What's new

BJP committed to construction of Ram temple

what about you? Being a religious person, do you want a Ram temple there ? :)

Honestly most of the Hindus I've talked to want a Ram Mandir there. It is just the priority or the order of things that matter. Whether that is important right now. Right now I dont think that should be a priority issue when we have much more critical things to resolve.

But whether at all a mandir should be there - absolutely ! Infact a mandir is already there. It should be made permanent.

Yesterday Narendra Modi, while addressing students at SRCC New Delhi said that vote bank politics is destroying India and there you have it VHP raking up another vote bank issue. Why don't they understand that Modi's pro-development image should be an over-riding factor to increase BJP's vote share and possibly return to power. Such statements only benefit our so called secularists and polarize the votes. Net result Fractured mandates with fringe regional parties black mailing on daily basis.

There seems to be a serious disconnect between the BJP and the actual ground realities and what Indians in general care about.

Absolutely well said. Conggies, Commies, and rest bunch of jokers at centre have proven time and again their inefficiencies and directionless rule. For that matter BJP also has skewed proportion of sane and insane; but relatively better than others. BJP/ NDA will have to blame themselves if they carry this agenda.

He said in VHP meeting. We ll see more speech from some leaders. Elections are in 2014. Still 14-15 months away. So people ll forget these temple speech but still it ll make VHP happy. and they ll support Modi.
But When BJP ll announce Modi as PM candidate, They ll not talk about religion stuffs.
Check out Modi speech in Delhi.. What a good speech he gave. Forget raul baba , even our PM can not give such good speech. 57-58 minute speech. but u ll not get bore.

Last edited by a moderator:
See I think this is a part of risky gambit on the part of BJP to run two parallel tracks to woo voters from two different constituencies..

While Narendra Modi would appear as the development face of the party and would target the young, urban/semi-urban , aspirational youth and middle class..Rajnath/Kalyan Singh etc would target the rural hinterland with a mix of populism and core idealogies.

Either this can bring in votes from both sections to BJP thus proving a great tactic or it can confuse the voter and prove to be a disaster. Which it is going to be, only time and how well the BJP manages to run the two paraller tracks without over-lapping will tell.

Honestly most of the Hindus I've talked to want a Ram Mandir there. It is just the priority or the order of things that matter. Whether that is important right now. Right now I dont think that should be a priority issue when we have much more critical things to resolve.

But whether at all a mandir should be there - absolutely ! Infact a mandir is already there. It should be made permanent.

Not only there,there should be a mandir in Mathura,Kashi and Varnasi also instead of the mosques there.

See I think this is a part of risky gambit on the part of BJP to run two parallel tracks to woo voters from two different constituencies..

While Narendra Modi would appear as the development face of the party and would target the young, urban/semi-urban , aspirational youth and middle class..Rajnath/Kalyan Singh etc would target the rural hinterland with a mix of populism and core idealogies.

Either this can bring in votes from both sections to BJP thus proving a great tactic or it can confuse the voter and prove to be a disaster. Which it is going to be, only time and how well the BJP manages to run the two paraller tracks without over-lapping will tell.

I dont see any disconnect Karthik,

I personally feel all these campaigns of any party dont have such a great direct impact on the Indian voter like anywhere else.

I dont see why Ram Mandir and Development are contradictory terms,we want to set the record straight and with the help of Lord Ram in Ayodhya.

Not only there,there should be a mandir in Mathura,Kashi and Varnasi also instead of the mosques there.

Kasi and Varanasi are one and the same. no ?

I dont see why Ram Mandir and Development are contradictory terms,we want to set the record straight and with the help of Lord Ram in Ayodhya.

A disconnect has been manufactured in the minds of the people. You just need to see the reactions of the people here.

Anyway the poll bugle has been sounded and hope BJP can run the home stretch succesfully.

I see it primarily happening amongst people who dont feel emotionally hindu strongly,they largely come from modern secular families,i still dont know what these terms mean.

Basically a confused class of people,largely in areas outside north India.

We cant expect right now any strategy for Congress/BJP to work in areas like TN/Kerala/Bengal.

These 3 are the most brainwashed states in India in the name of education.

BJP should just focus upon taking the cow belt,thats where the story is.

and yeah,thats just Mathura and Kashi.

Ishwar Allah tera naam.... who cares whether there is a temple or a mosque on the site. The temple or the mosque is within your heart. People demanding that a temple be built on the site are not seeking to appease God or their religion. They are seeking to appease their egos. And again, the politicians will lead their sheep to the slaughter. These politciians should rather stick to promising job creation, poverty alleviation, effective social grants and social upliftment instead of blabbering on about a mandhir which was allegedly demolished to builld a mosque. Sounds somewhat like the Pakistani politicians around election time. They get an erection about Kashmir then and our politicians seem to get an erection about the mandhir versus mosque issue. But then again, these erections are all about elections and we can only hope that the fools who vote these people in see beyond their great dramatics.

Never saw such two faced people like BJP. They just took U turn on Ayodhya issue when they were in power. Now elections are near and they are trying to air busted balloon.

Ram Mandir must be built there. But this should not create a law and order problem. The matter must be settled with the consultation of all communities.

As much as BJP and its stance is concerned, they are just playing to the gallery. What else can be expected from Rajnath Singh who single handedly botched BJP's chance in a lot of states..

Ok mate make it what you want but it should be based on national interest instead of political gain.
If issue is only for political gain then more unrest and bloodshed.

There is no news here ...BJP was always committed to building Ram Mandir at the Janmabhoomi sthan in Ayodhya. That has always been part of their election manifesto right from day one.

Back
Top Bottom