What's new

Blasphemy law claims another life

What if Blasphemy law will be passed in Non Muslim country as well By Christians/Hindus and Jews????

People have misused this Law and I admit it but the law in essence is good as it prohibits insult to all Prophets and Sacred people of every religion

I think there should be a limit to freedom of speech and expression so that people can respect each others faith.

I agree that there should be equal punishment for those who accuse others wrongly because those who use it for their benefits also commit blasphemy

In what universe is opposing the blasphemy law equal to supporting blasphemy?
There is no place for such laws in modern society.

Dude what makes a law acceptable to the modern society and what not. What about the laws in india, in us in the west every where. I am no defender of the complete law, but who are you to say what shall be implemented in Pakistan and what not. It is for the people of Pakistan and the elected members to fight it out and fix it. So with this snooty attitude of yours might as well stay out of the conversation.

commest padhne ke baad mere dimag main toh yahi khayal aaya

barbaad-e-gulistaan karne ko ek hi ullu kaafi hai,

anzaam-e-gulistaan kya hoga jab har shakh pe ullu baitha hai

:)

Secondly i think i can claim to know Pakistanis more than a person living in Germany.

than perhaps your claim to know Pakistanis is just limited to a tiny minority of seculars else the majority has clearly expressed their sentiments by not condemning the murder.

than perhaps your claim to know Pakistanis is just limited to a tiny minority of seculars else the majority has clearly expressed their sentiments by not condemning the murder.

Majority has expressed their sentiments because the are fearful of their lives, they know they will be shot in an instant by some random rabid mullah living in their neighborhood.

Oh and i've seen people over here condemning what happens to muslims in india (debatable), but if you treat your minorities like the way we do in Pakistan, India or any other country for that matter have the right to treat their minorities in the same manner. Dont cry over it.

This murder was wrong and horrific, taking someone's life is never the answer, the vast majority of Pakistani's were sickened by this, but it is always the vocal minority that come to the fore.

Regarding the law, it has to have some serious revisions in it, blasphemy of the Holy Prophet is totally unacceptable but the loop holes in it's implementation have to be removed. It's abuse is also unacceptable.

Through Love all that is bitter will be sweet
Through Love all that is copper will be gold.
Through Love all dregs will turn to purest wine
Through Love all pain will turn to medicine.
Through Love the dead will all become alive.
Through Love the king will turn into a slave!

Rumi

This is the essence of Islam and the Holy Prophets Mission - do not let the fanatics make you forget.

Back
Top Bottom