What's new

BJP to formally invite Yeddy to rejoin party

So in short, you have no evidence to substantiate any of your claim. So now you know what a strawman is and what a strawman argument is.

Flusshhhh..............
smiley-toilet06.gif

No- no one REALLY wants you here...

Soo looking at the political scenario, what would you suggest if you want to see Modi in power(I am not a die hard fan of him BTW). But logically what would you suggest BJP in karnataka...and as Bangaloreans we know the situation better here than anyone else.

The question that should be asked is : Modi in power for what? If the idea is to be non-corrupt & efficient, it certainly can't get done by associating with the likes of Yeddiyurappa who imo anyways is a spent force. After all MMS is not accused of being personally corrupt himself. If Modi became another MMS with the likes of Yeddy in his cabinet, what exactly would you gain? In Karnataka atleast, people will laugh at anyone using Yeddy to campaign against corruption. Best for Modi to go directly & hope for the best. It is an uphill battle no matter what because the Comgress will be less than a year into its term & generally, the government will still have support. Not counting some mis-steps from Siddaramaiah, there is nothing very negative about his administration thus far, not anything that has caused massive outrage. Best to remember that in recent LS by-elections, the Congress easily beat the candidates of the JD(S) who were backed both by the BJP & Yeddy. It's a tough ask anyhow, best not to give up any moral high ground for no conceivable gain.

The reddy's were still in BJP then, weren't they? The fact that he left the party as his own party-men wanted his ouster is hogwash? I see them as deep differences with sections of the Party. call him what you want, I couldn't care less. But if I were asked about any specific improvements done during tenure, I'd point out the roads, as they were much worse during Krishna's days.

'In the BJP'? You're just cooking this stuff aren't you? If you don't know much about something, it's better not to yarn it. Yes Krishna wasn't great on infra, but reddy was ZERO. There really was nothing, I mean nothing about him.

Flusshhhh..............
smiley-toilet06.gif

No I seriously meant...no one wants you here

So in short, you have no evidence to substantiate any of your claim. So now you know what a strawman is and what a strawman argument is.

Flusshhhh..............
smiley-toilet06.gif

It isn't a strawman. The proof exists. It just needs to be tabulated.

Ex: If one says a bulb is as bright as the Sun, to prove it would be well-nigh impossible. But it would be hard to deny that the perception of intensity from the bulb warranted a comparison with the Sun. A metaphor like that, hence, isn't a strawman argument.

But if I were asked about any specific improvements done during tenure, I'd point out the roads, as they were much worse during Krishna's days.

It must be remembered that it was S.M. Krishna's tenure that allowed for the growth which would bring in the funds for development in later years, just like the NDA left a solid base on which UPA1 capitalised.

The question that should be asked is : Modi in power for what? If the idea is to be non-corrupt & efficient, it certainly can't get done by associating with the likes of Yeddiyurappa who imo anyways is a spent force. After all MMS is not accused of being personally corrupt himself. If Modi became another MMS with the likes of Yeddy in his cabinet, what exactly would you gain? In Karnataka atleast, people will laugh at anyone using Yeddy to campaign against corruption. Best for Modi to go directly & hope for the best. It is an uphill battle no matter what because the Comgress will be less than a year into its term & generally, the government will still have support. Not counting some mis-steps from Siddaramaiah, there is nothing very negative about his administration thus far, not anything that has caused massive outrage. Best to remember that in recent LS by-elections, the Congress easily beat the candidates of the JD(S) who were backed both by the BJP & Yeddy. It's a tough ask anyhow, best not to give up any moral high ground for no conceivable gain.

Completely agree!, but when it comes to numbers, and push comes to shove then? and in India, its difficult to have a leader like that(underlined part)...so I will leave ideologies aside.

'In the BJP'? You're just cooking this stuff aren't you? If you don't know much about something, it's better not to yarn it. Yes Krishna wasn't great on infra, but reddy was ZERO. There really was nothing, I mean nothing about him.

No I seriously meant...no one wants you here

Please enlighten me! The news articles also seem to state that they were in BJP till Sept 2011(when Janardhan Reddy was arrested in connection with the mining scam). If you know so much about something, it's better to share it before degrading others.

Please enlighten me! The news articles also seem to state that they were in BJP till Sept 2011(when Janardhan Reddy was arrested in connection with the mining scam). If you know so much about something, it's better to share it before degrading others.

They were ALWAYS in the cabinet- plotting and conspiring against each other, ready to cut each others;' throat. If you didn't know even this, then you really don't know about the issues of the time.

Completely agree!, but when it comes to numbers, and push comes to shove then? and in India, its difficult to have a leader like that(underlined part)...so I will leave ideologies aside.

I agree completely which is why I remain sceptical of any ability of Modi or anyone else to effect real change. Imaging riding on the backs of Yeddy, Jayalalitha, Jaganmohan Reddy, Mayawati etc to give a "clean, corruption free" government.:azn:

You guys really smoke lots of pot. Your guy makes so many compromises and you keep saying a small sacrifice for a great plan- what plan?

It must be remembered that it was S.M. Krishna's tenure that allowed for the growth which would bring in the funds for development in later years, just like the NDA left a solid base on which UPA1 capitalised.

Re-laying tar to the roads in 2009-10 cannot be attributed to S M Krishna's tenure(1999-2004). The lesser said about Dharam Singh's regime, the better:). HD Kumarswamy may also be due some credit. Apart from the fact that he cheated on the power-sharing agreement, he wasn't too bad either.

It isn't a strawman. The proof exists. It just needs to be tabulated.

Ex: If one says a bulb is as bright as the Sun, to prove it would be well-nigh impossible. But it would be hard to deny that the perception of intensity from the bulb warranted a comparison with the Sun. A metaphor like that, hence, isn't a strawman argument.

I am yet to see such blind support. I tend to believe that people are a lot smarter than what pseudo intellectuals give them credit for.

Which is why any such blind support alluded to does not pass muster.

What about if the eg. says both the bulb and the sun gives light. But since the bulb can be switched off , the sun can be switched off too.

You see, the frail attribute of the bulb cannot be assigned to the Sun. The same way, the perceived attribute of very small group of Modi supporters cannot be extended to the huge volume of Modi supporters.

You guys really smoke lots of pot.:nono: Your guy makes so many compromises and you keep saying a small sacrifice for a great plan- what plan?

No need to be frustrated in debate...and Yes the plan is to have a better administrator, who can take something and give something back, and not take everything and give thullooo...

I agree completely which is why I remain sceptical of any ability of Modi or anyone else to effect real change. Imaging riding on the backs of Yeddy, Jayalalitha, Jaganmohan Reddy, Mayawati etc to give a "clean, corruption free" government.:azn:

It is said that the purpose of the fist Date is to set up the second Date.

The move to first base is to reach third base :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom