What's new

Billionaire Ambani Turns to China to Cut Costs

Thank u Chinese,
U have invested in $3 Billions in Indian Economy..
U'll sure get return and ur money back...

India needs electric power and she needs it badly. Whether that power comes from French or Russian made nuclear reactors or from Chinese made coal fired generators or from Indian made wind power generators, it is only electricity of which we just can't have enough.

If China has just joined the list of major world economies which are contributing towards development and growth in India, all we Indians can say is "Welcome, better late than never....der aaye, durust aaye"

The Ambanis are shrewed businessmen. At the end of the day, it is the bottom line that matters.

if? what are you talking about, china has been open for business for over 30 years it has no embargoes in place against india, it is india that has been blocking all kinds of deals with china like telecom and radars and such.

if? what are you talking about, china has been open for business for over 30 years it has no embargoes in place against india, it is india that has been blocking all kinds of deals with china like telecom and radars and such.

China is not so open. Indian IT firms have been asking for complete market access but have been granted only limited market access, it is the same story for the Banking & many other sectors too. The balance of trade is already in China's favor by a huge margin i.e 19billion $ out of 60billion $ of total trade. The government of India has been repeatedly asking China to open up further but to no avail. You, by any measure cant call this open for business!!

The GoI like many other countries has genuine security concerns when it comes to buying equipment from China in important sectors like telecom. As the ownership patters of most Chinese companies are opaque & it is the CPC that wields huge influence behind the scenes in these companies. India is the not the only company that has some apprehensions, the US congress had killed a huge deal by a Chinese firm to buy a US subsidiary on similar concerns.

Would hate to make this another India China flame thread. It is just with the intention of representing facts that i made the following points.

Nope, you have a lot of embargoes for imports. Your economy is export oriented and your government has made it almost impossible for any MNC to compete in Chinese market.
Free Trade should exist both ways . . . China is not doing this, partially because of fear of inflow of free ideas into the country. It is their loss.

Is that the same guy who built the uglist sky scrapper in mumbai ? lol wasted 1 billion on that shed

The whole thing about IT is a big lie. The truth is that Indian IT firms cannot compete well in China. Local IT firms have more expertise. The only advantage of Indian IT firms is the English language but in China, clients are mostly Chinese companies, so English language is not required.

And don't even get me started with Indian companies giving American executives kickbacks in order to gain American outsourcing market. The messiness of the coding done in India has been a joke among IT circle for years.

China is not so open. Indian IT firms have been asking for complete market access but have been granted only limited market access, it is the same story for the Banking & many other sectors too. The balance of trade is already in China's favor by a huge margin i.e 19billion $ out of 60billion $ of total trade. The government of India has been repeatedly asking China to open up further but to no avail. You, by any measure cant call this open for business!!

The GoI like many other countries has genuine security concerns when it comes to buying equipment from China in important sectors like telecom. As the ownership patters of most Chinese companies are opaque & it is the CPC that wields huge influence behind the scenes in these companies. India is the not the only company that has some apprehensions, the US congress had killed a huge deal by a Chinese firm to buy a US subsidiary on similar concerns.

Would hate to make this another India China flame thread. It is just with the intention of representing facts that i made the following points.

Nope, you have a lot of embargoes for imports. Your economy is export oriented and your government has made it almost impossible for any MNC to compete in Chinese market.
Free Trade should exist both ways . . . China is not doing this, partially because of fear of inflow of free ideas into the country. It is their loss.

Name one restriction, and cite the specific regulation and law please. (No Indian media source)

IT... india is good at servicing the English world but Indian IT services in china are just not in demand, so long as the rules are followed(basically the censorship stuff) IT group have no trouble operating in china(well no trouble from the government) and what do you mean by limited access could you provide some examples and sources, i am interested. and as for banking in china, Banking in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia scroll to 6. Foreign banks section, if Indian banks fail to complete that is not our fault(china does have the biggest most profitable banks BTW) and you cant ask china to open up further when you yourselves are far more "closed" than we are.

also security concern are legit but india has gone overboard, these china businesses that have been block have been international companies with long records of operating in other countries and have never had a security issue sometimes the items in question themselves have been bought by other countries with no problems. i mean you think we are bugging your weather Dopplers... aside from sensitive equipment many other things have been blocked( you want to protect your industries but dont wanna say it out loud)

so to put it simply, india is more closed than china

Applesauce is right, India is more closed off than China, especially in terms of protectionist measures against free trade.

Here is an article from Bloomberg Businessweek:

Russia and the U.S. have the most protectionist trade measures among the Group of 20 leading industrialized countries, according annual rankings released today in Hong Kong by the International Chamber of Commerce.

India and Argentina came third and fourth, while China was ranked sixth, just after Brazil, the Paris-based ICC said in the report, compiled by the Washington-based Peterson Institute for International Economics. Saudi Arabia was the nation with the fewest measures aimed at protecting its own trade.

Russia, U.S. Most Protectionist in Group of 20 - BusinessWeek

My God CD is everywhere..:cheesy:
Hey Merry Christmas, come I'll buy you a drink.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom