What's new

Blast proof Bridge for Kashmir's Chenab

This is simply amazing......I am glad they hired some Finish consultant. This can ensure timely construction.

Blast Proof??? There is nothing which is blast proof. May be to some small grenades but such a tall bridge can never be immune completely

What do u think? The terrorist will attack with cruise and ballistic missiles?

Err, ever heard about earthquack proof buildings?
They (such bridges) use more steel and less concrete ratio wise.
Similar to nuclear power plant.

Read the article again: The Hindu : News / National : Chenab rail bridge to be blast proof

Earth quake resistant structures are not all together immune to earth quake for your information. If epi center is any where close to the building with higher scale then it is bound to fail. Many such structures have failed in japan. There is nothing that is non destructible that is manmade. I hope you remember fukushima.

Earth quake resistant structures are not all together immune to earth quake for your information. If epi center is any where close to the building with higher scale then it is bound to fail. Many such structures have failed in japan. There is nothing that is non destructible that is manmade. I hope you remember fukushima.

Fukhishuma is a tsunami and the reactor failed cos of ingress of water...
Many buildings are earthquake proof in japan.. They can withstand upto 9 magnitude...

that depends on what our neighbors supply to them , actually maybe some of our neighbors on this forum can tell us

Maximum they can supply rockets... Considering it is made of steel, i hardly doubt it can cause whole destruction...

Back
Top Bottom