What's new

Blast at Shalimar Plaza, Rawalpindi

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Next to PC, suicidal attack, near GHQ. GeoTV

Deadly blast is being reported in Rawalpindi being reported by local media.

Deatils soon to follow.

500 yard away from GHQ, 3 to 4 dead. Small mall behind PC

The front of "Shalimar Hotel" is completely destroyed. Shalimar Hotel is right next to Pearl Continental, Rawalpindi.

Early reports suggest that more than 20 people have died in this attack including women and children.

O well i have some very good memories with this hotel. Well, according to media, attacker was stopped before entering GHQ zone. And had no chance just to butcher himself.

O well i have some very good memories with this hotel. Well, according to media, attacker was stopped before entering GHQ zone. And had no chance just to butcher himself.

Yes, the attacker wasn't able to go inside. I too have a lot of memories attached with this Hotel. I'll try to explain what's around this hotel;

- PC
- Army BOQs (stayed there a lot)
- Armoured CORP Officers Mess
- If you go down the road towards Laal Kurti, there's an EME-502 Park for children and right next to it is the EME-Heavy Workshop. CORP of Signals and SIGNALS institute for new engineers is also close by. Basically, the entire area is full of sensitive locations.

God damn these ba$tards. What kind of a Jihad tells a Muslim to slaughter women and children anyway? Every Pakistani is sick of this BS! :frown:

God bless our country.

RAWALPINDI: At least 40 persons were injured in the blast in the Cantt area of Rawalpindi on Monday. According to the sources 12 injured said to be in critical condition.

The blast occurred near PC and Shalimar hotels.

Police and relief teams were reaching to the place of the blast after the incident.

The law enforcement agencies have surrounded the location of the blast.

According to the sources the injured were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital after the blast. The most of the injured said to be the security forces personnel.

The nature of the blast yet to be established.

40 injured in Rawalpindi blast,11/2/2009 11:05:44 AM

I am sorry sir , but they have got Rabies .

They will keep biting until you:sniper:

Regards::pakistan:

6 to 7 bodies that have been recovered so far, were uniformed. According to the reports, the National Bank of Pakistan had a branch in the Shalimar Plaza where army personnel were collecting their pays.

God damn these ba$tards. What kind of a Jihad tells a Muslim to slaughter women and children anyway? Every Pakistani is sick of this BS! :frown:

God bless our country.

don't worry they're coming to justify and explain the reason of this terrorist act, the terrorist supporters, some on this forum and some in Pakistani political scene.

so far 10 deaths being reported and over 40 injured. :(

Is it confirmed that it was a suicide bomber?

Back
Top Bottom