What's new

Bloody Riots in Rawalpindi

Tiger Awan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD:

Protestors demonstrated against the hike in public transport fares in Islamabad on Friday.

The demonstrators burnt tyres and damaged public property.

Traffic was also disrupted on Islamabad's Murree Road, as protestors blocked the Faizabad area.

Meanwhile, police and Rangers took positions in Faizabad and police resorted to aerial firing and tear gas to disperse the demonstrators.

Rawalpindi police was also requested for assistance as Islamabad police ran short of tear gas shells, police source said.

A vehicle of the UN inspection team probing the murder of Benazir Bhutto was also attacked by the demonstrators.

The UN team returned to the airport in Islamabad after the attack and requested for security from the United States' embassy, sources said. — DawnNews

Yes although battle place is in Islamabad (in fact at the junction of Rawalpindi and Islamabad) but bulk of students are from Rawalpindi.

My friend told me that a 9 year old student was injured yesterday as police fired bullets straight at the Protesters. They did not use rubber bullets or tear gas. Really bad :cry::cry::cry:.

He is still in hospital and is serious too.

And how it becomes bloody war ???

have heart yara sometimes you guys act like

And how it becomes bloody war ???

have heart yara sometimes you guys act like

I am student of Rawalpindi and am seeing it.

5 students received bullets today at Faizabad. Nearest government hospital is at least 1.5 km away. But no ambulance. Shifted by students themselves. They are also in critical condition.

Cant use words like bloody still????

I thought the government reversed it's decision on the price hike.

It is the direct impact of media reporting Jana.
We should rather ask him, which media group he belongs to? :))

no develop country has total private owned public transport , Ayuab khan established and realized the need for state owned Public transport service ,but alas as of many of his work were destroyed later on by ''Great'' leaders of Pakistan .

Still no notification. Just a promise. And the way police is crushing students is pathetic.

well police might not do that if the students were in class studying rather then jumping up and down for just ''shugal'' i mean no need denying it we all been there , half of them wouldn't even have ever sat in a Public transport or paid the rent .

Still no notification. Just a promise. And the way police is crushing students is pathetic.
If they show decency like students....Why will police crush them...

Recent reports are these protesters are trying to get into peoples home. Heavy firing from residents. Is this protest or Ghuda gardi.??? Why the hell are you trying to enter innocent residents home.?? You have your problem with govt. Deal with the govt.

I mean no disrespect but the way boys were smashing windows of Banks and Cars i think it was more of a "Shugal"

Let's be realistic here, how many students do actually pay the fare.?

Politicians with vested interests are calling all the shots.

I am student of Rawalpindi and am seeing it.

5 students received bullets today at Faizabad. Nearest government hospital is at least 1.5 km away. But no ambulance. Shifted by students themselves. They are also in critical condition.

Cant use words like bloody still????

It is very sad incident.

I thought the government reversed it's decision on the price hike.

How can we keep on burdening govt. The prices are sky rocketing everywhere.

If we want development from where the money will come.?

It is problem of many nations, the only thing govt can do is to take public into confidence and cheap politicians and media should not allow to make this issue for their gains.

Let's be realistic here, how many students do actually pay the fare.?

Politicians with vested interests are calling all the shots.

I agree with you in this post, many places in India students tries to escape from plying fare.

And the politicians............... they are the only there to prevent a nation from development.

Back
Top Bottom