What's new

BJP will not back Tamil Eelam.

How can you say Proto Dravidians are ex Tamils? Malayalis are also from proto Dravida lineage are they also ex Tamils?

should be pre Tamils not "ex Tamils"

the 4 "native tribes" are non existent, only the wanniyal-aetto/veddahs (forest dwellers/hunters - according to Mahavamsa descendents of yaksa - Kuveni) . exist today, cultural the veddahs are closer to proto Dravidians of Tamilnadu ..... e.g the worship of Kataragama deviyo - Kanda Yaka , the spiritual ancestor of wanniyal-aettos..

Tamil Hindus of Sri Lanka and South India refer to the place as Katirkamam and it has a famous Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Muruga

Till today the indigenous Veddah people come to venerate at the temple complex from their forest abodes.

As a link to the Veddah past the temple holds its annual festival, that celebrates the Gods courtship and marriage to a Veddah princess, in July to August

I thought Dravidian means an ethnicity. Are you sure about Dravidian means only the language group?

If that's the case Sinhalese are not Dravidian.

Mahawansa does not say where did Vijaya had set sail from. That is why it is a intellectual debate now a days.

Why not Sinhala should not equal to lion people. Any one can come up with any story to increase the moral and other values of the society.
yes,only a language group......

I thought Dravidian means an ethnicity. Are you sure about Dravidian means only the language group?

If that's the case Sinhalese are not Dravidian.

Mahawansa does not say where did Vijaya had set sail from. That is why it is a intellectual debate now a days.

Why not Sinhala should not equal to lion people. Any one can come up with any story to increase the moral and other values of the society.
even in that case...malayalis are more close to Sinhalese than Tamil...
have you ever been to Kerala??
it looks like mini srilanka...dress,peoples,culture,topography,climate,architectural styles...etc....

Mahavamsa claims Vijaya grandma was a Bangladeshi princess and grandpa was a horny lion

thats what I am telling you and Skyline - lion people , not some 4 hela BS,

even in that case...malayalis are more close to Sinhalese than Tamil...
have you ever been to Kerala??
it looks like mini srilanka...dress,peoples,culture,topography,climate,architectural styles...etc....

this just proves that Sinhalas were ex Tamils like Malayalis , both took on new identities after 1000 AD, through aryanisation and conversion to Buddhism and inter marrying everything that landed on their western shores

Last edited:
the 4 "native tribes" are non existent, only the wanniyal-aetto/veddahs (forest dwellers/hunters - according to Mahavamsa descendents of yaksa - Kuveni) . exist today, cultural the veddahs are closer to proto Dravidians of Tamilnadu ..... e.g the worship of Kataragama deviyo - Kanda Yaka , the spiritual ancestor of wanniyal-aettos..

The original forest dwelling Veddhas do not worship any Hindu god. They only worship the spirits of their dead ones.

What you were referring to is the Veddha community in the Eastern seaboard. They have being assimilated with the Tamils in the Eastern province and have developed this habit of worshiping Hindu gods. It is not their historic behavior.

Mahavamsa claims Vijaya grandma was a Bangladeshi princess and grandpa was a horny lion

So you believed it.

In fact just because Vijayas mother was Bengali as you say does it imply that Vijaya is also Bengali?

What about his dad the lion? Was he also a horny Bengali lion?

People can call themselves any thing they wish. But does is negate the truth?

this just proves that Sinhalas were ex Tamils like Malayalis , both took on new identities around 500 AD,

How do you know?

Last edited:
I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not here in war with Sinhalese, and neither do I support tamil tigers.

In Sri Lanka, we had sufi missionaries. They converted the local Tamils to Islam. This has been going on for 1000 years.

There is no ethnic Muslim group called "Moors". This word is from the Portuguese and Spanish to describe Muslims in general, and they did when they came to Sri Lanka and the Philippines.

You used the phrase "indian moor", which means "indian muslim".

Memons, and Konkanis are indian muslims who settled in Sri Lanka due to trade from Gujarat and Konkan regions Maharasshtra and Karnataka.

The tamil tigers do not like tamil Muslims, or any Muslim, because the Muslims are not racist like them and enemies of the Sinhalese. They support all Sri Lankans. The Tamil Muslims have been intermarrying with the Sinhalese for hundreds of years. And there are now substantial numbers of Sinhalese Muslims, as well.

Why would I have to explain? We should ask the Sri Lankan Muslims.

In Jaffna, Muslims spoke Tamil. Not Sinhalese. Because Tamil has been the language of the Muslims since they converted to Islam from the local Tamil population.

Tamil tigers don't like Tamil Muslims. You will not find Tamil Muslims becoming Tamil tigers.

I dont know what Moor stands for in India. In SL moors are the largest muslim ethnic group. Muslims in SL are largely Moor, then Malay and you will find few Bohras and Memons. In colombo some muslims look exactly like arabic people.
Normally in SL muslims and tamils start verbal fights when tamils call Muslims as ethnically tamil. That is how it is in SL. Muslims in SL reject this tamil ethnicity which is forced upn them.

The muslims in Jaffna spoke tamil cos they live in a tamil neighbourhood. Also prayers in mosques were in tamil so muslims anyhow have to learn tamil. There were few muslim immigration frm TN. But largely in SL muslims are ethnically moor not tamil.
In SL moor is an ethnicity and that is the ethnicity of Muslims.

this just proves that Sinhalas were ex Tamils like Malayalis , both took on new identities around 500 AD, through aryanisation and conversion to Buddhism and inter marrying everything that landed on their western shores mainly pagan Arabs

Some sinhalese have tamil roots. It is more correct to say Tamils and Sinhala have same roots and same ancestors and not Tamils turned into Sinhala. And why belive in Mahavamsa? Get out of the mahavamsa mentality. The vijaya story is rejected by sinhala people as well.

The original forest dwelling Veddhas do not worship any Hindu god. They only worship the spirits of their dead ones.

What you were referring to is the Veddha community in the Eastern seaboard. They have being assimilated with the Tamils in the Eastern province and have developed this habit of worshiping Hindu gods. It is not their historic behavior.

I have pointed out the cultural similarity between proto Dravidian in Tamilnad and Veddahs,
Kande Yakka or Katargama deviyo, the veddahs uniquely peculiar deity wasn't originally a Hindu god.
To the Tamils, he is the God of the Tamils (non Vedic/Aryan) and to the Veddahs their spiritual ancestor. In the 18th C Sinhala Buddhist Chauvinist have Sinhalised Katargama into a Buddhist guardian god

So you believed it.

In fact just because Vijayas mother was Bengali as you say does it imply that Vijaya is also Bengali?

What about his dad the lion? Was he also a horny Bengali lion?

You shouldn't be concerned over the horny lion grandpa, as Vijaya' daddy Sinhabahu killed his lion daddy

How do you know?

because , up to 1500 AD , historical Malayalis were the Tamil Cheras - Kingdom . Sinhala Paththini cult is a Tamil goddess cult imported into SL by Sinhala King - Gajabahu through the Chera king

Last edited:
Some sinhalese have tamil roots. It is more correct to say Tamils and Sinhala have same roots and same ancestors and not Tamils turned into Sinhala. And why belive in Mahavamsa? Get out of the mahavamsa mentality. The vijaya story is rejected by sinhala people as well.

You should say that to the Sinhala Buddhist clergy, who consider the Mahavamsa their 'Bible", and who have transformed and propagated Buddhism as an ethnic Sinhala religion by misleading Sinhalas with Mahavamsa lies

if the Sinhalas did not convert to Buddhism and adopt the Pali language they would be "Tamils" and vice versa

Last edited:
So mate what's your take in this situation?I mean India once tried to mediate but failed miserably and now our leaders are following a policy of not interfering with the internal matters of S.L.So do you think that our relation can be mended in the near future and can we be allies too?
P.S.-Just asking for your opinion mate as you are a Sinhala:-)

Sri Lanka's policy is not to become an ally of India or any other country. Some people think we will become an ally of China etc etc but actually what we are doing is just using the advantage to reduce the Indian pressure.

You should say that to the Sinhala Buddhist clergy, who consider the Mahavamsa their 'Bible", and who have transformed and propagated Buddhism as an ethnic Sinhala religion by misleading Sinhalas with Mahavamsa lies

lol idiot, Mahavamsa isn't a religious book.
It's a history logbook. We still continue logging history records officially on it.

Last edited:
lol idiot, Mahavamsa isn't a religious book.
It's a history logbook. We still continue logging history records officially on it.

Mahavamsa, is an important religious text in Sinhala Buddhism
Colombo, Sri Lanka -- The Buddhism practiced in Sri Lanka, better known as Sinhala-Buddhism (or Mahavamsa-Buddhism) is different from the Theravada Buddhism practiced in other countries such as Thailand, Cambodia and so on.

Sri Lanka | From Sinhala-Buddhism to Civilized Buddhism

this just proves that Sinhalas were ex Tamils like Malayalis , both took on new identities after 1000 AD, through aryanisation and conversion to Buddhism and inter marrying everything that landed on their western shores
heard about ex-Marxist,ex-military..what is ex tamil???...

I have pointed out the cultural similarity between proto Dravidian in Tamilnad and Veddahs,
Kande Yakka or Katargama deviyo, the veddahs uniquely peculiar deity wasn't originally a Hindu god.
To the Tamils, he is the God of the Tamils (non Vedic/Aryan) and to the Veddahs their spiritual ancestor. In the 18th C Sinhala Buddhist Chauvinist have Sinhalised Katargama into a Buddhist guardian god

Where have you pointed out culturel similarities between proto Dravidian and Veddhas?

Also how come the Tamil god and the Veddha god got get together?

BTW Kataragama was not a Tamil area it is a Sinhalese village. Therefore it is particularly interesting how the heck a Tamil god became prominent in the jungle enclave reserved for a local indigenous god of the local people.

Therefore there was no need to Sinhalize anything.

You shouldn't be concerned over the horny lion grandpa, as Vijaya' daddy Sinhabahu killed his lion daddy

No tell me whether the horny lion was Bengali or not.

because , up to 1500 AD , historical Malayalis were the Tamil Cheras - Kingdom . Sinhala Paththini cult is a Tamil goddess cult imported into SL by Sinhala King - Gajabahu through the Chera king

So you assume Sinhalese civilization developed after the 5th century CE because the above statement?

if the Sinhalas did not convert to Buddhism and adopt the Pali language they would be "Tamils" and vice versa

You are so confident about the early history of Sri Lankan people. This is something even today the best archeologist are not sure about. How come you are so sure about it?

Back
Top Bottom