bullshit or not ..... Utter nonsense from the post that I quoted initially.

For those who really want a rudimentary knowledge of a BMD system. A simple link:

https://www.aspi.org.au/publication...what-should-australias-policy-be/SI71_BMD.pdf

Ciao.

I am surprised how much you guys can boast after shooting down a slow moving Prithvi missile.
Pakistan won't fire a prithvi sloth at you.

Ciao.

U can take a horse to water... making it drink is another matter

U can take a horse to water... making it drink is another matter
Hi,
Should. I throw a challenge to these Indian techies about their own missiles? I am sure none of them will be able to answer :D

We get some low res short vids and pics about our missiles and still get ton of data out of them.
On the other hand Indians get so much more and yet they can't prove anything when asked

Exhaust nozzle of Agni-5 closeup. Its surrounded by solid plate. How does it flex?
Hi Shaheen!
you still doubt that A-4 and 5 doesnt sport flex nozzles with servo mechanism?Really? Well Thats not a "solid plate" my friend(refering to your picture above). Itz heat skirt and yes it can flex. The nozzle of Agni-4 and 5 can flex. The deflection of the nozzle wont be much but it is enough to pitch and yaw the missile. Btw,designing such a sensitive servo control for nozzle isnt that easy for strategic missile!
PS- Did you know the very first agni-3 missile test back in 2006 failed because of absence of any kind of thermal skirt in missile. This led some of the exhaust gases from itz flex nozzles to enter the motor and fry the control electronics that controlled the nozzle. They fixed this issue by applying a heat skirt to prevent any gases from entering the motor.
Booster.png

Here is another pic. Full engineering design of the system deployed on smaller prithvi missile-
Prithvi engine gimball thurst vectoring.jpg

Heck even older Prithvis had flex nozzles! I am sure Now all your doubts have been cleared?
PS-Kindly note what I have posted now is already available and published in the form of papers,jounrals,magazines and seminars. I havent even touched the part that has still not come out in open--yes I'm alluding to A-6 and K-5!

Last edited:
Hi Shaheen!
you still doubt that A-4 and 5 doesnt sport flex nozzles with servo mechanism?Really? Well Thats not a "solid plate" my friend(refering to your picture above). Itz heat skirt and yes it can flex. The nozzle of Agni-4 and 5 can flex. The deflection of the nozzle wont be much but it is enough to pitch and yaw the missile. Btw,designing such a sensitive servo control for nozzle isnt that easy for strategic missile!
PS- Did you know the very first agni-3 missile test back in 2006 failed because of absence of any kind of thermal skirt in missile. This led some of the exhaust gases from itz flex nozzles to enter the motor and fry the control electronics that controlled the nozzle. They fixed this issue by applying a heat skirt to prevent any gases from entering the motor.
View attachment 376556
Here is another pic. Full engineering design of the system deployed on smaller prithvi missile-
View attachment 376557
Heck even older Prithvis had flex nozzles! I am sure Now all your doubts have been cleared?
PS-Kindly note what I have posted now is already available and published in the form of papers,jounrals,magazines and seminars. I havent even touched the part that has still not come out in open--yes I'm alluding to A-6 and K-5!
:lol: Bingo.
You got that right.
Finally some Indian who came up with non refutable evidence.
Thermal skirt on Agni 4 has wire mesh which shows flexibility. Evidence of movable nozzle.
You have no idea how long I have waited for an Indian to come up with this which I observed long time ago.
All attempts of engaging Indians into decent well supported technical discussions end up in a mess.
Well done

Back
Top Bottom