What's new

Blast in Adezai kills 36

It had nothing to do with US WOT- the statement made by the taliban was - they attacked that funeral procession because it had a leader of a PRO PAKISTAN anti Taliban groups wife who was been taken away in that funeral procession. they attacked and killed your countries hero's . even if the Us all went away tomorrow, that group would remain anti taliban - probably a moderate group.

It has every thing to do with WOT. A war which is actually being fought against shadows. They attacked Pro govt Lashkar, and the govt is pro American so according to them by attacking these people they have attacked those who help America. Obviously the logic is totally flawed but still it comes back to the same place that it is America and it's so called war against terror which is destroying not only this region but also thousands of innocents are losing their lives because of those imbeciles in White House and Pentagon.

How Ironic is that; 40+ people have died in this incident but the thread has only reached 2 pages and I remember when Salman Taseer was killed, in 2 hours time, the thread had crossed 10 pages.

Did we become use to these killings or have we become so dumb that we don't consider them human beings and don't even care in shear arrogance to show grievance at least?

How Ironic is that; 40+ people have died in this incident but the thread has only reached 2 pages and I remember when Salman Taseer was killed, in 2 hours time, the thread had crossed 10 pages.

Did we become use to these killings or have we become so dumb that we don't consider them human beings and don't even care in shear arrogance to show grievance at least?

Well thousands have lost lives in our so called federally administered areas in drone attacks and nobody in the whole Pakistan cares about them. No wonder we are in this mess because of this attitude.

you are rigtht, and tehre might be anotehr explanation as well, since there have been so many of these incidents, people are kinda used to it. i think in teh last few days there have been many attaks in fata/kp.

@Ahmad. No matter the world has become a Godless world to live in.

An excerpt of the video below (the sister in the video talks in Urdu though).

I don't want my children to grow under fear in this kind of Pakistan. Please help me change the system, by protest and show of unity just like the Egyptians did. Pakistan needs a revolution to throw out the status quo, so my country can grow to what Quaid-e-Azam dreamt off.

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P.

I don't know whether this my thought would be sensible or not its for the experts here to analyse, but i would like to share with you all.

Why not the government of Pakistan, as first move offer talks with these opposing forces and negotiate for a cease fire during festive season like ramadhan. Then they can form a committee with some moderate religious leaders from countries like turkey, Iran, kuwait, saudi arabia, egypt etc and also include few representatives from army and government.

Religious leaders can clear the idealogical differences while the government can understand the complexities and help clear the differences and offer help for development, give some autonomy to some extent in their affairs.

May start with atleast one agency or province at a time and then proceed further based on the outcome. Suppressing them violently wont solve the problem because that part of the world is never under some rulers, they were mostly independent tribes.

This is just my thought, you may disagree with it anyways

What a shame. And the curse of the useless WOT continues. No wonder such things are bound to happen when you fight against ghosts and shadows. :angry:

It has every thing to do with WOT. A war which is actually being fought against shadows. They attacked Pro govt Lashkar, and the govt is pro American so according to them by attacking these people they have attacked those who help America. Obviously the logic is totally flawed but still it comes back to the same place that it is America and it's so called war against terror which is destroying not only this region but also thousands of innocents are losing their lives because of those imbeciles in White House and Pentagon.

The anger begins to rush through our blood when we hear of these indiscriminate killings across the nation and seeing insurgents prevent peace from flourishing distinctly sidetracks our common mission of defeating terrorism. The panic sets in and the finger pointing begins but in reality; it is only permitting the terrorists to continue their mission of creating unrest. People forget that the tide has momentarily shifted in the favor of our enemy. Would be succeed by permitting these terrorist organizations to elude reality before our eyes? Have we become so numb to reality; where it’s begun to evade our minds? Should we continue to avoid the truth and try to create logic in blame game? Are we serving justice to those killed by placing a cover over the same culprits; who continue to orchestrate these attacks against the innocent people of Pakistan and then boastfully claim responsibility? The ongoing terrorist attacks leave no confusion regarding their motives and attempts to overthrow the government by creating mayhem are evident. If the WOT stops then should we expect the terrorists to go back to being good people? The attacks on mosques and shrines should be just looked at as a counter strategy? Using children and females as suicide bombers was just another tactic in getting the point across? Is this the kind of example the great nation of Pakistan wants to set? We are witnessing Satan like acts aimed at defeating our common mission of ending terrorism. How can the WOT be synonymously used with the US when the government of Pakistan had to wage a war against militants in Swat valley? So, would it be false to predict that a passive approach against the militants would only encourage them to enforce their evil agenda? The US desires a safe and stable Pakistan for the sake of eliminating terrorism and has provided billions in military aid to Pakistan in countering insurgency. Are we naïve enough to allow these extremists to manipulate our beliefs and behaviors? Is not this a war with you, the US, and anyone that stands against their extremism?

Pakistan and the US have made great progress toward the common goal of wiping out terrorism and we will continue to support each other until this mission in accomplished. The aim of both nations is to eliminate insurgency for the sake of its citizens so stopping WOT only defies logic.

CDR Speaks,

DET, United States Central Command

U.S. Central Command

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom