What's new

Blast in Faislabad!

Aslan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Geo reporting that a heavy blast have taken place in Faisalabad close to an area housing some important buildings. 50 injured so far, the reporter claiming that possibilities are of 3-4 deaths. Buildings close to the area suffered damage, and the blast was so strong that it flipped the cars over with people still in them. The blast took place close to a CNG station. Waiting conformation.

kamraattack_reut543.jpg

FAISALABAD: At least four people were killed and 17 were injured in an explosion that took place near the army recruitment centre in Faisalabad on Tuesday, DawnNews reported.

The explosion also damaged nearby buildings.

Police cordoned off the site of the blast and rescue officials were shifting the wounded to nearby hospitals.

The nature of the blast was yet to be determined.

Television reports showed piles of bricks, and chunks of twisted metal from cars strewn across the wrecked station.
At least four killed in Faisalabad blast | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

I've read the building near it completely collapsed. Some reports that it was a car bomb triggered near an ISI recruitment center. I also read it might be an explosion caused by some tanker.

New reports are saying 10 dead and 50 injured!

The Hindu : News / International : Car bomb kills 7 in east Pakistan: official

A Pakistani official says a car bomb has killed seven people in a major city in the country’s east.

The blast went off Tuesday at a gas station in Faisalabad. Government official Naseem Sadiq says 10 people were also wounded.

Pakistani TV showed piles of bricks, and chunks of twisted metal from cars strewn across the wrecked station.

Al-Qaeda and Taliban militants have carried out scores of suicide and other bombings in Pakistani cities, usually aiming at security forces.

But Faisalabad, a key hub for Pakistan’s textile industry, has rarely been targeted.

Inna Lilaaha wa inna elaihi rajeoon

very sad indeed

status

8 dead and 60 injured. :(

my house is near the place where blast took place. most of the windows are broken and the sound of blast was deafening.

this was bound to happen in faisalabad. this city probably has more extremists than entire fata region. walls all over the city are painted with slogans like "napak army murdabad", "taliban zindabad". i would try to upload some pics.

friday sermons in 90 percent mosques are only about fighting against infidals, government and army.

but no one seems to care.

So far all the officials have stayed away from confirming any thing. So lets wait and see what comes out. It could be anything, may be an explosion at the CNG station or just any thing ................................

At this point Geo is also saying that there are talks of a car present close to the station that looks like it was a blast in the car that caused it all.

INA LILLAH WA INA ELAHI RAJION

my house is near the place where blast took place. most of the windows are broken and the sound of blast was deafening.

this was bound to happen in faisalabad. this city probably has more extremists than entire fata region. walls all over the city are painted with slogans like "napak army murdabad", "taliban zindabad". i would try to upload some pics.

friday sermons in 90 percent mosques are only about fighting against infidals, government and army.

but no one seems to care.

How come I have never seen any such thing?

GEO news still saying it is a gas cylinder blast. What the hell.:frown:

Back
Top Bottom