What's new

Biker's Lounge

Indian Super Tech Trick, please learn. Do not forget to read some comments.
I do not know if posted before, if its a re post, I apologize in advance.

Much of the advice given above is useless at best and damaging at worst.

For spark plugs, a proper cleaning of the inner insulator and electrodes in a spark plug cleaner followed by a proper gapping according to manufacturer specifications is all that is needed for conventional plugs, and not even that for iridium-tipped ones. Using a small amount of anti-seize on the threads is a good idea, but not essential. It is more important to pay attention to selecting the proper heat range of the spark plug according to engine operation.

http://www.gsparkplug.com/shop/spark-plug-heat-range/

https://www.ngkntk.in/ngk-technology/importance-of-heat-range/

That is all.

Much of the advice given above is useless at best and damaging at worst.

For spark plugs, a proper cleaning of the inner insulator and electrodes in a spark plug cleaner followed by a proper gapping according to manufacturer specifications is all that is needed for conventional plugs, and not even that for iridium-tipped ones. Using a small amount of anti-seize on the threads is a good idea, but not essential. It is more important to pay attention to selecting the proper heat range of the spark plug according to engine operation.

http://www.gsparkplug.com/shop/spark-plug-heat-range/

https://www.ngkntk.in/ngk-technology/importance-of-heat-range/

That is all.

Never torque a plug on a hot head.

Never go Mongol on torquing a plug.

Have helicoil shop on speed-dial.

Cheers, Doc

Never torque a plug on a hot head.

Never go Mongol on torquing a plug.

Have helicoil shop on speed-dial.

Cheers, Doc

Those are the basics that I would have assumed to be common knowledge, but I might be wrong. :D

Why are you not active on the Imran Khan for Afghans threads? :angel:

Cheers, Doc

I am just chillin' around here bro. The "mission statement" of this forum is too misguided until the trash can is emptied out by some miracle.

It is far better to talk bikes and photography. Most other threads I just read. ;)

I am thinking about trading in the KLR650 for a small road bike like the Duke 390 or Ninja 300, since the GSA can work just as well on the dirt trails that I do ride, no hard core single trail rough stuff.

I am just chillin' around here bro. The "mission statement" of this forum is too misguided until the trash can is emptied out by some miracle.

It is far better to talk bikes and photography. Most other threads I just read. ;)

I am thinking about trading in the KLR650 for a small road bike like the Duke 390 or Ninja 300, since the GSA can work just as well on the dirt trails that I do ride, no hard core single trail rough stuff.

Very difficult choice.

The new 390 is very potent.

The N300 is just too sexy.

Cheers, Doc

Very difficult choice.

The new 390 is very potent.

The N300 is just too sexy.

Cheers, Doc

My problem is the lack of space to put the bikes, otherwise I could easily consider adding a few more to the stable. Choices, choices, choices .... :D

My problem is the lack of space to put the bikes, otherwise I could easily consider adding a few more to the stable. Choices, choices, choices .... :D

Ninja 300 (but maybe its because I own the other ....)

Cheers, Doc

Rides-001.jpg

What better way to enjoy the first day of Fall with a 425 mile ride? :D

Being a Pakistani, very few things shock me, but this is completely ******* ridiculous.

Going at 60 km/h

1804272821_8a1f80ce09_o.jpg

Being a Pakistani, very few things shock me, but this is completely ******* ridiculous.

Going at 60 km/h

1804272821_8a1f80ce09_o.jpg

This is merely one of the symptoms of a misguided and impoverished (both in many diverse ways) society. No surprises here.

Apparently, motorcycles are thousands of years old. Who knew?

MosesTriumph.jpg

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/sikhs-to-be-exempted-from-ontario-motorcycle-helmet-law-1.4128456

Sikhs to be exempted from Ontario motorcycle helmet law

Alberta third province to allow Sikhs to ride motorcycles without helmets

Members of B.C.'s Sikh Motorcycle Club are pictured during a 2016 fundraising ride.

TORONTO -- Ontario will soon allow turban-wearing Sikhs to ride motorcycles without helmets, joining three other provinces in providing the exemption.

The Progressive Conservative government said Wednesday that the exemption -- which goes into effect Oct. 18 -- will recognize Sikh motorcycle riders' civil rights and religious expression.

"The safety of our roads will always remain a priority," Premier Doug Ford said in a statement. "But our government also believes that individuals have personal accountability and responsibility with respect to their own well-being."

Last week, Tory legislator Prabmeet Sarkaria tabled a bill to amend the Highway Traffic Act to allow the helmet exemption, but the government said Wednesday it would be bringing about the change through a regulation.

"I have been calling for a helmet exemption for turbaned Ontario Sikh motorcyclists for several years now," Sarkaria said in a statement. "The wearing of the turban is an essential part of the Sikh faith and identity, and exemptions for Sikhs have been successfully implemented in other provinces in Canada and across the world."

Turbaned Sikhs are already exempt from wearing motorcycle helmets in Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia.

The United Kingdom implemented a motorcycle helmet exemption for Sikhs in 1976, the Ontario government noted.

Ford said the move to allow the helmet exemption came after listening to the Sikh community. He also said it fulfilled a promise made during the spring election campaign.

The Sikh Motorcycle Club of Ontario welcomed the government's announcement.

"Soon we will have a right to ride with our pride," it said in a Facebook post.

Ontario's previous Liberal government had resisted calls for the exemption, saying that relevant academic research and legal decisions supported not granting it to Sikh motorcycle riders because it would pose a road safety risk.

Raynald Marchand, general manager of programs at the Canada Safety Council, called the helmet exemption "disappointing" but not surprising since Ford had been signalling the move for months.

"The main implication is that we're going to get people who will get hurt," he said. "There's no question that if they do fall, (a turban) will not provide the protection that a helmet would provide."

Marchand, an expert in motorcycle safety, said the exemption should be granted to turban-wearing Sikhs only after they receive their full motorcycle licences, not during training.

"They are most vulnerable at the learning stage," he said. "They might also find that wearing a helmet is actually a pretty good thing."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom