What's new

BJP opposes Muslim reservation in jobs: Joshi

In 21st century India should be moving towards removing quota system altogether and not adding more.

Problem is reservation has become family heirloom ..being passed from father to son.
eg.
If I am SC/ST/OBC etc ..and I can use reserved seat to get admission in good college..find a good govt job and even though I will be financially well off..can afford good education for my children..my children will eligible for same kind of preferential treatment, even though they don't deserve it, as they have had best of education and can compete in general category.

This needs to end ..reservation needs to be limited to one gen only ..if I use quota to uplift my family ..my next gen should not be eligible for quota.

And like this slowly and steadily we can phase out reservation all together.

Last edited:
question is social and economical discrimination..if it was only economical discrimination a income based reservation was enough..but is it enough when we have groups of people who were and are socially discriminated?
don't they need reservation in parliament and educational institutes etc?
i think yes..we have some wise and old men here..comments are welcome.

In general,reservation should be given to the poor people,irrespective of religion,caste . As far as the Muslims are concerned,they should be given due representation in the government jobs as per the sachar committee report to integrate them to mainstream society, but for that reason government to make sincere efforts to improve the education of Muslim children's.

In 21st century India should be moving towards removing quota system altogether and not adding more.

Problem is reservation has become family heirloom ..being passed from father to son.
eg.
If I am SC/ST/OBC etc ..and I can use reserved seat to get admission in good college..find a good govt job and even though I will be financially well off..can afford good education for my children..my children will eligible for same kind of preferential treatment, even though they don't deserve it, as they have had best of education and can compete in general category.

This needs to end ..reservation needs to be limited to one gen only ..if I use quota to uplift my family ..my next gen should be eligible for quota.

i guess you mean your next gen should out be eligible for quota ' if so that is a good suggestion.

i guess you mean your next gen should out be eligible for quota ' if so that is a good suggestion.

Exactly, why should kids who have all the facilities available to them avail a quota (which started out as a means of upliftment of the poor and backward )..just because their family was backward at the time of independence.

Yes ST are the worst off. Muslims do face discrimination. Specially in Bengal they have been treated pretty bad in past which fuelled the separate country movement once.

Nothing can be done about it as if the reservation is extended for Muslims today, tomorrow one by one every religion will ask and what will be left for the general quota ?

If anyone is serious abolish the entire system barring the STs and bring in a reservation based purely on economic reasons which can benefit all - Hindus,Muslims,Sikhs,Xtians,Atheists...all.

Not like this half baked thing that is done for votes.

How can the change come from within when the government don't support those who can bring the change?

Ultimately the change should come from within - the government can only do as much as to encourage them. It is finally up to the Muslims to do things that will benefit them and their children in the long run without being always guided by the inflexible rules of religion.
Other communities must not be made to pay for no fault of theirs.

Encourage in the sense - encourage them to study and get rid of their rigid dogmas that seem to be holding them back rather than taking the job of another person who has done no fault and giving it to them.

The solution lies in Education and not in providing jobs.

eg.

This needs to end ..reservation needs to be limited to one gen only ..if I use quota to uplift my family ..my next gen should not be eligible for quota.

What ??? That is what the Creamy layer quota was supposed to do.

I am a OBC - My father availed the benefits of reservation because in those times there was no creamy layer concept. But I did not avail it because of the introduction of the creamy layer and for all intents and purposes I am a general quota student.

What you said was true once upon a time, but not now. It has changed.

What ??? That is what the Creamy layer quota was supposed to do.

I am a OBC - My father availed the benefits of reservation because in those times there was no creamy layer concept. But I did not avail it because of the introduction of the creamy layer and for all intents and purposes I am a general quota student.

What you said was true once upon a time, but not now. It has changed.

Creamy layer quota is only applicable to certain group of OBCs

where candidates of CLQ would not be eligible for the quota in certain in higher educational institutions like the Indian Institutes of Management and Indian Institutes of Technology.

As per Mandal commission, the children of constitutional functionaries including the President, judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, members of the Union Public Service Commission, Groups A and B or Class I or II officers of the All-India Central and State services and children of public sector employees are excluded from reservation.

However bulk of reserved castes remain unaffected by it.

Creamy layer quota is only applicable to certain group of OBCs

where candidates of CLQ would not be eligible for the quota in certain in higher educational institutions like the Indian Institutes of Management and Indian Institutes of Technology.

As per Mandal commission, the children of constitutional functionaries including the President, judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, members of the Union Public Service Commission, Groups A and B or Class I or II officers of the All-India Central and State services and children of public sector employees are excluded from reservation.

However bulk of reserved castes remain unaffected by it.

No yaar - My father is none of the above - but since his annual income exceeds 4.5 Lakh/annum, I come under the creamy layer and hence I cannot avail the benefit of reservation. Same is the case with my friends.

The rules are becoming stricter including audit of Form-16 for availing reservation. And the only people un-affected by it are those whose annual income is below 4.5 Lakh/annum.

Back
Top Bottom