What's new

BJP expresses solidarity with Israel

The BJP expressed confidence that both countries would continue their joint fight against terrorism, Vijay said in a statement.
In context, is this not a solicitation from India asking for Israelis to come to India and fight terrorists on Indian soil?

In context, is this not a solicitation from India asking for Israelis to come to India and fight terrorists on Indian soil?

India is already sharing terrorism related information with Israel, USA, UK and a few other countries. I don't see how you are able to read anything more than what was stated in the statement. And we don't solicit, have never done so. Yes, others come to us to solicit.

EXACTLY. Bro that is one of the very reasons for India putting in a lot of effort to make friends in west Asia post 1971 so that this wouldn't happen again. You can be 100% sure that if we had a war tomorrow, most of the countries which helped Pakistan in 1971 would decline to help it now. That is why it is essential that we maintain excellent relations with west Asian countries. It would eat into Pakistan's support base. What do you think Mr Antony is doing in KSA now?

I believe that Saudi Arabia is strengthening its relationship with India because It is a rising power in the world and KSA would benefit by selling oil to India, beside using its power with India to settle down any disputes with Pakistan. Pakistan is a very important country for KSA and its more than an ally. I think KSA is also trying to distract India from Iran as it did with Russia and China.

I believe that Saudi Arabia is strengthening its relationship with India because It is a rising power in the world and KSA would benefit by selling oil to India, beside using its power with India to settle down any disputes with Pakistan. Pakistan is a very important country for KSA and its more than an ally. I think KSA is also trying to distract India from Iran as it did with Russia and China.

True. I guess all this mushy mushy-ness Saudi is showing to us is to coalesce us to ditch Iran. I would be very observant of this relationship.

KSA is the biggest energy exporter in the world, it is very important to an energy deficient country like India. To India, KSA also assumes importance as a mediator to convey a firm message to Pakistan, when the need arises. Pakistan listens to only China and KSA. Close relations with KSA also makes it easier for India to operate in west Asia due to KSA's standing among Muslim nations. If Iran goes to war soon then all our oil supplies from Iran will get affected and KSA is the only oil producing country with sufficient surplus oil to immediately supply us the oil we were getting from Iran. We are happy that KSA has promised to make up for the Iranian oil if we need it. But at the same time, despite being close to us, KSA does not lecture us on our relations with Israel or Iran or growing friendship with Turkey. It is for these reasons that India maintains good relations with KSA.

Things are changing very fast in international diplomatic front. Nobody knows who is in whose side. Israel is desperate as it lost its parity against Arabs except nukes. USA is not that much of a bender under Obama admin. India does not have a single trustworthy friend in in the whole world except Nepal. So Israel-India relttionship just make sense. May be, Israel will replace the role of Russia for India in near future. We need a very strong power behind us to fight Pakistan.

Well Nazism, Hindutva and Zionism do have common strands so it would be natural for their to be some empathy between BJP and some Israelis

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Things are changing very fast in international diplomatic front. Nobody knows who is in whose side. Israel is desperate as it lost its parity against Arabs except nukes. USA is not that much of a bender under Obama admin. India does not have a single trustworthy friend in in the whole world except Nepal. So Israel-India relttionship just make sense. May be, Israel will replace the role of Russia for India in near future. We need a very strong power behind us to fight Pakistan.

Mate a nation of 1.2 billion needs a few million Israelis help???

Indians do not need Israelis to fight on theri behalf. Indian can do so themselves and have been doing so for the past 25 years.

You do know that terrorism wasn't just born on 9/11, right? We have been facing the brunt of terrorism for the past 25 years or so.

Of course, the Israeli know-how in urban warfare, intelligence gathering etc. would be quite beneficial to have for any country facing terrorism.

They can come here, train our guys in counter-terrorism, give us some of their state of the art technology, share their experiences...and we'll do the rest.

Well Nazism, Hindutva and Zionism do have common strands so it would be natural for their to be some empathy between BJP and some Israelis

So by that logic Nazis and Zionists should be best buddies too, right? Oh yea, that worked so well.

It's easy to throw around the names of some isms you know and lump them together to cook up non existent associations. But you do so at the peril of ignoring real world history.

Only someone completely ignorant of what nazism, hindutva or zionism mean can make such a ridiculous statement.

India's policy-----we are not taking sides for we value both sides equally...we can help resolve your conflict but will not be drawn into them(simple as always)

i wonder where were they when some Iranian nuclear scientists were assassinated by CIA/MOSSAD!! why BJP's whole loyalty is towards Israel only:undecided:

i wonder where were they when some Iranian nuclear scientists were assassinated by CIA/MOSSAD!! why BJP's whole loyalty is towards Israel only:undecided:

they don't have to. BJP is trying to score points with Indians who are sympathetic to Israel and Jews in general. There are a lot of Indians out there who connect with Israelis esp on the issue of Islamic terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom