What's new

BJP will not back Tamil Eelam.

crow in Sanskrit is kakaha , color is varna, as per your argument the Sinhala king should have been named Kakkahavarna Tissa and not Kakkavanna Tissa

show me any Sanskrit literature text that has a name of a person ending with "vanna" ?

Indeed if we used the original Sanskrit word the name should be Kakkahavarna Tissa but Sinhalese is not pure Sanskrit it is a offshoot of the Sanskrit language that is why there is this mutilation of the word.

But the meaning of both words are 100% same.

debunking your Sanskrit assertation

Kakkavanna or Manivanna is a common name in ancient Tamil literature, alluding to the dark Dravidian god

a text from 8th century Tamil literature on the Dravidian god

meaning - Lord (maale) my beloved (vanna) , sapphire (mani)

13th century hymn on the Dravidian god

meaning - protect (kaaka) spear (vel)

If Kakkavanna is common name in ancient Tamil literature show me one text from your source.

kakka vanna in Tamil means beloved protector and not crow colored as made up by Sinhala quacks. Which make sense naming the King - Crow colored or beloved Protector ?

this just exposes the madness of the Sinhala racists' how they twist/manipulate a Tamil name into an idiotic Sanskrit name

Well if you insist on Kakka vanna is beloved protector..... then the english translation of the king's name according to the word order should be "protect my beloved" Tissa (Tissa being the name). BTW what does the word Tissa means in Tamil?

Also please clarify the Tamil names of these kings also.

Devanampiya Tissa
Sura tissa
Saddha Tissa
Lanja Tissa
Maha Tissa
Kuda Tissa
Vankanasika Tissa
Kanitta Tissa
Voharika Tissa

In Sinhalese Kavan Tissa means Tissa the black (crow colored).

crow in Tamil is kakka not kakkai as you twist, nursery rhyme for your Tamil pre-Ed :dance3:

Search Results
காக்கை
kākkai
"crow" in Tamil
http://www.tamildictionary.org/search.php?q=crow&sl=en&tl=ta&oi=dict_lk
Tamil Meaning of Crow, Tamil Dictionary - Free Online Tamil to English & English to Tamil Dictionary, Meanings| Free Tamil Dictionary Software, Tamil Dictionary Downloads, Converter, Translation, Transliteration

so now you admit there was a Tamil 'influence' since 12 century , why not extend it to 3rd BC ?

Why should I. Sri Lanka got it's Tamil influence after the Chola invasion.

If it hadn't been the case why should Sinhalese add cow to the famous moonstones in Anuradhapura era and suddenly remove the cow in Pollonaruwa era moonstones?

The first sandakada pahanas were created during the latter stage of the ancient Anuradhapura Kingdom. They were only placed at entrances to Buddhist temples during this period.

The third band has carvings of four animals; elephants, lions, horses, and bulls. These four animals follow each other in a procession symbolizing the four stages in life: growth, energy, power and forbearance.

Sandakada pahana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The design of the sandakada pahana of the Polonnaruwa period differs largely from that of the Anuradhapura period. The most significant change is the removal of the bull from the sandakada pahana.
An invasion by Rajendra I in 1017 AD brought a large part of the country under the control of the Chola empire.[7][8] The country was under Chola rule until 1055 AD,[9] and the Sri Lankan culture was heavily influenced by South Indian customs and traditions, including the Hindu religion.[10] Historians believe that the reason for the removal of the bull from the sandakada pahana was because of its connection with Hinduism. The bull, the vehicle of the god Shiva, is a venerated animal in Hinduism, and therefore was removed from the sandakada pahana since it was a place where people tread upon

this just substantiates my argument, that up till the15th century, Sinhalas were Tamil Hindus and the Sinhalisation of Tamil Hindus in the south commenced in the16/17th century and was completed by 20th century.

If Sinhalese were Tamil Hindus why they adopted Buddhism?
Why depicted cow on sadakada pahans?
And most importantly what change them from Tamil to Sinhalese? What was the major factor in 15th century?

Mahavamsa clearly states the existence of a Tamil kingdom in Anuradapura whom Duttu Gamunu defeated and 32 other Tamil chieftains all over the island. Read up, the chronicled 'history', Mahavamsa , and stop wasting my time

it is about Sinhalisation of Tamils in the south etc why are you diverting to the north ?

Ten years later, another South Indian, Elara, came and slew the Sinhala king, and ruled over the Sinhalese, on the Sinhala throne for 44 years. There is no mention of any transactions or treaties or aid, between these Tamil kings on the Sinhala throne and this Tamil kingdom, even when the Tamil kings were threatened by Sinhala princes from the South. It is strange that after 44 years on the Sinhala throne, Elara did not get help from this so-called Tamil kingdom to fight the Sinhalese, nor did he think of fleeing to the North to escape death. This proves no such kingdom existed, to which Elara could have gone for help!

It is said that Elara asked help from a Tamil prince in South India known as Balluka and he arrived with a force of 60000 soldiers from South India and fought with King Dutugemunu who had defeated King Elara.

11 Question's for an Eelamist?

The 150 yr old library as one was the most prestigious in south Asia and contain more than 97,000 rare palm leaf ancient manuscripts which were important historic documents, that contested the Sinhala Nazi political history of Sri Lanka

Jaffna library is 150 years old? and contained 97000 rare plam leaf manuscripts?

A big lie don't you think. Will you accept you lied or you were wrong?

The Jaffna Public Library began as the private collection of the scholar K.M. Chellapha, who began lending books from his home in 1933. In 1934, a committee set up a formal library, with Chellapha as secretary. Initially, 844 books, 30 newspapers and periodicals were kept in a single room, but soon the collection was shifted into a building on Jaffna’s main street and was opened to subscribers.

Tamil Sydney - Sri Lanka - Burning Memories - Documentory - The Jaffna Treagedy

Jaffna library is 150 years old? and contained 97000 rare plam leaf manuscripts?

A big lie don't you think. Will you accept you lied or you were wrong?

Dude.. Dont expect any sort of verified sources or links from that joker.. It's hilarious how he ask others for the same

Sadly for what ever reason he/she is given an open license by the Admins/Mods to spam/troll and break every conceivable rule here of PDF with impunity

Indeed if we used the original Sanskrit word the name should be Kakkahavarna Tissa but Sinhalese is not pure Sanskrit it is a offshoot of the Sanskrit language that is why there is this mutilation of the word.

But the meaning of both words are 100% same.

its Kakkavanna on record and not Kakkahavarna, so stick to the original minus your speculation, mutilation of names by authors in historic chronicle is unacceptable

If Kakkavanna is common name in ancient Tamil literature show me one text from your source.

I have shown vanna is beloved (or color ) in Tamil and a common Tamil name can you say the same with Sanskrit or Sinhala Pali tradition, if so provide the evidence. I reiterate no clown's king has the name - crow colored

8th century Tamil literature mentions the dark Dravidian god as Kaarvanna not as kakkavanna

Kaarvanna mudhumunneer kadanmallaith thalasayanamE]
translation - Lord, who has the blue hued colour of the Ocean;

from 8th century Tamil literature (the same god but written by different authors)
Maaley ! Manivanna ! Maargazhi neer aaduvaam

translation Oh Lord of wonderful colour of the blue sapphire gem

Manivannan - 38,000 best Tamil baby names for your baby

Well if you insist on Kakka vanna is beloved protector..... then the english translation of the king's name according to the word order should be "protect my beloved" Tissa (Tissa being the name). BTW what does the word Tissa means in Tamil?

You cant be frivolous with your interpretation without takng the language nuances in consideration Tamil unlike English is SOV e.g English good morning, Tamil - morning good

Also please clarify the Tamil names of these kings also.

Devanampiya Tissa
Sura tissa
Saddha Tissa
Lanja Tissa
Maha Tissa
Kuda Tissa
Vankanasika Tissa
Kanitta Tissa
Voharika Tissa

In Sinhalese Kavan Tissa means Tissa the black (crow colored).

I have no fetish for Pali converts names, prior to Devanampriya's conversion, his father was Muthu Siva Eessan aka Muta Siva Tissa and brother was Maha Nagan, both Tamil Hindu names.

There was no Buddhism in Sri Lanka until Emperor Asoka’s missionary monks led by Mahinda converted the Hindu (Siva worshipping) Naga King Tissa into a Buddhist in the 2nd century BC

From Barbaric Buddhism to Civilized Buddhism
By J.L. Devananda, Sri Lanka Guardian, March 10, 2010

Sri Lanka | From Barbaric Buddhism to Civilized Buddhism

are you a linguistic expert ? kakka may refer to present or direct reference while kakkai may refer to past or indirect reference just as kakka is crow , kaaka is protect

even 3 year old kids know crow is kakka in Tamil,

Why should I. Sri Lanka got it's Tamil influence after the Chola invasion.

If it hadn't been the case why should Sinhalese add cow to the famous moonstones in Anuradhapura era and suddenly remove the cow in Pollonaruwa era moonstones?

sandakada pahana is a feature of all Tamil Dravidian temples and it doesn't prove anything, the facts remains the Pandiyan Buddhist kingdom as invaded by the Hindu Cholas

If Sinhalese were Tamil Hindus why they adopted Buddhism?
Why depicted cow on sadakada pahans?
And most importantly what change them from Tamil to Sinhalese? What was the major factor in 15th century?

you should ask your Bangladeshi cousins how and why they converted from Hindus to Buddhists to Muslims

are you denying Sinhala were not ex Hindu converts to Buddhism , even India was once Buddhist, Hinduism revived in India from the 11th century onwards but not in SL, why they converted and reverted is not my concern but were all ex Hindus prior to their conversion to Buddhism or Islam

Ten years later, another South Indian, Elara, came and slew the Sinhala king, and ruled over the Sinhalese, on the Sinhala throne for 44 years. There is no mention of any transactions or treaties or aid, between these Tamil kings on the Sinhala throne and this Tamil kingdom, even when the Tamil kings were threatened by Sinhala princes from the South. It is strange that after 44 years on the Sinhala throne, Elara did not get help from this so-called Tamil kingdom to fight the Sinhalese, nor did he think of fleeing to the North to escape death. This proves no such kingdom existed, to which Elara could have gone for help!

before the arrival of Vijaya with his 700 convicts Pandiya kings were ruling Anuradapura. Duttu Gamunu was no Sinhala, his pedigree reveals him as much a Tamil as Elara. While Elara was Hindu DG was Buddhist

Dr. Edward Muller, onetime commissioner of archaeology, in his “Records of Ceylon,” published in 1883 states,
“There are Tamil Brahmi and Asokan Brahmi inscriptions on stones belonging to the 3rd century B.C. The earliest inscriptions in Sinhala are only of the 8th A.D.

regardless of how much you white wash, the fact remain Sinhala Nazis burnt the 'insignificant' contemporary 1933 library, a part of Nazi's Tamil cultural genocide. The year is of no relevance, as I have mention earlier the issue is on the Sinhalisation of Tamils not Jaffna library

Last edited:
its Kakkavanna on record and not Kakkahavarna, so stick to the original minus your speculation, mutilation of names by authors in historic chronicle is unacceptable

Mahawansa was not written in Sanskrit and most of all it was written for the Sinhalese not for North Indians.

I have shown vanna is beloved (or color ) in Tamil and a common Tamil name can you say the same with Sanskrit or Sinhala Pali tradition, if so provide the evidence. I reiterate no clown's king has the name - crow colored

8th century Tamil literature mentions the dark Dravidian god as Kaarvanna not as kakkavanna

translation - Lord, who has the blue hued colour of the Ocean;

from 8th century Tamil literature (the same god but written by different authors)

translation Oh Lord of wonderful colour of the blue sapphire gem

Manivannan - 38,000 best Tamil baby names for your baby

you first said kakkavanna is a common Tamil name.

Kakkavanna or Manivanna is a common name in ancient Tamil literature, alluding to the dark Dravidian god

BJP will not back Tamil Eelam. | Page 12

But now you say

So what is the correct? Does kakkavanna prevail as a common surname in Tamil or not?

BTW also give the Tamil name meaning for "Tissa"?

I have no fetish for Pali converts names, prior to Devanampriya's conversion, his father was Muthu Siva Eessan aka Muta Siva Tissa and brother was Maha Nagan, both Tamil Hindu names.

But you said Sinhalese were Tamil Pandyas so give me the Tamil name meaning for these words. Because they have a simple meanings in Sinhalese. If you fail to provide Tamil meanings anyone can see you are lying.

Here is the list again.

Devanampiya Tissa
Sura tissa
Saddha Tissa
Lanja Tissa
Maha Tissa
Kuda Tissa
Vankanasika Tissa
Kanitta Tissa
Voharika Tissa

sandakada pahana is a feature of all Tamil Dravidian temples and it doesn't prove anything, the facts remains the Pandiyan Buddhist kingdom as invaded by the Hindu Cholas

Sadakada pahana is unique to Sri Lanka and Sinhalese. It cannot be found else where. Do not lie as you lied about the Jaffna library.

Also your whole Pandyan theory fell right through if you look closely at history. In the actual history we see Pandyans defeat Cholas immediately after their defeat in Sri Lanka helped by of course Sinhalese king Parakramabhau the great. So if Pandyans were Sri Lankans then why didn't they came back to Sri Lanka afterwards?

are you denying Sinhala were not ex Hindu converts to Buddhism , even India was once Buddhist, Hinduism revived in India from the 11th century onwards but not in SL, why they converted and reverted is not my concern but were all ex Hindus prior to their conversion to Buddhism or Islam

Yes I deny your allegation that Sinhalese were ex Hindu depending on how you describe Hinduism.

According to experts any religion can be said to be Hindu because Hinduism has no fixed boundaries.

Dr. Edward Muller, onetime commissioner of archaeology, in his “Records of Ceylon,” published in 1883 states,

Dr. Muller is correct and it doesn't make any sense from your point of view.

regardless of how much you white wash, the fact remain Sinhala Nazis burnt the 'insignificant' contemporary 1933 library, a part of Nazi's Tamil cultural genocide. The year is of no relevance, as I have mention earlier the issue is on the Sinhalisation of Tamils not Jaffna library

It is actually pretty hilarious to hear that Tamil piled every historical document they have in a Library which was opened with international qualification in 1959.

Tell me where did they kept the important historical documents before 1933? And didn't even British realized they were important?

Manlion at least now accept you have defeated and you lied to every one.

Last edited:
Mahawansa was not written in Sanskrit and most of all it was written for the Sinhalese not for North Indians.

when it suits your agenda / propaganda your lot choose not to be North Indian

The fact that Mahanama changed the king's Tamil name kakkavanna, to Kavan Tissa is ample proof of how cunning Sinhala scheme to fabricate truth, and now resort to not 'native' to Pali or Sanskrit as an excuse

I have furnished you with eough references from Tamil literature on Tamil names ending with vanna e.g Karvanna, Manivanna, show me a Sanskrit text that uses Black + varna as a name.

you first said kakkavanna is a common Tamil name.

I am no Tamil expert, found out its should have been Karvanna ( Karru - black) , Mahanama just removed the 'R' and " A' from Karvanna to give Kavan Tissa from the Tamil root Karvanna retaining the original meaning

So what is the correct? Does kakkavanna prevail as a common surname in Tamil or not?

pose that question to the Sinhalas, whether its a prevailing tradition.

But you said Sinhalese were Tamil Pandyas so give me the Tamil name meaning for these words. Because they have a simple meanings in Sinhalese. If you fail to provide Tamil meanings anyone can see you are lying.

Here is the list again.

Devanampiya Tissa
Sura tissa
Saddha Tissa
Lanja Tissa
Maha Tissa
Kuda Tissa
Vankanasika Tissa
Kanitta Tissa
Voharika Tissa

if you are obsessed with Tissa

Sri Lanka Guardian: Sinhalese, Tamils and Buddhism

2nd century BC Brahmi script inscriptions at Kodumanal, near Coimbatore, have revealed Indo-Aryan names, such as Sumanan, Tissam, and Visaki, along with rather more Tamil-sounding ones.

Sadakada pahana is unique to Sri Lanka and Sinhalese. It cannot be found else where. Do not lie as you lied about the Jaffna library.

nope, the conception of the library was much before it took its s physical form in 1933, started by Arumuga Navalar in the 18th century

sorry I don't know the Tamil technical name for Sadakada pahana but when I get the name I shall post it with pictures., meanwhile pay a visit to a SL Hindu temple for verification

Also your whole Pandyan theory fell right through if you look closely at history. In the actual history we see Pandyans defeat Cholas immediately after their defeat in Sri Lanka helped by of course Sinhalese king Parakramabhau the great. So if Pandyans were Sri Lankans then why didn't they came back to Sri Lanka afterwards?

There's no Tamil evidence on Sinhala invasion of TN , you are free to post any source other than SL as evidence and you are assuming Parakrmabahu to be Sinhala, just like how a Tamil sage is made into a Sinhala king ?

Parakrambahu, built a statue to honor the Tamil sage Agastya, which the Sinhalas claim to be Parakramabahu

Interestingly, former Archaeological Commissioner, Raja de Silva has identified the statue at the Potgul Vehera, commonly assumed to be Parakramabahu, as Agastya.

Yes I deny your allegation that Sinhalese were ex Hindu depending on how you describe Hinduism

According to experts any religion can be said to be Hindu because Hinduism has no fixed boundaries.

no need for my version of Hinduism , cross reference to the Ramayana to know the religion of the Lanka natives which was Saivism, the religion of the Eelam Tamils

Last edited:
when it suits your agenda / propaganda your lot choose not to be North Indian

Well it suites a person like you who takes every word in Mahawansa very seriously.

The fact that Mahanama changed the king's Tamil name kakkavanna, to Kavan Tissa is ample proof of how cunning Sinhala scheme to fabricate truth, and now resort to not 'native' to Pali or Sanskrit as an excuse

Yeah Sinhalese are very cunning. We were planning this scheme from the times of Mahanama thero.

No I just need the meaning of the word Tissa or Tissam in Tamil. You know how Mahanama dropped R and A from Kaarvanna, so why can't you give me the Tamil meaning of the word Tissa or Tissam.

nope, the conception of the library was much before it took its s physical form in 1933, started by Arumuga Navalar in the 18th century

The Jaffna Public Library began as the private collection of the scholar K.M. Chellapha, who began lending books from his home in 1933

It was Mr. Chellappa who laid the foundation for the library.

You lied again.

I dunno whther Arumuga Navalar had conceptualized to keep important historic documents in a normal library rather than keeping it in a secure place like an archives either in Colombo or in Chennai.

sorry I don't know the Tamil technical name for Sadakada pahana but when I get the name I shall post it with pictures., meanwhile pay a visit to a SL Hindu temple for verification

Sadakada pahana Sinhalaese name.

Chandra Kandha Pashana Sanskrit name

Half moon shaped stone rough English translation.

I doubt you would find very similar one to the A'pura, Polonnaru era Sadakada pahana in India.

There's no Tamil evidence on Sinhala invasion of TN , you are free to post any source other than SL as evidence and you are assuming Parakrmabahu to be Sinhala, just like how a Tamil sage is made into a Sinhala king ?

The remainder of the story can be gleaned from inscriptions in south India and by inference.

Parakramabahu I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is just wikipedia. I don't remember now but there were few stone inscription specially around Madurai mention this incident.

no need for my version of Hinduism , cross reference to the Ramayana to know the religion of the Lanka natives which was Saivism, the religion of the Eelam Tamils

And you want me to believe the Ramayana. In fact no one is sure about where is the Lanka mentioned by Valmiki is actually.

Well it suites a person like you who takes every word in Mahawansa very seriously.

I don't , that's your assumption, just feeding you with your own Mahavamsa crap

Yeah Sinhalese are very cunning. We were planning this scheme from the times of Mahanama thero.

just as how Tamil Kakkavanna morphed into Kavan

No I just need the meaning of the word Tissa or Tissam in Tamil. You know how Mahanama dropped R and A from Kaarvanna, so why can't you give me the Tamil meaning of the word Tissa or Tissam.

given the meaning scroll through the thread, also have given evidence that Tissa(m) found in TN 3rd BC inscriptions

It was Mr. Chellappa who laid the foundation for the library.

You lied again.

I dunno whther Arumuga Navalar had conceptualized to keep important historic documents in a normal library rather than keeping it in a secure place like an archives either in Colombo or in Chennai.

will save my breath for another day, you are entitled to your views

Sadakada pahana Sinhalaese name.

Chandra Kandha Pashana Sanskrit name

Half moon shaped stone rough English translation.

I doubt you would find very similar one to the A'pura, Polonnaru era Sadakada pahana in India.

my point - the concept is not Sinhala in origin but borrowed, copied , obviously you know from who
observed the sadakada pahana at the entrance of Temple

7301791.jpg

Parakramabahu I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is just wikipedia. I don't remember now but there were few stone inscription specially around Madurai mention this incident.

so far have not come across from external reliable sources on any invasion or attack of the Cholas unless you can prove otherwise

And you want me to believe the Ramayana. In fact no one is sure about where is the Lanka mentioned by Valmiki is actually.

and that why Ceylon was renamed - Sri Lanka ?

Last edited:
I don't , that's your assumption, just feeding you with your own Mahavamsa crap

If Mahavansa is crap then every other ancient booklet will have to be labeled as crap including the Sangam literature.

given the meaning scroll through the thread, also have given evidence that Tissa(m) found in TN 3rd BC inscriptions

Just need the meaning of the name Tissa.

my point - the concept is not Sinhala in origin but borrowed, copied , obviously you know from who
observed the sadakada pahana at the entrance of Temple

Burrowed concept may be. But the real ingenuity or uniqueness lies in the carvings of the Sadakada pahana. It cannot be found anywhere. That is why I said show anything similar to the ones of A'pura and Polonnaruwa in any other country.

It is unique to Sri Lanka and Sinhalese.

so far have not come across from external reliable sources on any invasion or attack of the Cholas unless you can prove otherwise

Well you cannot ask for any external reliable source when you always use wikipedia to validate your claims.

You first produce external reliable sources before asking from mine.

and that why Ceylon was renamed - Sri Lanka ?

Actually Lanka is not a correct name. It is inspired by the Ramayana.

The real name of Sri Lanka is Ceylon which is a corrupted english word for "Sinhale" which means the land of Sinhalese.

English got it correct but our own people didn't.

India’s BJP party said it will not support a separate state in Sri Lanka if it comes to power at the upcoming elections in India, Indian media reported.

This is a betrayal of the Indian government and our revenge will be swift and merciless.
Betrayal? Bullshit! WTF are you talking about? India has no business in the internal affairs of Sri Lanka. Let them sort out their own problems.

Secondly, Tamils had volunteered to desert India to settle down in Sri Lanka in the 19th and 20th centuries to work in coffee, tea and rubber plantations. Some also migrated on their own as merchants and as other service providers. No one forces them to leave.

They are now citizens of Sri Lanka and India should have nothing to do with them. They are Sri Lankans. Period. Just because their ancestors were from India doesn't mean that the Sri Lankan Tamils belong to India.

This is nothing but political gimmicks being played out by the Tamilian politicians for vote banks. And it sucks!

If Mahavansa is crap then every other ancient booklet will have to be labeled as crap including the Sangam literature

Mahavamsa is not a classic, if it was under the scrutiny of Sangam academy it would have been dumped into the Bay of Bengal . In order for a literature to be accepted as classic it had to be vetted by the Tamil Academy/Sangam in Madurai

Sangam literature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

about Arumuga Navalar - see the above link, under Rediscovery

The only dispute some scholars have is on Sangam literature, history on the sinking of Kumari Kandam land mass

Just need the meaning of the name Tissa.

I have given the meaning in my earlier post and requested you to scroll back , if you are lazy I have no mood to entertain your demand, btw I am yet to know the Sinhala meaning of Tissa

Burrowed concept may be. But the real ingenuity or uniqueness lies in the carvings of the Sadakada pahana. It cannot be found anywhere. That is why I said show anything similar to the ones of A'pura and Polonnaruwa in any other country.

It is unique to Sri Lanka and Sinhalese.

anything borrowed , inspired or copied can never be unique that's an oxymoron even the country's name is borrowed from the Ramayana.

Well you cannot ask for any external reliable source when you always use wikipedia to validate your claims.

You first produce external reliable sources before asking from mine.

ok this is from Tamil source - Parakramabahu military mission was to aid Parakirama Pandya retain the throne but the Sinhlala army of Parakrambahu was ultimately defeated by the Chola general Pallavarayan ,

it was a war between the Pandyan bothers - Parakirama Pandyan and Kulasekhara , Parakkirama Pandyan sought help from the Sinhala king Parakramabahu . Parakramabahu sent an army under the command of a Sinhala general, Lankapura. Before the army reached Pandya Nadu, Kulasekhara Pandyan capture Madurai and killed Parakkirama Pandyan. His son Veera Pandyan fled the capital and went into hiding. By now the Sinhala army landed in Pandya Nadu with orders from King Parakramabahu to defeat Kulasekhara Pandyan and put Veera Pandyan on the throne. The Sinhala army captured the coastal town of Rameshwaram and destroyed much of the famed Hindu temple for Lord Sivan.

The Sinhala army marched from the coast into the interior of Pandya Nadu. It looted and burned many Tamil villages on the way. In the ensuing battles between the Sinhala army and Kulasekhara Pandyan's army, the latter met with defeat after defeat. Lankapura brought Veera Pandyan from hiding and installed him as the Pandya king in Madurai.

Kulasekhara Pandyan gathered all forces in Padya Nadu loyal to him and waged war again and won a major victory against Lankapura. Veera Pandyan fled Madurai again. Lankan King Parakramabahu sent reinforcements under the command of another Sinhala General, Jagat Vijaya. The combined forces of Lankapura and Jagat Vijaya defeated Kulasekhara Pandyan. The latter fled to the south (what is now known as Thirunelveli District) and sought help from the Chola King Rajathi Raja Cholan II. Rajathi Rajan sent an army under General Pallavarayan (Pallavarayar) to Pandya Nadu. He fought several battles with the Sinhalese army. Some of the major battles were at Thirukkanapaer, Thondi, Pasipon Amaravathi, Manamerkudi and Manjakudi. In the end Sinhalese army lost and Kulasekhara Pandyan became king of Pandya Nadu.

Furious at reports of the devastation of Pandya Nadu under the Sinhala army (looting and burning of villages, killing of villagers, desecration of the Rameswaram temple), Rajarthiraja Cholan ordered General Pallavarayan to capture and execute General Lankapuri who commanded the Sinhala army in Pandya Nadu. Pallavarayan pursued Lankapuri, captured him and beheaded him. The severed head was hoisted on a spear at the gates of Madurai, the Pandyan capital. Crows and other birds ate the flesh of the head, and the skull remained on display at the gates for months. Thus ended the occupation of Pandya Nadu (about one-third of Tamil Nadu) by the Sinhalese army

Actually Lanka is not a correct name. It is inspired by the Ramayana.

The real name of Sri Lanka is Ceylon which is a corrupted english word for "Sinhale" which means the land of Sinhalese.

English got it correct but our own people didn't.

Ceilao is the Portuguese name of the island in 1500s, the English transliterated it Ceylon

Last edited:
Betrayal? Bullshit! WTF are you talking about? India has no business in the internal affairs of Sri Lanka. Let them sort out their own problems.

If its internal affair, why did India sponsor and train LTTE and aid Sri Lanka in the final war against 300,000 Tamils trapped the No Fire Zone ? Its a betrayal - India created a false hope in the minds of Tamils - a separate country only to back stab the Tamils in 2009, and killing 100,000 Tamils in India's proxy war in SL

India’s complicity to Sri Lanka’s war crime exposed in Geneva | Global Peace Support Group
Secondly, Tamils had volunteered to desert India to settle down in Sri Lanka in the 19th and 20th centuries to work in coffee, tea and rubber plantations. Some also migrated on their own as merchants and as other service providers. No one forces them to leave.

where did you learn Sri Lanka's history from the Hindutva/RSS/BJP/Congress anti Tamil camps ?

if its Dravidian Tamil history, Indian are worse liars than their Sinhala aryan cousins in twisting distorting history.

My challenged to you , an ignorant, dumb Indian moron - Are you claiming the civil war in SL was between Sinhalas and Tamil migrants who went to work in coffee, Tea, rubber estates, and some merchants and other service providers in 19th/20th century ?

They are now citizens of Sri Lanka and India should have nothing to do with them. They are Sri Lankans. Period. Just because their ancestors were from India doesn't mean that the Sri Lankan Tamils belong to India.

This is nothing but political gimmicks being played out by the Tamilian politicians for vote banks. And it sucks!

neither you nor India can decide the fate of Tamils in India or in Sri Lanka both relatively new countries created by the colonial powers. in the 1940s. Tamils will decide their future with India and SL ..

Last edited:
My challenged to you , an ignorant, dumb Indian moron
You idiot! Mind your language. If you can't discuss anything without cursing, then just STFU.

You seem to have lost your brains in your LTTE hideout.

You idiot! Mind your language. If you can't discuss anything without cursing, then just STFU.

You seem to have lost your brains in your LTTE hideout.

do you have any brains ? taking on a subject you hardly have any clue and unnecessarily poking your nose into SL internal affairs with your stupidity and arrogance, an issue concerning UN, Tamilnadu, USA, not India.

If you cant respond to my challenge,- Sri Lanka war was not between Sinhala's and 19th/20th century Tamil migrants, whom you despise as low class coffee/tea/rubber/ plantation workers .

than you qualify as an Ignorant Dumb Indian Moron

Last edited:
Prof Wijeyanayake from London (like many other Sinhala scholars) wrote in the Sunday Observer of 17 November 1996

In the manner of Christian missionaries converting Buddhists and Hindus to Christianity in the 16th century A.D., Arahat Mahinda converted the Hindu King Devenampiya Tissa and his Hindu subjects (Tamils), to the Buddhist faith in 246 B.C. The vehicles of the Dhamma were the Pali and Sanskrit languages. Sinhala evolved through the intermingling of the Tamil, Pali and Sanskrit languages.

And where have i said no? if you develop your comprehension skills you will understand i have said the same thing. So Sinhala developed in SL , a product of SL. The ONLY language that can claim so. Same time tamil influence is not like it is highlighted. Develop brain skills then talk about SL

You might "not know" for your political convenience of Sinhala supremacy, the Kings had Tamil names e.g Dutu Gemunu's father's name was Kakka vannan Tissa (Tamil - crow colored Tissa) changed to Kavan Tissa by Mahanama in Mahavasma.

Duttu Gemunu, was a devotee of the Tamil God Murukan at Kataragama . In the Mahawamsa, Gemunu invoked the blessings of the Murukan to endow him with strength to defeat the Tamil King Elara in battle.

The fact they had original Tamil names , later changed to Sinhala, and a strong Hindu hereditary elements, attest to the fact that they were Tamil Hindus before their conversion to Sinhala Buddism.

:D so gamunu went to murugan to take blessings to defeat elara and after that build buddhist stupas :D. seriously commonsense is something alien to you. If elara and gamunu spoke tamil and were HIndus why the hell they went to war with each other. And one of the oldest stone inscriptions in SL are from the south of SL where Dutu gemunu hails from and all these are in then sinhalese.

Gamunu is not a tamil name. The only thing you can do is pronouncing and writing sinhala names of kings in a different way to make it look like tamil. between there was no hinduism in SL when buddhism was brought here. I have mentioned that to many idiots on this forum alone. The oldest hindu structure was in 12AD and laughably the best hindu kovil that jaffna tamils display was built by a sinhala king in Kotte :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom