What's new

Blackout in Lahore as more than 50 feeders trip

when dollar price falls it is ik affect now whether this may be regarded as ik affect ? if no then same apply to rupee revaluations
Stupidest thing you have said so far, and you have said some pretty stupid things.

Markets go up and down by the second. Just good or bad news is enough to make them go up or down.
IK got elected and markets showed confidence in him by going up.

Electricity on the other hand is infrastructure that takes years to impliment and maintain. PTI has been in power for less than a week, no reasonable person on earth would blame a new government for that.

Patwaris and their malnurished brains.

By 2018 electricity issue was supposed to be resolved. I wonder who said that? Anyway thee leeches need to be removed the so called IPP's.

Stupidest thing you have said so far, and you have said some pretty stupid things.

Markets go up and down by the second. Just good or bad news is enough to make them go up or down.

Electricity on the other hand is infrastructure that takes years to impliment and maintain. PTI has been in power for less than a week, no reasonable person on earth would blame a new government for that.

Stunted growth

your brain is not capable of understanding what i try to convey.i have said no in my post which means it is not effect of ik.whenever new govt comes this happens and it is not specific to ik so ik effect will take time to impact

Ok from being infrastructure background specially power generation, I would say that 50 feeders can ONLY trip if there are deliberately tripped. If there is an issue with a feeder, it will trip and turn off the whole area it is feeding. Now if the electrical design is poor, this tripping feeder may trip a couple more on the loop. But it is just not possible for 50 feeders to go offline unless there were signals sent to these feeders to trip.
What if fault occurs in one of the generating stations ? If not adjusted for extra load cumulative tripping is the outcome ..

What if fault occurs in one of the generating stations ? If not adjusted for extra load cumulative tripping is the outcome ..

The generating station has multiple generators including redundant generators in case the duty generators fail. Thus for the generating station to fail, multiple generators would need to fail. Extra peak loads can be a cause, but in a well design distribution station, the control system should take care of this and the controls should load shed in a way that only limited number of customers are impacted. In other words as I said above, one reason can be poorly designed generation and distribution system. And the other reason was deliberate action to trip the whole network.

The generating station has multiple generators including redundant generators in case the duty generators fail. Thus for the generating station to fail, multiple generators would need to fail. Extra peak loads can be a cause, but in a well design distribution station, the control system should take care of this and the controls should load shed in a way that only limited number of customers are impacted. In other words as I said above, one reason can be poorly designed generation and distribution system. And the other reason was deliberate action to trip the whole network.
It happens in worst case scenario and if maintenance is not good then it will happen regularly.

Last edited:
Over loading mostly.

It's technical issue and politicians cannot handle it.
Minister of electricity must be an experienced electrical engineer, who him self know the root cause of every technical fault and is able to catch the technical corruption involved in the process.

Blaming PMLN won’t change anything since it is PTI that is in the power now. It is all on PTI. You wanted to lead and now is the time to lead.

you have no idea what you are talking about - you are mixing generation - transmission and distribution systems all together........... - no one designs generating stations with back up generators. My guess is you are stuck at distributions gen stations like hospitals etc that would have back up power facilities.

you have no idea what you are talking about - you are mixing generation - transmission and distribution systems all together........... - no one designs generating stations with back up generators. My guess is you are stuck at distributions gen stations like hospitals etc that would have back up power facilities.
There system is overloaded and under capacity.

Back
Top Bottom