What's new

Biker's Lounge

1986 Honda Nighthawk S:

OutNAbout-0072.jpg

1986 Honda Nighthawk S:

View attachment 927436

Had the pleasure of riding its cousin (from 84) quite a few times...as my buddy owns one and took good care of it even though he bought it used...kept everything as close to stock as possible too.

Very nice 80s style dash/gauges.... I much prefer the 84 look with the shiny wheel trim over blacked out like this 86 one.

Handled very well, really nice at turns....suspension is good (given the age) and does anti-dive/buck well given its shaft drive.

Some real nice zip at the higher revs. Very pleasant for short and mid range trips.

A lot of fun and quite low maintenance overall (well its a Honda) if you take good care of it....

I like vintage bikes like this quite a lot!...the best of their lot give great idea what could be done with the tech they had at the time (70s/80s) compared to now.

Had the pleasure of riding its cousin (from 84) quite a few times...as my buddy owns one and took good care of it even though he bought it used...kept everything as close to stock as possible too.

Very nice 80s style dash/gauges.... I much prefer the 84 look with the shiny wheel trim over blacked out like this 86 one.

Handled very well, really nice at turns....suspension is good (given the age) and does anti-dive/buck well given its shaft drive.

Some real nice zip at the higher revs. Very pleasant for short and mid range trips.

A lot of fun and quite low maintenance overall (well its a Honda) if you take good care of it....

I like vintage bikes like this quite a lot!...the best of their lot give great idea what could be done with the tech they had at the time (70s/80s) compared to now.

I love this generation of motorbikes since I grew up looking at them back in the day. The problem here is that these do not take kindly to ethanol in the fuel, unless the fuel system is upgraded or the bike is used only for limited areas where ethanol free gasoline is available.

From Turkiye with love

Shazia Hasan
May 8, 2023
<p>The bikers and Razi Nayyar proudly display both Pakistan and Turkiye’s flags.</p>

The bikers and Razi Nayyar proudly display both Pakistan and Turkiye’s flags.

KARACHI: Four Turks on their motorcycles are touring Pakistan these days while appreciating everything about this country they had heard so much about and wanted to visit for so long.

“This visit was very much overdue since we have toured almost all of Asia by now,” says Tankut Guzel, who entered Pakistan via the Taftan border with friend Ahmet Bati on their heavy 1,100 CC Honda Africa Twin motorbikes last week.

Four Turkish citizens are set to travel all the way to Chitral on their motorbikes to attend Kalash Festival

The four riders belong to the Turkish Motorcycling Federation. They also teach riding in Turkey. Apart from that between them they are engineers, MBAs, economists. Tankut has an MBA besides being a mechanical engineer, his wife Seden is an economist, her sister Serpil is a chemical engineer and Ahmet is an electrical and industrial engineer.

The four visitors are guests of Razi Nayyar, founder of the Motor Club of Pakistan. A huge vintage cars and heavy motorbikes enthusiast, Nayyar had also organised a tour of Turkiye and Iran back in December with other club members from Dec 17, 2015 to Jan 24, 2016.

From Karachi, the four riders intend to head to Chitral where they were looking forward to attending the Kalash Festival.

“We will travel from Hindukush to Karakorum, riding through the Shandur Pass, Gilgit, the Hunza Valley, the Khunjerab Pass, the main cities of Pakistan such as Islamabad, Lahore, Bahawalpur, Multan, etc.,” Tankut shared.

The Motor Club of Pakistan wrote to the authorities regarding the matter and are still awaiting positive response.

The two ladies are also daughters of motorbikers and off-road rally drivers. Riding is in their blood but they are glad to have taken a flight to Pakistan to join the men.

“We have travelled all over the world on motorcycles and so many times we have seen so many things that we wanted to buy and take back home with us which we could not do because you can’t carry much with you on motorcycles,” laughed Seden,

Major Japanese Bike Makers Team Up to Develop Hydrogen Engines​

By Waleed Shah
May 18, 2023

UzahvrdF5uD9nErEntckbxljMDksu7tD2h75y4EWaiINCU79rHzQ6V2Qc5RkWjWDwEZERDdjXf-EnqkiEjPpnGOzf_RU-OAxbAbPyRA

Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha have received approval from Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry to form a technological research association.

The association, dubbed Hydrogen Small Mobility & Engine Technology (HySE), plans to work with special members Kawasaki Heavy Industries and Toyota to develop hydrogen-powered engines for small mobility.

The association will address issues confronting hydrogen-powered engines, such as fast flame speed and a large region of ignition, resulting in unstable combustion, and limited fuel tank capacity in small mobility vehicles.

210204_ruiz_jonnum_honda_rebel1100-intro_1975_web.jpg

Honda Rebel 1100

Interested in this one. Good starter bike with decent CC, cruise control, and height/ weight requirements. Not terribly expensive either.

I never owned one bro, the biggest displacement I rode was a Chinese 250 cruiser.

But old bikes and cruiser are love.

LOL. I started out with puny 10 hp two strokes, but honestly they were just as much fun. Heck, I even enjoy my grandson's CRF50 with an automatic clutch in my lawn, despite having liter plus bikes too.

The ride is ALWAYS in the rider and never the bike.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom