What's new

Black Hawk eager to fly for India

so only mi17 can serve the purpose right.......

In my opinion BlackHawks are ideal helis for special forces than the mi-17s given their speed ,avionics,weapons and agility. Mi-17 are also good and needed for special forces given their lift capability(ability to carry lsv).

For regular troop transport,Mi-17 will eat blackhawk for breakfast.

My point is why one more different class of heli line in our inventory.... it will eat our large part of our budget for maintainance training etc...

we already have Dhruv for carry 12 -14 SF troops...

Great job by India.

I wish USA would sell more weapons to India.

Hopefully that will serve as a wake up call to Pakistanis that its better to be on America's good side than bad.

My point is why one more different class of heli line in our inventory.... it will eat our large part of our budget for maintainance training etc...

we already have Dhruv for carry 12 -14 SF troops...

Dhruv is an excellent multirole heli,no doubt.
But blackhawk will outperform dhruv as dedicated SF heli,given its avionics and radar suite and higher troop transport and handling capability.

Great job by India.

I wish USA would sell more weapons to India.

Hopefully that will serve as a wake up call to Pakistanis that its better to be on America's good side than bad.

Actually,now USA is coming into India's side

I dont agree. Let me be very clear first that I want to see pakistan destroyed. But still I respect u very much as a member. It is not necessarily to be on the good side of US. Infact I agree with what pakistan is doing right now. If they could jst control extremists, they will be fine.

And if you see india's pattern of dealings with the US, we have not very large products going on with them. All the weapons which were brought from them were in small numbers so there was no ToT needed. All our development projects are with Russia or Israel because those are the countries we actually trust.

I dont agree. Let me be very clear first that I want to see pakistan destroyed. But still I respect u very much as a member. It is not necessarily to be on the good side of US. Infact I agree with what pakistan is doing right now. If they could jst control extremists, they will be fine.

And if you see india's pattern of dealings with the US, we have not very large products going on with them. All the weapons which were brought from them were in small numbers so there was no ToT needed. All our development projects are with Russia or Israel because those are the countries we actually trust.

India should have 20 of these for our special forces for special mission behind enemy lines ;) :woot: :devil:

We should not buy these Black Hawks....Mi 17 is more than enough...
why go take a sample from every country...soo stupid....
Invest some money with DRDO to develop helis for future...numnuts:hitwall:

No need to buy Black hawks instead buy more apache block III. We have more than mi 17-v and Druvas. Why in the world we need BH now ??? Even if it's stealth

With the new associations Sikorsky has with various Indian companies, the purchase would be a boost for local companies too.

Qatar has also reqsted Black Hawk with T700-GE-701D Engines , AN/AAR-57 V(7) Common Missile Warning Systems, AN/AVR-2B Laser Detecting Sets, AN/APR-39A(V)4 Radar Signal Detecting Sets, M240H Machine Guns, and AN/AVS-6 Night Vision Goggles

an-alq-212.jpg
an-aar-57.jpg

AN/AAR-57 Common Missile Warning System (CMWS)

3879840323_a00696b45f.jpg

5526571655_859410d1a0_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom