What's new

BJP to formally invite Yeddy to rejoin party

Is the caste division in the state along these lines good or bad in your opinion?

All caste divisions are bad, they prevent dispassionate reasoning. So you get " he's a corrupt bas***d but he is our corrupt bas***d" kind of thinking. Yeddiyurappa gave away nearly 500 crores of public money as grants to primarily Lingayat religious institutions(some to the others too) to keep them happy. To someone like me who is largely immune to religious pull, that was extremely disquieting.

When the "Strawman Demolisher" tells you something, you just have to submit and relent. You did well there:cheers:

@Indischer was reading Ambedkar's rebuttal to Gandhi' Indian village imagery. He argued the relative meritocracy of the big cities and the industrialisation and scientific progress are necessary to combat casteism. Plus, villages are havens for traditions that include caste prejudice and superstition.

But then gain, he also argued for reservation.

I have just started reading about Ambedkar, and he is truly impressive

All caste divisions are bad, they prevent dispassionate reasoning. So you get " he's a corrupt bas***d but he is our corrupt bas***d" kind of thinking. Yeddiyurappa gave away nearly 500 crores of public money as grants to primarily Lingayat religious institutions(some to the others too) to keep them happy. To someone like me who is largely immune to religious pull, that was extremely disquieting.

You would be surprised how religious the atheistic communists in Kerala really are.

precisely. Even if the argument is that the majority of the lower income population is comprised of lower castes, government assistance to lower income groups should address that.

But, I also get angry when certain people try to downplay the the effects of caste system before. It may have started not a repressive, but it's eventual evolution, was pretty horrible.

One should never forget the crimes of the past, but retribution is no answer, because the child bears no sin of the father.

Besides, an attractive girl transcends race/caste/religion for me :D

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Absolutely in conformance with your views. Going by your last statement, can I hazard a guess that you've had an inter-faith Love marriage?:smart:

My analogy: If today's Germans were imprisoned for the crimes that the Nazis committed, that would be akin to what the quota system has set out to do.

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Absolutely in conformance with your views. Going by your last statement, can I hazard a guess that you've had an inter-faith Love marriage?:smart:

My analogy: If today's Germans were imprisoned for the crimes that the Nazis committed, that would be akin to what the quota system has set out to do.

No. I am 23. I have yet to finish University. I have to find a job, then financially stabilise myself. I also have to 'grow' up a bit.

It's just my life views. The concept of Nation states, ethnicity and religion are man made. They are important to your identity, but one should never take it so serious as to compromise a life or one's happiness.

@Indischer was reading Ambedkar's rebuttal to Gandhi' Indian village imagery. He argued the relative meritocracy of the big cities and the industrialisation and scientific progress are necessary to combat casteism. Plus, villages are havens for traditions that include caste prejudice and superstition.

But then gain, he also argued for reservation.

I have just started reading about Ambedkar, and he is truly impressive

You would be surprised how religious the atheistic communists in Kerala really are.

Ambedkar was spot-on, wasn't he? I can safely say that casteism exists everywhere in India's countryside. It's severity probably varies greatly from place to place.

Although Gandhi did a lot for the upliftment of Harijans and denounced untouchability, he was also a devout Hindu and never spoke out against casteism. In fact, he's made a lot of statements indicating his support for it! It can be safely said that his vision of India actively involved the continuing discrimination of people based on caste. A lot of Gandhi's recommendations can be individually adopted/implemented, but not at a societal level.

No. I am 23. I have yet to finish University. I have to find a job, then financially stabilise myself. I also have to 'grow' up a bit.

It's just my life views. The concept of Nation states, ethnicity and religion are man made. They are important to your identity, but one should never take it so serious as to compromise a life or one's happiness.

Good Luck with the future Ravi! You still have a lot of time to implement your inter-caste marriage theory:lol:

When the "Strawman Demolisher" tells you something, you just have to submit and relent. You did well there:cheers:

I could have responded with "should I change it to advertising over the internet ? "

I took the tone of his reply as conciliatory and relented. You really should pull your nose out of other people's business. Its a nasty habit. However if you fell the urgent need to take me on, I am ready when you are.

Just let me know.

I like to take on my adversary head on, not like some cowards sniping from others shoulder.

@Indischer before I leave, one more for your edification. The current generation of Dalit politicians idolise Indians,

Even thouh Ambedkar criticises Indians as idolaters and how their tendency to worship idols also extends to politics and other walks of life.

A prescient observation I might add

I could have responded with "should I change it to advertising over the internet ? "

I took the tone of his reply as conciliatory and relented. You really should pull your nose out of other people's business. Its a nasty habit. However if you fell the urgent need to take me on, I am ready when you are.

Just let me know.

I like to take on my adversary head on, not like some cowards sniping from others shoulder.

I fully respect your strawman demolishing skills dude. You've demolished me and all other strawmen here countless times already. It's a good epithet to have, you know!

I fully respect your strawman demolishing skills dude. You've demolished me and all other strawmen here countless times already. It's a good epithet to have, you know!

But he is no match for the Chinese 50 centers here.

They are on another level.

@Indischer before I leave, one more for your edification. The current generation of Dalit politicians idolise Indians,

Even thouh Ambedkar criticises Indians as idolaters and how their tendency to worship idols also extends to politics and other walks of life.

A prescient observation I might add

Isn't that the other way round?:confused:

I feel it's a bit over-simplistic to equate Hero-worship with religious Idol worship. Instead, I find parallels with today's leaders moulding/projecting their personas along the lines of our mythological heroes. Our faith in the indomitability of our mythos is more the cause, I feel.

Ex: The culture of overtly idolising/glorifying people isn't usually seen in Buddhist Nations, places where religious idol worship does exist.

Building strawmen argument and demolishing them and claiming victory is what others do.

I just deny them the pleasure of such self proclaimed victory. I do that by pointing out the logical fallacy of defending a position by putting words in others mouth (which is what a strawman argument is).

When someone makes a claim that "others" follow Modi "blindly", it is a strawman argument. There is no evidence to suggest who the others are and that they follow Modi blindly.

When some claims that people expect Modi to deliver Miracles. There is no evidence to suggest that is what people expect. Yet they go on to claim that 'others' will be disappointed when Modi fails to deliver that 'miracle'.

Such claims are the stawmen, and their subsequent demolition is what the above eg. demonstrate.

So to put is short, it is not a epithet which will stick to me.

But he is no match for the Chinese 50 centers here.
They are on another level.

Seriously ? well Game On kid.

Isn't that the other way round?:confused:

I feel it's a bit over-simplistic to equate Hero-worship with religious Idol worship. Instead, I find parallels with today's leaders moulding/projecting their personas along the lines of our mythological heroes. Our faith in the indomitability of our mythos is more the cause, I feel.

Ex: The culture of overtly idolising/glorifying people isn't usually seen in Buddhist Nations, places where religious idol worship does exist.

I meant to say, Ambedkar is idolised by Dalit politicians. It was a typo

Drawing on mythos and Projecting it onto popular figures exist in the west too. The whole Obama is an Anti-Christ, or the Messiah depicition of Obama during the 2008 election process, by both ardent fans of both the parties.

@adwityagrata Well, go tot their favourite Hunting grounds the Indian defence forum.

Stay safe, my brave warrior, if victorious, your triumph will be immortalised in the ballads sung by the bards here.

@adwityagrata Well, go tot their favourite Hunting grounds the Indian defence forum.
Stay safe, my brave warrior, if victorious, your triumph will be immortalised in the ballads sung by the bards here.

Consider that self proclaimed fools exist in here, one would not desire to become the king of fools.

Back
Top Bottom