What's new

Black holes could be home for aliens: Scientist

Come on, all the answers will come from your mind only, not from other measures, we know how far the Sun is from here but have you physically checked this? even Galileo was called a mad man in his time.

Data provided by the Russian scientist is invalid. He is speculating on speculation, without involving any laws and calculations. And what is that "most distant galaxy at 50 million light years away" statement? Age of the Universe is measured by the distance from the farthest stars and galaxies, which are as far as 13 Billion light years away.

Yes its assumption. Simply a belief just like those peoples who believe in existence of GOD

Supernatural in sense that the existence of alien cannot be prove by science

Supernatural means something which is above nature. Something which is above natural and physical law. Aliens are not above physical law of the universe, in that their existence does not break any known laws of physics. We can't say the same about god and what not.

oh also just adding something to the above post. The unobservable universe is estimated to be atleast 10^30 times bigger then the observable universe =p.

I know ^^. Sometimes the number is given to be 10^50 times as large as the observable universe. If we take the Drake Equation (which by current estimates puts the number of extraterrestrial civilization in the galaxy as about ~2) and add more factors into it, we still would get a number in the billions for intelligent life in the observable+unobservable universe.

Data provided by the Russian scientist is invalid. He is speculating on speculation, without involving any laws and calculations. And what is that "most distant galaxy at 50 million light years away" statement? Age of the Universe is measured by the distance from the farthest stars and galaxies, which are as far as 13 Billion light years away.

We can acctuly see as far as 46ish billion light years. The Size of the Universe: A Hard Question : Starts With A Bang

I know ^^. Sometimes the number is given to be 10^50 times as large as the observable universe. If we take the Drake Equation (which by current estimates puts the number of extraterrestrial civilization in the galaxy as about ~2) and add more factors into it, we still would get a number in the billions for intelligent life in the observable+unobservable universe.

Yea i know i was just using is eqution for the milky way though ;D.

@RAJA i am not a dude and mkay also sorry if i was sounding like a bit ignorat earlier

The 13 billion light years figure is the age of the universe not the size. The size is much larger, approximately 93 billion light years in diameter for the observable universe alone. This is due to the inflationary period in the early periods of the big bang when space expanded faster than light.

We can acctuly see as far as 46ish billion light years. The Size of the Universe: A Hard Question : Starts With A Bang

That's the worst kind of BS one can utter while talking about the Universe which we define with the laws of Relativity.

The author looks at the universe with Newton's point of view that space, time and everything in the universe is absolute. If the observable universe's edge is 45 billion light years away, but the age of the universe is only 13 billion years, then per his calculations, the light traveled at 3c. That is thrice the speed of light. Don't buy into it, it is just a blog designed to attract more and more hits.

The 13 billion light years figure is the age of the universe not the size. The size is much larger, approximately 93 billion light years in diameter for the observable universe alone. This is due to the inflationary period in the early periods of the big bang when space expanded faster than light.

Nothing can go faster than light, and certainly not mass. If mass at the edge of the universe is 93 billion lightyears away, then how did light travel that distance in mere 13 billion years? The age of the universe will always coincide with the distance between farthest points in the universe.

That's the worst kind of BS one can utter while talking about the Universe which we define with the laws of Relativity.

The author looks at the universe with Newton's point of view that space, time and everything in the universe is absolute. If the observable universe's edge is 45 billion light years away, but the age of the universe is only 13 billion years, then per his calculations, the light traveled at 3c. That is thrice the speed of light. Don't buy into it, it is just a blog designed to attract more and more hits.

Thats Ethen he is concidered pen pals of young amature astronomers.

Mabye this video might clear your misconceptions.
uploaded by spacerip =o.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats Ethen he is concidered pen pals of young amature astronomers.

Mabye this video might clear your misconceptions.
uploaded by spacerip =o.

Oh he cannot, trust me. I have had similar discussions with a professor from Connecticut Univ too. And he could not tell how his multi-dimensional universe model would work under the present laws. In the end all he had to say was, it is still theoretical. Same is the case with all these people. The universe is not like a football field. The universe is more like this Earth, round. If you and I were to walk in opposite directions, then at the end, we would be facing each other and the distance could be either 1 meter, or 40,000 kilometers. Which one would you chose, and which one would be the reality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Misconceptions about the Big Bang.

Notice that, according to Hubble's law, the universe does not expand at a single speed. Some galaxies recede from us
at 1,000 kilometers per second, others (those twice as distant) at 2,000 km/s, and so on. In fact, Hubble's law predicts
that galaxies beyond a certain distance, known as the Hubble distance, recede faster than the speed of light.
For the
measured value of the Hubble constant, this distance is about 14 billion light-years.

What Hubble said here is that yesterday's distance is smaller than today's, and yesterday's speed was slower than today's. Hence, if measuring today's size of the galaxy with respect to yesterday's distance, it will be enormous. And that is what is being done here.

Does this prediction of faster-than-light galaxies mean that Hubble's law is wrong? Doesn't Einstein's special theory of
relativity say that nothing can have a velocity exceeding that of light? This question has confused generations of
students. The solution is that special relativity applies only to "normal" velocities--motion through space. The velocity in
Hubble's law is a recession velocity caused by the expansion of space, not a motion through space.
It is a general
relativistic effect and is not bound by the special relativistic limit. Having a recession velocity greater than the speed of
light does not violate special relativity. It is still true that nothing ever overtakes a light beam.

What this essentially means is that the expansion is not the expansion of distance between any two bodies, it is rather expansion of the distance in itself (yesterday's Plank distance would be much smaller than today's).

Oh he cannot, trust me. I have had similar discussions with a professor from Connecticut Univ too. And he could not tell how his multi-dimensional universe model would work under the present laws. In the end all he had to say was, it is still theoretical. Same is the case with all these people. The universe is not like a football field. The universe is more like this Earth, round. If you and I were to walk in opposite directions, then at the end, we would be facing each other and the distance could be either 1 meter, or 40,000 kilometers. Which one would you chose, and which one would be the reality?

I really haven't stuidied much of M and string theory so i won't really go there.

oh also take a read of this Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia =o. I am sorry that apeleaing to the atourity again but i think the sources that i am linking you to can explain it better then i could eveer do :/.

Nothing can go faster than light, and certainly not mass. If mass at the edge of the universe is 93 billion lightyears away, then how did light travel that distance in mere 13 billion years? The age of the universe will always coincide with the distance between farthest points in the universe.

Sure nothing can go FTL, but space can expand FTL without violating special relativity. That is what happened during the inflationary epoch - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)

Here is another link to get the idea sorted out - Metric expansion of space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a matter of fact, space is currently expanding FTL in certain frames of reference, if we use comoving distances. For example space between two far off galaxies is expanding FTL, however the galaxies themselves are not travelling FTL. Look at it this way, if you were a random observer in space observing two galaxies which are "x" distance away from each other. Then in your frame of reference, the galaxies will be moving away from each other FTL. HOWEVER for an observer in one of these galaxies, they will not be moving FTL in their own frame of reference.

Regarding the size of universe being 93 billion light years in diameter, here is something from the link which you posted.

"What does mark the edge of observable space? Here again there has been confusion. If space were not expanding, the
most distant object we could see would now be about 14 billion light-years away from us, the distance light could have
traveled in the 14 billion years since the big bang. But because the universe is expanding, the space traversed by a
photon expands behind it during the voyage. Consequently, the current distance to the most distant object we can see is
about three times farther, or 46 billion light-years.
"

And to answer your question about light travelling a distance, again a quote from the link you posted.

"An accelerating universe, then, resembles a black hole in that it has an event horizon, an edge beyond which we cannot
see. The current distance to our cosmic event horizon is 16 billion light-years, well within our observable range. Light
emitted from galaxies that are now beyond the event horizon will never be able to reach us; the distance that currently
corresponds to 16 billion light-years will expand too quickly. We will still be able to see events that took place in those
galaxies before they crossed the horizon, but subsequent events will be forever beyond our view.
"

I really haven't stuidied much of M and string theory so i won't really go there.

oh also take a read of this Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia =o. I am sorry that apeleaing to the atourity again but i think the sources that i am linking you to can explain it better then i could eveer do :/.

I am glad you made the efforts. In fact, wikipedia itself is often edited by people who are not an authority on the subject. If you look closely in the same article, posted on wikipedia that you quoted, it takes you to the footnotes and cites an MIT paper on the subject, and that paper explains exactly what I explained to you. Very contrary to what has been written in simple English in main Wikipedia article.

Nope Russians scientists are wrong this time, black holes have no homes for aliens these are sweeping stars they consume everything in their path with massive energy suckers. Even mossad would be sucked up inside.

Back
Top Bottom