What's new

BJP opposes Muslim reservation in jobs: Joshi

i am against all forms of reservations. wat govt needs to do is to provide free education to needy people till graduation level so that they can stand on their feet. jobs should be given on basis of qualification. remember the kind of doctors or scientists we hire has direct ipact on our scientific/medical capabilities. hence jobs should be given on basis of qualification only.

@karthic sree
when were the lower cast people prevented or discriminated against frm entering GOVT jobs??
i really dont find a logical reason 4 present reservation systems.

the whole idea of giving reservations to SC STs was that since they were prevented from getting education/entering into schools and hence getting better jobs.

i belong to haryana, and i can tell you with my personal experiences, that SC students are still discriminated, although the discrimination has come down a lot, but 60 years before when the reservations were implemented, yes they were prevented to gain education.

@christian
huh.....more than muslims i find the SC's ST's nd OBC's here being uber rich.
just think people asking the creamy layer limit to be increased to 9.5 lakhs. huh...
REALY ARENT THEY ASHAMED TO ASK SUCH RESERVATIONS???

@bhagathsingh
y do u think ST needs reservtions??
if the present system is abolished nd reservations r based on economy , then they would automaticaly come under the reservtn catogary.
I dont think any person in this world should get preference just because he was born a hindu, muslim, dalit, or ST.
ECONOMIC RESERVATIONS R THE WAY FORWARD
joshi here is damn right.

even though they will get reservation if economy based reservation is given but that pool is very big(economically backward ) and the adivasi people will only get minimum opportunity more over they are jungle living people and are not capable of slightet competition.
besides adivasis, quota for handicapped,women,defence persons etc should be held.

@christian
just think people asking the creamy layer limit to be increased to 9.5 lakhs. huh...

the only reason why SC STs today have been able to raise their living standards and earn some respect into society, is only becoz of these reservations.

however, i agree with you, that now the whole proportion has been changed.
here in UP, OBCs are landlords and jamindars, they dont need any reservation at all.

now instead of giving reservation to every other group, we need to improve educational quality and should give education to each and every child, free of cost or at affordable fees, so that they dont even have to look for a reservation to get a job.

@karthic sree
when were the lower cast people prevented or discriminated against frm entering GOVT jobs??
i really dont find a logical reason 4 present reservation systems.

I dont know about the North, but in Tamil Nadu the lower castes like SC,ST were heavily discriminated because they were not even allowed to enter schools by the higher castes.

They were made to work in farms as labourers and were not permitted education.

Without education, they automatically had their chances of going into Govt jobs nullified.

@christian

You obviously are not aware of regulations among the Hindu OBC's in getting reservations.

I belong to BC category, but I am not entitled to reservations since the introduction of creamy layer concept (which is a very good one) as reservations should be purely on economic basis except in case of ST.

For all intents and purposes I compete among the general category.

Last edited:
@metro
yaar dats a systemic failure that govt doesnt punish such people who do so.
just tell me then wat is so much difference in kerala nd haryana
its just d govt misfunctioning itself or are r u saying dat people in haryana r damn butchers???

despite being around 12 % muslim has very poor percentage in govt jobs . this joblessness despite being qualified encourage some portion of mulim to join militancy or any kind of anti social activity . so i think for some time being the indian muslim should provide reservation for both in higher education and in govt, job .

@karthic sri
yes i wud hav agreed with wat u just said but
the organistions r now asking for creamy layer to be increased to 9.5 lakhs
plz explain that to me

@metro
yaar dats a systemic failure that govt doesnt punish such people who do so.
just tell me then wat is so much difference in kerala nd haryana
its just d govt misfunctioning itself or are r u saying dat people in haryana r damn butchers???

in kerala i think because of leftist movement helped the backwards a lot..don't you think so ?

@karthic sri
yes i wud hav agreed with wat u just said but
the organistions r now asking for creamy layer to be increased to 9.5 lakhs
plz explain that to me

I emphatically oppose that.

the current 4.5 Lakh is good enough.

despite being around 12 % muslim has very poor percentage in govt jobs . this joblessness despite being qualified encourage some portion of mulim to join militancy or any kind of anti social activity . so i think for some time being the indian muslim should provide reservation for both in higher education and in govt, job .

So in order for them not to join militancy they should be offered jobs even if they are under-qualified. What a mindset :tdown:

No its not right that special quota for a Muslim

We already have minority quota system in India so I dnt think we need another one

no..state shall not discriminate any citizen according to his religion..that includes positive or negative discrimination.

i am against all forms of reservations. wat govt needs to do is to provide free education to needy people till graduation level so that they can stand on their feet. jobs should be given on basis of qualification. remember the kind of doctors or scientists we hire has direct ipact on our scientific/medical capabilities. hence jobs should be given on basis of qualification only.

I think quota system for poor people will be more useful and can prove its cause

We need to stop all type of quota based of religion .... Its good for future of India

I think quota system for poor people will be more useful and can prove its cause

We need to stop all type of quota based of religion .... Its good for future of India

This will just provide more ammo to right wing groups about minority appeasement.

Back
Top Bottom