What's new

Blast in Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.
COme on Agno..Innocent people died there aleast some of the members here should have show them some respect by keeping their mouth shut about Kashmir and and what India sowand the conspiracy thearies..Did we every talked these kind of nonsense in any Pakistan bomb blast thread??This only shows the sick mentality of some finding enjoyment in some ones death...

Some did, those people can be ignored, that does not take away from the validity of my argument that the many Indians who criticized Pakistanis for accusing India of sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan without strong evidence should apply the same yardstick here.

Whether you guys choose to or not only reflects on your intellectual honesty.

Pakistan>>

Eight killed, over 20 injured in India terror attack

MUMBAI: Eight people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a terror attack in the Indian city of Pune, police and the government said Saturday.

The blast took place at the German Bakery in the Koregaon Park area of the city at about 6.30 pm (1300 GMT). The bakery is an established eatery and popular with foreigners.

“We heard a big noise and we all rushed out. The impact was so much that there were tiny body parts everywhere,” said Vinod Dhale, an employee at the bakery.

“It's a terror attack. A CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) team is being sent to Pune,” home secretary G.K. Pillai was quoted as saying by the domestic Press Trust of India news agency.

PTI quoted an unnamed official source as saying the blast was caused by an improvised explosive device.

A Maharashtra state police said an investigation was under way to establish the cause of the explosion and told AFP: “There has been a cylinder blast. We have eight people dead and 22 injured.”

Indian media reported that a number of foreigners were among the dead and the toll of injured could rise.

The bakery is located near Chabad House, a Jewish cultural and religious centre run by the orthodox Chabad-Lubavitch movement whose members were targeted in the November 2008 attacks in Mumbai.

Pune is about 100 kilometres (60 miles) southeast of Mumbai. –Agencies

DAWN.COM | World | Eight killed, over 20 injured in India terror attack

If personal attack is what a freak like you wants then so be it.....God what a penis.

This is what was posted

Thats all.........so please stop behaving like a fool that you are

No this was what was posted. And who said "What a looney" first.. So stop sermonizing about personal insults.

News sources are reporting Maoist rebels claiming responsibility for the unfortunate attack in Pune, India.

Hopefully the Maoist will show some mercy and Indian Government deals with this Maoist/Naxalite threat soon and if Indian Government truly believes Chinese back Naxalites they must address this with China as well.

Plz post a link.....

who's the fool now.??

Israel>>

8 killed in India explosion
By AP AND JPOST.COM STAFF
13/02/2010 19:51

A powerful explosion ripped through a crowded bakery in the western Indian city of Pune on Saturday, killing at least eight people and injuring 32 others near a famed meditation center frequented by foreigners, an official said.

Ashok Chavan, the top elected official of Maharashtra state, said police were investigating whether it was a cooking gas cylinder that exploded by accident or a bomb.

But Press Trust of India quoted federal Home Secretary G.K. Pillai as saying that it was most probably a terror attack. Top police officer Rajender Sonawania was also quoted as saying the initial indications were that it was a bomb blast.

"But it's not confirmed," Sonawania told reporters.

India's financial hub Mumbai and other parts of Maharashtra state were put on high alert, said Chhagan Bhujbal, the state deputy chief minister.

The explosion occurred in German Bakery close to the Osho Ashram, a mediation center of a famed Indian guru, often frequented by foreigners.

Indian television news channels said the casualties included some foreigners.

Sonawania said "we are not sure about that, but police are trying to identify the nationalities of the victims."

The bakery and some nearby shops were badly damaged by the blast. Most of the victims were in the bakery.

PTI said the explosion site was splattered with thick patches of blood and severed limbs.
"I was traveling by an auto-rickshaw. I heard a loud explosion and the ground shook," said Santosh Kumar, who was injured in the blast.

Sonawania said the blast occurred around 7 p.m. local time. The injured have been hospitalized.

Pune is nearly 200 kilometers south of Mumbai.

A major terror attack in Mumbai in November 2008 killed 166 people, when terrorists took over a Chabad house in the city.

The explosion in the bakery on Saturday was about 100 meters away from the Chabad house of Pune.

The Israeli Consulate was checking if any of the victims were Israeli nationals.

8 killed in India explosion

France>>

Deadly blast rips popular eatery in western city of Pune

An explosion at a popular eatery in the western Indian city of Pune on a busy Saturday night killed at least eight people and wounded more than 30 others, according to police officials.
By FRANCE 24 (text)

A massive blast ripped through a popular bakery and restaurant in the western Indian city of Pune on a busy Saturday evening, killing at least eight people including at least one foreigner and wounding more than 30 others in the first major attack in India since the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks.

The blast occurred at the German Bakery, an eatery popular with tourists and local residents in the elite Koregaon Park area of the city.

The attack took place while the trendy eatery in the heart of downtown Pune was packed with Saturday night customers. The German Bakery, a landmark among Pune residents, is located not far from the Osho ashram – a popular spiritual centre frequented by Western nationals – and a Jewish centre.

"We heard a big noise and we all rushed out. The impact was so much that there were tiny body parts everywhere," Vinod Dhale, an employee at the bakery, told the Reuters news service.

Reporting from the site shortly after the attack, Inmtiaz Jaleel, a special correspondent for NDTV, a leading Indian news channel, told FRANCE 24 that the bakery was “very badly damaged and the area was covered in blood”.

Similarities in targeting and timing of attacks

Indian news organisations quoted security officials as saying a PVC bag was recovered in an abandoned auto-rickshaw near the site. The bag is believed to have contained the explosives.

No group has taken responsibility for the attack. But the target – a trendy eatery popular with tourists – mirrored some of the targets in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, in which nearly 200 people, including six foreign nationals, were killed.

Pune is situated 153 kilometres to the east of Mumbai. It is a heavily industrialised city based in Maharashtra, the state of which Mumbai is the capital.

Reporting from the Indian capital of New Delhi, FRANCE 24’s Vikram Singh said the German Bakery has the same profile as Mumbai’s Leopold Café, which was the first establishment to be attacked on November 26, 2008, marking the start of a prolonged series of attacks at popular tourist destinations in India’s commercial capital.

The German Bakery is located not far from the Chabad House, a Jewish centre run by the orthodox Chabad-Lubavitch movement whose members were targeted in the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

According to the Indian government, the 2008 Mumbai attacks were conducted by members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistan-based militant organisation.

“There are similarities in the targeting and timing between this attack and similar other attacks in the past that have been conducted by fundamentalist Islamist groups,” said Singh. “But so far, no group has stepped forward and claimed responsibility for this attack.”

France24 - Deadly blast rips popular eatery in western city of Pune

No this was what was posted. And who said "What a looney" first.. So stop sermonizing about personal insults.

who's the fool now.??

eeeerrrrr hello...........he replied "please post a link.......thats it...........

No one here is telepath and he did not eleborate on what he wanted a link, ie.e. to the map or the claim made........hence I looked and found him a link to the map...............this has been covered with weaponx in the above posts........

Anyway............I am not going to get into a tit for tat now as Emogirl has already made a request for control by people.....and hopefully if one does that the others may follow.....hence

adios

Ha Ha Ha....I live and travel in these parts......miliions like me do it daily... do not seen any commando , do not see any train being hijacked....It's just media hype.....I am hapy with the hype as atleast more funds are being pumped to modernize police.

these are trivial issue and will be dealt by local police. Period.

Do not make the mistake of calling these issues "trivial".The air force is authorized to fire at the maoists.Specialized forces called the grey -hounds are being used to hunt them down.The prime Minister has termed the naxalite movement as the greatest internal security threat to the country.
As far as the local police is concerned there is not much they can do with their WW2 guns.

hello do what the hell u want to do in UR OWN COUNTRY....got the point.....ask ur supported terrorists to plant bombs in ur contry only...WE DONT CARE....ok.....if u love them so much.....
but dont want ur supported terrorists to carry out attacks in India....

gujarat riots etc is India's internal matter to be solved...

Stop flaming - insurgencies within India are a fact. When people point them out and suggest they may be responsible then that is a legitimate argument based on fact.

Ranting about Pakistan sponsoring terrorists is pure and simple a flame, and if this continues I will be banning people - the same goes for Pakistanis accusing RAW of this on this thread. Stick to reasonable theories and discussions.

America>>

Eight killed in India restaurant blast

New Delhi, India (CNN) -- An explosion Saturday at an eatery in the western Indian city of Pune killed at least eight people and injured 33 others, authorities said.

"It appears to be a bomb blast, and bombs obviously are related to terrorism," said U.K. Bansal, special secretary for security in India's Interior Ministry.

Four of the dead were not from India, he told CNN.

Home Secretary G.K. Pillai told reporters that the explosives were packed in a bag noticed by a waiter at the popular eatery called the German Bakery. The explosion occurred about 7:30 p.m. local time Saturday.

Rajendra Sonawane, joint police commissioner for the city, said the blast struck the German Bakery in Pune's Koregaon Park, sister network CNN-IBN reported.

Initially, authorities thought a cooking gas cylinder had exploded at the bakery, but all cylinders were accounted for, according to CNN-IBN.

An anti-terrorism squad is assisting in the investigation, Chandra Iyengar, home secretary for Maharashtra state, told CNN. However, he wouldn't confirm the blast as a terrorist attack.

The German Bakery is frequented by tourists. It's near the Osho Ashram, a commune founded by the late Indian guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, who returned to India from the United States in the 1980s.

CNN's Harmeet Singh contributed to this report.

Eight killed in India restaurant blast - CNN.com

Some did, those people can be ignored, that does not take away from the validity of my argument that the many Indians who criticized Pakistanis for accusing India of sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan without strong evidence should apply the same yardstick here.

Whether you guys choose to or not only reflects on your intellectual honesty.

Agno i am not talking about the argument nor i am the mood to argue about it in this thread..I meant that people should atleast have the manners to respect those who died..We can talk about who sponsoring terrorism and kashmir issues in thousands of thread in this forum..Is this place should be converted for that?Agno can any one says the same thing about Pakistan when a bomb blast occur and you guys tolerate him?

Atleast show some respect to the dead..is it too much for asking??

China>>

8 killed in German bakery blast in India
English.news.cn 2010-02-14 00:05:25 FeedbackPrintRSS

NEW DELHI, Feb. 13 (Xinhua) -- At least eight people were killed and 20 injured when a "suspected bomb blast" ripped through a German Bakery in the western Indian city of Pune Saturday evening, said police.

The blast took place at the Koregaon Park area of the city and was initially suspected to have been caused by a gas cylinder, but it set the entire bakery on fire and trapped many victims, so police suspect it could be a bomb blast, said a police officer.

Police are launching an investigation into the blast.

8 killed in German bakery blast in India

eeeerrrrr hello...........he replied "please post a link.......thats it...........

No one here is telepath and he did not eleborate on what he wanted a link, ie.e. to the map or the claim made........hence I looked and found him a link to the map...............this has been covered with weaponx in the above posts........
Anyway............I am not going to get into a tit for tat now as Emogirl has already made a request for control by people.....and hopefully if one does that the others may follow.....hence

thanks for understanding your mistake and clearing with Weaponx. btw the map was in a different post and not in the post weaponx responded to. If you would have waited to read the context, before googling, you would have figured out the link he was asking for.. Anyway, no harm done...Lets leave it at this...

Stop flaming - insurgencies within India are a fact. When people point them out and suggest they may be responsible then that is a legitimate argument based on fact.

Ranting about Pakistan sponsoring terrorists is pure and simple a flame, and if this continues I will be banning people - the same goes for Pakistanis accusing RAW of this on this thread. Stick to reasonable theories and discussions.

i am not saying anything who is resopnsible....
i am saying if Pakistani terrorist organisations hand is there(which is something most likely and cant be dismissed) it should be taken up strongly with Pakistan and as strongly as the Mumbai attacks...(and if someone else,though very unlikely is there that also needs to be taken up extremely strongly....)

How will the Indian Government hold the Maoist perpetrators accountable to this horrific crime against humanity? Also how will India address and confront China about their serious alleged involvement in supporting the Tehreek e Maoist India (TMI)?

Indian Army sources and Media sources have in the past confirmed ties between Maoist and their sympathizers in China. Also a month ago some reliable sources in the Indian media reported Maoist attempting a small infiltration attempt in Pune and spreading the Maoistan influence there to destabilize India's economic key zones, it comes as no surprise this is also one of China's key intentions and goals and Indian intelligence sources admit.

Indian Government must bare the blame because they have once again failed to protect tourist and often it's citizens, they have shown incompetence and neglect about the Maoist threat and have done little to nothing to confront Beijing about this.

By not confronting China, unfortunately India is giving China a free-hand to destabilize key economic zones in India.

The national press reported that the Andhra Pradesh police, the Delhi police and the Intelligence Bureau, had nabbed this top Maoist from a hideout in Delhi the previous day, in a joint operation. They accused him of "preaching Maoism" in Pune, Nagpur, Mumbai, Patna, Bhubaneshwar and other places.

National Press confirming Maoist ideology being planted in Pune. Maoist are now stepping up their efforts in India's key urban and economic zones.

Edit: Link:Indian state's dual policy, target dissenters and ignore Hindu religious extremists - South Asia Citizens Web

Last edited:
this is a Pakistani forum and you have Pakistani flag under your username and in Urdu it means "i think you know it very well" :flame::flame:

MODs can decide the rest

MODs can change my ID if they want. But why are you after me? Go have some tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom